All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Just looking at potentially promising managers, I'd be looking at...

Pete Wild (Halifax)

Tommy Miller (Spennymoor)

James Rowe (Chesterfield) 

If I was in Nelms position I’d be keeping an eye on who’s doing well managing unfashionable clubs in countries similar in size to ours. Surely he knows how every manager in the top 2 leagues in the likes of Denmark, Sweden, Norway for example are performing and who could entice players to come to the club with him  who we’d be able to sign within our budget. The climate wouldn’t be an issue as well, bizarre as it sounds! It wouldn’t be like asking a Spaniard to come and play in freezing Scotland. Guys in Northern Europe wouldn’t have an issue freezing their bollocks off!

Edited by Yenitit

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

If I was in Nelms position I’d be keeping an eye on who’s doing well managing unfashionable clubs in countries similar in size to ours. Surely he knows how every manager in the top 2 leagues in the likes of Denmark, Sweden, Norway for example are performing and who could entice players to come to the club with him  who we’d be able to sign within our budget. The climate wouldn’t be an issue as well, bizarre as it sounds! It wouldn’t be like asking a Spaniard to come and play in freezing Scotland. Guys in Northern Europe wouldn’t have an issue freezing their bollocks off!

He's probably out of our reach now but I still have a hope we'd be able to get big Morten Weighorst. Probably just me dreaming but he still seems to love the club and is obvs doing well in the game as assistant manager at Denmark - he could come in and do a job for us before Celtic poach him again like they did last time...

4 minutes ago, K.T said:

Go for Neil Collins for winning the USL championship with the Tampa Bay Rowdies. f**k knows the standard of that league mind.

I'm not sure the big man would be too up for trading in Tampa for Dundee. I spoke to him last year and it seems he and his family are really settled over there.

9 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm not sure the big man would be too up for trading in Tampa for Dundee. I spoke to him last year and it seems he and his family are really settled over there.

Fair play to him. Must be some life over there!

19 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

He has been on channels talking about why Sevco debts arent going to stop them spending in January etc.

It's like Barry Ferguson at Clyde where he had ten times as much to say about them than he ever had to say about Clyde.

We had the same with Alex Rae when he was our manager, not sure if he was like that with you guys. 

4 hours ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Then you’ll get all the folk who moaned about Kamara going for feck all moaning again

You'd think you's could have got a cheeky wee sell on % added into that deal just in the off chance.

What will they demand for him now when Villa come calling, £10M?

37 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I genuinely doubt McIntyre will ever get a full time job in football management again.  What a shame.....

He got to wave a dayglo scarf around his head at the fruit caldron, so everything is fine.

Thank you.

Aye, to be clear this isn't me parachuting into your thread claiming we've reinvented the wheel or whatever. It's just that on the face of things there seems to have been a trend/profile that's worked for us.
It's why Eric Nicholson getting his feelings hurt that we didn't appoint Tommy Wright in the Courier got a reaction from a few of us at the time. If you look at our historic managerial choices then us going for Alexander ahead of Wright was hardly 'inexplicable'.
In fact, in hindsight Wright wouldn't have been anything like the "glaringly obvious ‘two plus two equals four’ fit" he claims (although I'm sure most would have had no real issue if it had been Wright). The idea of Tommy Wright dealing with our media team and relentlessly improving people's lives is quite funny though.
In the same way, from the outside looking it's interesting (to me) to try and get a handle on what would be a good fit for Dundee and work out what Nelms has been looking for when he's appointed McCann, McIntyre and McPake (Hartley wasn't Nelms, right?). You obviously had the interest in Jack Ross prior to McCann getting the job permanently then flip-flopped on the "criteria" for the job with McIntyre before going in-house with McPake who'd been viewed as a project being trained up.
I can see why folk have been suggesting that Charlie Adam would be a stick-on to get the job next but equally I'm not sure I could confidently second guess Nelms.

I’ve no problem with your input, I appreciate your insight to be honest.
We need someone who wants to succeed, to move up the ladder, who will move heaven and earth.
Like Gerrard moving to Villa, he obviously wants the Liverpool job, but he cannot fail in Birmingham in order to get it.

If we are going left field I still say we send Keyes private jet to Timbuktu and bring David You’re a Bunch of c***s Robertson home.

18 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We had the same with Alex Rae when he was our manager, not sure if he was like that with you guys. 

You'd think you's could have got a cheeky wee sell on % added into that deal just in the off chance.

What will they demand for him now when Villa come calling, £10M?

We were never ever gonna get a sell on clause , rangers held all the cards he was walking away free in the summer , Dundee had to take what they could get , personally I think and it’s not hindsight that we should’ve kept him and played him till he went to them , I think Kamara is the type of guy who would’ve still gave 💯 and maybe helped get us into the play offs instead of straight down 

31 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

We were never ever gonna get a sell on clause , rangers held all the cards he was walking away free in the summer , Dundee had to take what they could get , personally I think and it’s not hindsight that we should’ve kept him and played him till he went to them , I think Kamara is the type of guy who would’ve still gave 💯 and maybe helped get us into the play offs instead of straight down 

Yeah I’m not having the ‘he chucked it’ nonsense. McIntyre came in the ball was just flying over his head. Midfield got missed out and it was just another in a long list of crazy managerial appointments. 

Yeah I’m not having the ‘he chucked it’ nonsense. McIntyre came in the ball was just flying over his head. Midfield got missed out and it was just another in a long list of crazy managerial appointments. 
He played very well under McIntyre for the most part and we were actually looking much more competitive. That game V Rangers when Ralph got sent off, he was outstanding and pretty much ran the show in midfield, didn't look like we were down to 10 men. Brought other guys up a level by just being so good.

May well have been that there were a few words behind the scenes or could have been McIntyre trying to preempt it and giving up on it too easily. We'll never really know but given how Kamara just had a new agent and his camp seemed to be playing the press, my instinct is that they were probably putting a lot of pressure on.

Could also have been above managers head, not really known for making good football decisions at board level either.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

He played very well under McIntyre for the most part and we were actually looking much more competitive. That game V Rangers when Ralph got sent off, he was outstanding and pretty much ran the show in midfield, didn't look like we were down to 10 men. Brought other guys up a level by just being so good.

May well have been that there were a few words behind the scenes or could have been McIntyre trying to preempt it and giving up on it too easily. We'll never really know but given how Kamara just had a new agent and his camp seemed to be playing the press, my instinct is that they were probably putting a lot of pressure on.

Could also have been above managers head, not really known for making good football decisions at board level either.

If I remember correctly I’m sure they said at the time that his sale was used to re-jig the squad. Would’ve stood a much better chance of staying up with him in the team rather than selling him for a pittance and bringing in poor replacements. 

If I remember correctly I’m sure they said at the time that his sale was used to re-jig the squad. Would’ve stood a much better chance of staying up with him in the team rather than selling him for a pittance and bringing in poor replacements. 
Agree 100%. Do get the feeling it was maybe press management to polish a turd and they didn't have the heart to fight it but unacceptable that we didn't at least seen to source any proper replacement and were chasing around late window.

In all honesty, we should have been throwing an extension at him a couple of weeks after we signed him. Couldn't believe some of the shit people would moan at him for having a bit of composure.

Motherwell showed how it could be done with Kipre. He didn't have any interest being there long term and they played the market and got £1 million. Come in in short term deal and they were instantly throwing offers at him and obviously planning his departure early on.