All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

If you aren’t keen on groundsharing with Dundee Utd why don’t you look into the possibility of sharing with Dundee Flyers?

Probably because they're not a thing.

As an outsider, this looks an interesting proposal but I do find it surprising you're being allowed to build in a greenbelt country park. Do you have outline planning approval for this?

I appreciate you are looking to bring in money by selling the existing ground for development but the site looks fairly small and hemmed in. Looking at the size of it on Google Maps compared to surrounding housing I'm not sure you would get that many on the site.

As an outsider, this looks an interesting proposal but I do find it surprising you're being allowed to build in a greenbelt country park. Do you have outline planning approval for this?
I appreciate you are looking to bring in money by selling the existing ground for development but the site looks fairly small and hemmed in. Looking at the size of it on Google Maps compared to surrounding housing I'm not sure you would get that many on the site.

The stadium itself isn’t planned to be within the park, it’s on a former industrial site right on the edge between the park and the ice rink. The training pitches would be slightly in the park but open to public use.

Some good examples of similar sized stadiums from Poland.

Big fan of the Stadion BBOSiR (15,076)

IMG_8700.jpg.dea9112c2b39946ccbf2eed1e8986cb1.jpg

Or how about the Stadion Miejski w Kielcach? (15,550)

IMG_8702.jpg.dbff34b1c54b4c16c0c84c30e809c30e.jpg

Or maybe a two tiered main stand like the Stadion Cracovii? (15,331)

IMG_8703.thumb.jpg.c68fa2ac30181b7d5f0a926f984a3f29.jpg

Is 15k still the proposed capacity? Surely 10k would be more than enough and would avoid swathes of empty seats.

I’m sorry but unless there’s a pirate ship viewing platform built into the stand like Tampa Bay have then I’m out.

4CD869AC-E93C-4539-927D-CF4CD5BAD402.thumb.jpeg.3bf370ef70558b1a79b20a30f3ffdca2.jpeg

I’m sure the council will be happy to give the Discovery to you boys to use?

37 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m sure the council will be happy to give the Discovery to you boys to use?

I’d think so. Turn it into the pie shop until the law allows alcohol at stadiums and then it can be the pub.

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

It's not part of the country park, its a wee corner off it designated as a leisure park so that bit of it is probably fine.

The training pitches are part of it but putting 3g pitches on greenspace seems to be fine with the planners and I suppose it makes sense as it is in effect still the same use as when it was grass pitches, and has happened elsewhere in the city.

I'm not aware of anything coming before council officers beyond some informal meetings 2 years ago though.

33 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

This is starting to take shape. There better still be plans for the Cabby archway over the Kingsway or I’m out. 

Yes the Caballero Crossing must remain a feature. With our new nautical theme I also motion for us to remove the players traditional captain’s armband and replace it with a captain’s hat.