All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Sad as it is, we've got to move for the good of the club. Hopefully incorporate a lot of the original into the new build, a build that needs to be right, corners filled in, steep terracing etc. Hopefully can buy a Derry bench from Dens, will look superb in the garden.

Steep terracing like Tynecastle was confirmed early doors. 

BBBABEB2-095E-47D7-9654-DE3B7450F36F.png

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Sad as it is, we've got to move for the good of the club. Hopefully incorporate a lot of the original into the new build, a build that needs to be right, corners filled in, steep terracing etc. Hopefully can buy a Derry bench from Dens, will look superb in the garden.

Even if they used the bench set up in a part of the new stadium, there's no greater moment than simply standing on the seats in front that have just been vacated by the boy celebrating in front of you, skipping from row to row, as Gowser jumps into the Derry.

Such an iconic place to celebrate.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Even if they used the bench set up in a part of the new stadium, there's no greater moment than simply standing on the seats in front that have just been vacated by the boy celebrating in front of you, skipping from row to row, as Gowser jumps into the Derry.

Such an iconic place to celebrate.

Yeah, some arti-farti architect could put that in, no probs.

Thank you.

Just now, GNU_Linux said:
4 hours ago, johnnydun said:
American style stadium....?
SPFL style attendance....?
xqhfqaj75ut61.thumb.jpg.9d109500a1c38f9b5e4ba78f25150d4f.jpg

Think Derrick Henry could handle hosting Forfar on a warm summer evening?

He would be sitting on the bench, Henry doesn't have enough of an engine in him to replace Charlie Adam.

Is there no worry at all amongst Dundee fans about the intentions of their owners?  I get that they seem above board and the plan sounds exciting, but i just always have a nagging doubt in the back of my mind what their motivation is?

It is surely to make money, and in the eyes of an American coming into Scottish football then isn't the obvious solution one stadium in the city, and even one team?  Whilst we know it would never work out that way, but to an outsider the prospect of double the home support and the chance of becoming Scotland's third force must have entered their thoughts, especially when Utd are also American owned.

The thought of renting a stadium out of town, Dens being demolished,  then the new ground not getting started for one reason after another.. a few years down the line the fanbase scunnered with travelling agree to a ground share at Tannadice. Or worse.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Is there no worry at all amongst Dundee fans about the intentions of their owners?  I get that they seem above board and the plan sounds exciting, but i just always have a nagging doubt in the back of my mind what their motivation is?

It is surely to make money, and in the eyes of an American coming into Scottish football then isn't the obvious solution one stadium in the city, and even one team?  Whilst we know it would never work out that way, but to an outsider the prospect of double the home support and the chance of becoming Scotland's third force must have entered their thoughts, especially when Utd are also American owned.

The thought of renting a stadium out of town, Dens being demolished,  then the new ground not getting started for one reason after another.. a few years down the line the fanbase scunnered with travelling agree to a ground share at Tannadice. Or worse.

Nah, we have a history of open and honest chairmen. We can spot a charlatan a mile off. Nothing to worry about.

10 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

It's all valid points, but, considering the millions they've already ploughed into the club, I've no concerns about them. If this project comes off crematorium etc (you'd know about that), then it's a money making venture, of which the stadium is a main part.

eta. I think Keyes would be over the moon with us sharing with the DAB's but that ain't happening.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Aye fair enough. Would still have loved to see a renovated Dens, but it's not to be.  Can only hope they listen to the support and learn from the other new grounds in Scotland.  Because out of the 10 or so 'new' stadia in Scotland, there's not one you'd want to copy as a template, with cheapness being the priority.

Possibly Livingston the best of a bad bunch?

This is going to end in total disaster [emoji23]

We can't even get a managerial appointment within a country mile of being right, there's no fucking danger these clowns are going to manage playing 4d chess with stadium shares whilst we wait for a new one to be built, having just flattened Dens. Its a fucking massive risk which will virtually kill the club if they f**k it up. Mental.

34 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

This is going to end in total disaster emoji23.png

We can't even get a managerial appointment within a country mile of being right, there's no fucking danger these clowns are going to manage playing 4d chess with stadium shares whilst we wait for a new one to be built, having just flattened Dens. Its a fucking massive risk which will virtually kill the club if they f**k it up. Mental.

All good fun though😂

I know we've generally got enough negativity already so I wasn't going to comment but today's information just makes me think it's never going to happen.

Edited by derrybiy
Autocorrect

45 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

If it wasn't for these 'clowns' then we would have been dead and buried years ago. I get it Nelms fucked up on the managers, but, bloody hell. Give it a rest.

Personally I hope we have a designated Main Stand which has two tiers. The thing that I hate most about grounds like The Tony Macaroni Arena is that both ends of the ground look the same. Totally loses character. Tynecastle for example I like a lot, lot less since their new stand was built. 

I think grounds develop character over time when things are built in different eras and gain affection over time etc so it's a shame we won't have that.

Something like a smaller Elland Rd however, would be class. We should build several pillars in the corner designated as the away end and make the seats face the wrong way.

Elland-Road.jpg

Edited by RawB93

50 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I must confess the redevelopment of the Dens Park site into housing would hopefully raise a fair bit of income towards the New Campy project.

However, that's what it would be, finance towards it, not the be all and end all, plus demolition including preparing the site won't come cheaply. After all, no one is queuing around the block to redevelop the considerable vacant site of the former Norco Superstore only a stones throw away in Main Street as far as I'm aware.

I'd be considerably more comfortable if the new building project was, for example, at least 6 months into a projected 15 month build using the existing funding already secured before even a blade of grass was touched at Dens Park.

As usual, merely my opinion, however as @Day of the Lords highlights, getting it wrong is not an option.