All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

We are probably talking about the same meeting.

I'm 99% sure planning permission hasn't been applied for yet but that needn't be a long process if the preparatory conversations have taken place. 

I would guess the biggest stumbling block would be any change to access/egress on Kingsway so interesting to see what Transport Scotland say and what the cost of that would be. 

Not sure tbh, maybe you have better contacts in the council but there was chat that they'd already done all that with sorting access from Bear being the last bit that had to be agreed. That was supposed to have been sorted out too and they were just waiting on getting the funding.

We are probably talking about the same meeting.
I'm 99% sure planning permission hasn't been applied for yet but that needn't be a long process if the preparatory conversations have taken place. 
I would guess the biggest stumbling block would be any change to access/egress on Kingsway so interesting to see what Transport Scotland say and what the cost of that would be. 
If I remember correctly, have my doubts, a slip road (where the old one to the ice rink used to be) would be reinstated. The access road from behind the ice rink (where the crematorium is to be situated)would be upgraded.This would then make it a one way system, in from the Kingsway and out via Cupar Angus Rd.
Not 100% sure if that was approved though, but fairly certain I seen drawings of this.

1 hour ago, locheedee said:

Not sure tbh, maybe you have better contacts in the council but there was chat that they'd already done all that with sorting access from Bear being the last bit that had to be agreed. That was supposed to have been sorted out too and they were just waiting on getting the funding.

1 hour ago, jakedee said:

If I remember correctly, have my doubts, a slip road (where the old one to the ice rink used to be) would be reinstated. The access road from behind the ice rink (where the crematorium is to be situated)would be upgraded.This would then make it a one way system, in from the Kingsway and out via Cupar Angus Rd.
Not 100% sure if that was approved though, but fairly certain I seen drawings of this.

I have no insight into the A road side of it. Just idle speculation. If those conversations have been had that's good. My vested interest is I want out of the ice hockey in less than 30 minutes so anything that improves that is welcome.

The only people who can finally approve it are Elected Members so it will have to go to council but if officers recommend it and other statutory partners are sighted and agreeable can't see any issues.

You wouldn't do all that until funding in place and ready to push the button though.

Edited by invergowrie arab

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

In this day and age there's no way planning permission should be granted to any football stadium or other entertainment complex that doesn't have easy access on foot/public transport.

Thanks for your invaluable input Craig. The fact it’s located as close as it can possibly be to the main route through the east coast of Scotland with cycle paths and walkways as good as on its door step you’d think wouldn’t lead to much of an issue but Dundee City Council have. 

7 hours ago, K.T said:

So Cammy Kerr at Defensive Mid on Saturday with Elliot at RB you reckon?

Elliot Gowser McMullen Adam McCowan with Mullen up top or

McMullen Gowser Mullen Adam McCowan with Griffiths up top

pleeeease no Elliot at RB and as for Kerr DM   !!!!!       McPake tombola though

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Meant to ask this the other night - which age group train at the new place on the Kingsway on Tuesday evenings? 

It looks like there’s a few different age groups each night. Not sure if there’s group’s training indoors at the same time. Pretty high intensity stuff. Changed days to just pinging a ball back and forward across the park, crossing & finishing and working on your touch. 

15 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

It looks like there’s a few different age groups each night. Not sure if there’s group’s training indoors at the same time. Pretty high intensity stuff. Changed days to just pinging a ball back and forward across the park, crossing & finishing and working on your touch. 

Aye, there's a guy in this age group I've seen twice now in the passing who is really distinguishable - and looks a fucking excellent talent. By the looks of those around him I'd say 14/15 years old and is a fair bit ahead of them. 

In this day and age there's no way planning permission should be granted to any football stadium or other entertainment complex that doesn't have easy access on foot/public transport.
Any planning application will need a transport plan which includes these things and probably a traffic study to assess the impact. It's also pretty easy to search councils' websites to see planning applications and accompanying drawings and reports (I'm just not that bothered to actually do it).

40 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

It looks like there’s a few different age groups each night. Not sure if there’s group’s training indoors at the same time. 

Yes their is. We have 2 boys signed for Dundee and 4 at Dundee United. Played a friendly against Dundee recently and yeah got smashed. A lot younger age group but yeh they were good also. Good facility.

McPake saying he and Dave Mackay are going to the Irish Cup final on Sunday to look at a couple of players. We've got a list of players we want in on a pre-contract but also a few we want to try and get in January apparently.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake saying he and Dave Mackay are going to the Irish Cup final on Sunday to look at a couple of players. We've got a list of players we want in on a pre-contract but also a few we want to try and get in January apparently.

Seems like LOI is where a lot of Scottish clubs are looking to now.

St Mirren have obviously had success with McGrath etc. St Johnstone are supposedly after a centre back from Dundalk. We've already signed a boy from Bohemians on a pre-contract (he's playing in the Irish Cup final on Sunday coincidentally) and it was reported yesterday we're looking at a forward from Drogheda Utd.

I don't know if this is what McPake meant but the contracts for LOI players expire at the end of December given their season runs through the summer. So when he's talking about pre-contracts he could mean to sign in January rather than pre-contracts for the summer window.

Further to that it seems like Georgie Kelly is someone you're looking at.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It really is a laugh that we're looking at more strikers tbh

How many of our strikers are signed up for next season? Griffiths, Jakubiak & Cummings could all be away.