All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

How many of our strikers are signed up for next season? Griffiths, Jakubiak & Cummings could all be away.

FWIW Kelly profiles as a target man for me, so he'd be competing with Sheridan more than any of those anyway I'd think.

If the game goes ahead tomorrow (strong possibility that Dens could literally get blown down to the waterfront the way the wind is blowing just now), it’ll be the first league game at Dens I’ve been to for over 18 months, but the only other I’ve been to in that time was the League Cup game against the Well. Hope that’s an omen…

According to TDB our all-time appearances record holder and perhaps one of the best Dees there ever was, Doug Cowie, has passed away at the age of 95.

Doug Cowie | Scotland | Scottish FA

Really sorry to hear this news. Been updating the Dundee F.C. seasons on Wikipedia now that the Dee Archive has more info, and adding player statistics truly cements what a servant the man was for the club (as does this good article on the club website: https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/international-dees-doug-cowie/)

Helping the club return to form in the post-war years, a regular in the 1948-49 side that came so close to winning the league, a key member of the consecutive League Cup winning sides, and a mentor figure to our league winning side. It is unfortunate he left the club the season prior to its biggest triumph.

The all-time appearances leader with 445 caps, and 20 caps for Scotland all while with the Dee, including games in the 1954 and 1958 FIFA World Cups.

RIP Mr. Cowie, your achievements and dedication to the club will never be forgotten.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

16 hours ago, Liam89 said:

Shameless plug and being an absolute chancer but for anyone who may be interested in this event next Friday… Jocky Scott will also be making an appearance on stage to discuss his time in USA with Redknapp.   Tickets can be purchased at https://bit.ly/2Y9t4xm 

1E7E95C2-EC3D-43B0-A759-87781D3DCF07.jpeg

Puss like a red pudding supper

Great result today and elsewhere for the Derry faithful. 

It was pissing me off when we weren't playing McCowan and McMullen out wide and we're clearly a better team when we actually have two wingers in wide positions (mental that). 

Pulled ourselves right into the cluster with the good start to the beginning of the second third of the season. 

Onto a big game midweek. Slightly worried about a centre back pairing of Fontaine and Sweeney along with Anderson going off injured, but the fermers also have their own problems. 

Offer me a point now i'd take it. Going to be a big game up in Dingwall in a couple of weeks. Benefits of such a long journey is that i'll be too pissed to give a nonsense if we suffer defeat. 

Enjoy the winning feeling while we can and i'll kick off this Saturday night with this banger. 

Thank you. 

Sad to hear about Doug Cowie. Spent a year managing/coaching Raith when I was in my early teens. I went on to know his son when we played football for Aberdeen University football club. Doug Jnr for the first team. Me for the third team 😊 He then also played for Spartans after he graduated.

Should mention that Charlie Adam was a level above today.

The little things like the feint shot for the 2nd goal is easy to go unseen. Never gave the ball away all game and some of his crossing was quality. 

We all know he isn't the quickest but even in his prime he was never a quick player. When we have a bad result alot of people go to Adam with the abuse saying he's finished at this level. Absolutely comical; of late he literally dominated the midfield on his own against Aberdeen and strutted around today in a manner that  hasn't been seen since Spanish Jon. 

Bring on the Saintees. 

Thank you. 

McPake dedicating that result to Doug Cowie and saying he used that in his team talks today that we should give him a fitting tribute and knew the fans would rally.

Nice to hear that. Bit of class.

Edited by Ludo*1

Absolutely delighted to see Danny Mullen shit a few pusses today. There’s a reason he plays ahead of Griffiths and Cummings and performances like today prove that.

We’ve started Cummings and Griffiths once together this season and took 5 off County. 

Massive balls from McPake and it’s paying off.

Edited by RossDee01

29 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Absolutely delighted to see Danny Mullen shit a few pusses today. There’s a reason he plays ahead of Griffiths and Cummings and performances like today prove that.

We’ve started Cummings and Griffiths once together this season and took 5 off County. 

Massive balls from McPake and it’s paying off.

Some good points but you can’t count that County display/tactics/shape of team as starting Griffiths and Cummings together as a front 2.