All things Dundee FC

Interview with Finn in the courier. He is talking it up and says he's learning a lot from Hartley, Fyvie and Logan.

"Dundee youngster Fin Robertson says he is getting back to his best while on loan at League One Cove Rangers."

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/2737125/fin-robertson-dundeefc-experience-cove-rangers-paul-hartley-next/

55 minutes ago, Girth said:

When's this international shite over with?

It is over, but we have a 'free' week as our fixture with Hibs was rearranged for December as they play in the League Cup Semi this weekend.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It is over, but we have a 'free' week as our fixture with Hibs was rearranged for December as they play in the League Cup Semi this weekend.

Nice one. Another weekend not ruined by McPake.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Don't know mate, only got the score.

Was that actually the score (2-0)?

Someone (a hibby) told me that it was 1-1.

I know it was only a bounce match, but interesting to hear about these things.................esp as its so long since we played a competitive game !!

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Was that actually the score (2-0)?

Someone (a hibby) told me that it was 1-1.

I know it was only a bounce match, but interesting to hear about these things.................esp as its so long since we played a competitive game !!

Just read on another Dee forum it was 2-0 so can't confirm.

8 hours ago, hk blues said:

Just read on another Dee forum it was 2-0 so can't confirm.

The other forum says the game was on Tuesday and was 2-0 Hibs, but an article I seen online suggested the game was to be played yesterday and I heard this morning we won 3-1, so who knows? 🤷‍♂️

Charlie Adam and Tam McManus briefly talked about the friendly yesterday on PLZ, with Charlie ribbing Tam a wee bit about it while they talked about the League Cup SF, saying "going on yesterday's performance... 😬". Didn't make it sound like a 2-0 loss tbh, or maybe as per usual I'm just reading too much into nothing.

On 13/11/2021 at 14:38, Ludo*1 said:

Feel like Dunfermline did us a huge solid by appointing John Hughes and saving us from at least that if we ever decide to dispose of McPake.

Never can understand the disrespect for John Hughes. Is it because he talks funny? He never done a bad job anywhere he’s been, apart from Raith but they were fucked anyway.

He took Hibs to Europe, won a cup with inverness and took them to europe and kept a Ross County side who looked guaranteed to be relegated last season up. He also got Falkirk promoted, kept them up for 4 years and got them to a Scottish cup final.

His inverness side used to regularly give us a good hiding as well.

Edited by RossDee01

21 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Never can understand the disrespect for John Hughes. Is it because he talks funny? He never done a bad job anywhere he’s been, apart from Raith but they were fucked anyway.

He took Hibs to Europe, won a cup with inverness and took them to europe and kept a Ross County side who looked guaranteed to be relegated last season up. He also got Falkirk promoted, kept them up for 4 years and got them to a Scottish cup final.

His inverness side used to regularly give us a good hiding as well.

Not many of his former club's speak highly of him despite his 'success'. He simply cannot build a team and the team usually has a complete meltdown after they've punted him usually due to the atrocious squad he leaves behind.

He was sacked by Hibs, done nothing at Livi, sacked by Hartlepool after relegating them to League 2, we can say that Raith were 'fucked anyway' but he had a Kernaghan/McIntyre esque record with them in the league below, ended up playing an outfielder in goal due to not being able to get a keeper in, publicly flogged his team every week & eventually had the kit man giving a team talk.

I don't think that counts as having never done a bad job tbh.

16 hours ago, Dee-funked said:

The other forum says the game was on Tuesday and was 2-0 Hibs, but an article I seen online suggested the game was to be played yesterday and I heard this morning we won 3-1, so who knows? 🤷‍♂️

You're right - I'm wrong!

(I'd like to think)