All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It's all valid points, but, considering the millions they've already ploughed into the club, I've no concerns about them. If this project comes off crematorium etc (you'd know about that), then it's a money making venture, of which the stadium is a main part.

eta. I think Keyes would be over the moon with us sharing with the DAB's but that ain't happening.

Thank you.

I have to admit, my first thought here is that I remember Hamilton's owners saying much the same thing when they left Douglas Park. If I was a Dundee fan I'd want to see spades in the ground before moving out of Dens. In an ideal world Dundee would redevelop Dens, but costs and general location likely rules that out, but would be fantastic if you guys made a really neat ground that was fully enclosed.

I don't doubt your owners genuine intent, but these things can drag a fair bit. 

32 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I don't doubt your owners genuine intent, but these things can drag a fair bit. 

I admired their candour when they said it wasn't going to be just for Dundee FC.

They've made no secret that it was to be used for a wide variety of events and that Dundee FC would be effectively tenants to the new facility.

As long as they are willing to do great things for the club and what will be a boost to the city, I'm fully behind it.

Have the final design plans been decided or are the current designs just a draft? As it stands it looks like Dundee will be getting a dark blue version of Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium. Not exactly very exciting or inspiring. I think it’s important Dundee try to give this ground some character. As much as you all presumably hate Tannadice, there’s no denying its full of character with some of the stands being two tiered, different shapes, sizes etc. A two tiered main stand and a safe standing “new derry” behind one of the goals would be good.

Keepmoat Stadium:

IMG_8698.jpg

The Visma Arena, Sweden is a good example of a small stadium (12,000 capacity) which manages to incorporate two tiers.

IMG_8699.jpg

14 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

This is going to end in total disaster emoji23.png

We can't even get a managerial appointment within a country mile of being right, there's no fucking danger these clowns are going to manage playing 4d chess with stadium shares whilst we wait for a new one to be built, having just flattened Dens. Its a fucking massive risk which will virtually kill the club if they f**k it up. Mental.

To be fair, they're business people so I'd expect them to be more on the ball with business stuff than appointing football managers

14 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Have the final design plans been decided or are the current designs just a draft? As it stands it looks like Dundee will be getting a dark blue version of Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium. Not exactly very exciting or inspiring. I think it’s important Dundee try to give this ground some character. As much as you all presumably hate Tannadice, there’s no denying its full of character with some of the stands being two tiered, different shapes, sizes etc. A two tiered main stand and a safe standing “new derry” behind one of the goals would be good.

Keepmoat Stadium:

IMG_8698.jpg

The Visma Arena, Sweden is a good example of a small stadium (12,000 capacity) which manages to incorporate two tiers.

IMG_8699.jpg

It's apparently going to be based on Rotherham's stadium:

Rotherham United FC: New York Stadium Guide | English Grounds | Football- Stadiums.co.uk

16 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

As much as you all presumably hate Tannadice, there’s no denying its full of character with some of the stands being two tiered, different shapes, sizes etc.

Full of character is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Tannadice

18 minutes ago, hk blues said:

To be fair, they're business people so I'd expect them to be more on the ball with business stuff than appointing football managers

We have had plenty "business people" over the years who have ran our club into the ground. Local and non local . Don't blame anyone for being shit scared of all this happening and ongoing 

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

We have had plenty "business people" over the years who have ran our club into the ground. Local and non local . Don't blame anyone for being shit scared of all this happening and ongoing 

That wasn't my point - I wouldn't judge their business acumen purely based on their piss poor managerial recruitment

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

That wasn't my point - I wouldn't judge their business acumen purely based on their piss poor managerial recruitment

Surely as business men. "Making money" they would then find people who would then make these decisions for them. Whatever way you want to look at it recruitment has been a disgrace for the most part since they have been in charge. 

Has progression or anything happened over the years since they have been in charge ? Right now no I don't believe so. Apart from not being in administration again that's been a bonus. 

Again more paper talk of the stadium and whatever. Until things actual happen then start believing in something.  

38 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Surely as business men. "Making money" they would then find people who would then make these decisions for them. Whatever way you want to look at it recruitment has been a disgrace for the most part since they have been in charge. 

Has progression or anything happened over the years since they have been in charge ? Right now no I don't believe so. Apart from not being in administration again that's been a bonus. 

Again more paper talk of the stadium and whatever. Until things actual happen then start believing in something.  

Well, we've been a predominantly Premier League team throughout their time in charge. That can't be said for most of our previous owners in my lifetime.

Just now, RawB93 said:

Aye nah it was class before like

3807784.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

We have been back and fourth in the leagues . Stayed a little longer in top flight which is nice. They certainly have been our best owners since I have been born but that really isn't that hard. The talk of the new stadium ( again) is meh see what happens. Course a fear. 

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

We have been back and fourth in the leagues . Stayed a little longer in top flight which is nice. They certainly have been our best owners since I have been born but that really isn't that hard. The talk of the new stadium ( again) is meh see what happens. Course a fear. 

Although I agree the talk is very cheap and something for a slow news day, there was far far FAR too much detail given to to the public years ago when the plans were announced and again far too much incentive for it to not happen.

As for the business men talk, again as I said earlier, the stadium being multiple use and all the other projects that were going along with it were to claw back loses they have made over the years.

They've been nothing but up front about everything.

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Although I agree the talk is very cheap and something for a slow news day, there was far far FAR too much detail given to to the public years ago when the plans were announced and again far too much incentive for it to not happen.

As for the business men talk, again as I said earlier, the stadium being multiple use and all the other projects that were going along with it were to claw back loses they have made over the years.

They've been nothing but up front about everything.

This you won't see me disputing this. We had 3 or 4 on here ( maybe was less) who were telling us how this was all going and so on. 

We make money on the park by winning games and climbing the league and getting more fans back and selling our players for good money.  Zero of that will happen currently in my opinion if we stick with the same manager. Business wise ud also think that be a smart move to move on the manager. 

Meh, new stadium I'm all for. However the fear is awful  

Biggest failing of the new stadia is not filling the corners in.  Although they can be a bit identikit and lack character, if you get one based on the styles posted earlier with the stands wrapping entirely around the pitch it will certainly help with atmosphere.