All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Stewards and police are not employees of the club and if fans don’t want a telling off then don’t take flares to the game. It’s pretty simple.

So we don't employ the stewarding company? I'm sure the fans that plan on taking flares to games will feel suitably admonished and won't do so in further due to that statement.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So we don't employ the stewarding company? I'm sure the fans that plan on taking flares to games will feel suitably admonished and won't do so in further due to that statement.

We hire stewards from another company but they’re not employees of the club, no. 

I’m not sure what else the club can do other than what they’ve said. They’ve basically warned people that if they continue take flares to games they’ll be identified and banned which his completely fair.

Id much rather my club was proactive on these things rather than sit back and accept poor fan behaviour like other clubs.

Theres absolutely no need for these things and like the club have said it seems to be a pretty new feature among our fans so it’s good to see the club being proactive with it.

Cant wrap my head around people being critical of this.

Edited by RossDee01

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

We hire stewards from another company but they’re not employees of the club, no. 

I’m not sure what else the club can do other than what they’ve said. They’ve basically warned people that if they continue take flares to games they’ll be identified and banned which his completely fair.

Id much rather my club was proactive on these things rather than sit back and accept poor fan behaviour like other clubs.

Theres absolutely no need for these things and like the club have said it seems to be a pretty new feature among our fans so it’s good to see the club being proactive with it.

Cant wrap my head around people being critical of this.

So ultimately, as I said, it's our responsibility.

I thought it was always protocol and common knowledge that if a fan was identified with a pyro on them that they'd be banned? I mean, it's an illegal offense to use one in a public place and has been for many years.

I've seen flares go off at Dens and away grounds since at least the mid-00s.

No statement after a 5 nil pumping from bottom of the league and winless County but don’t dare take a flare to an away game 3 days later after still showing your backing/loyalty to the club. Yeah it’s wrong but ffs there’s a time and place to start pissing off the fanbase again. 

To be fair to our fanbase it’s probably only County fans that use pyrotechnics less than us. Very few from what I’ve witness compared to others. Maybe Mr Thompson could concentrate on finding a way of keeping them out of our ground in the away end meaning we won’t find ourselves in our current predicament with 1 of our strikers. We’ve been subjected to pyrotechnics getting fired into the Derry and the immediate reaction was to throw fans out of the Derry. 

Edited by Yenitit

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So ultimately, as I said, it's our responsibility.

I thought it was always protocol and common knowledge that if a fan was identified with a pyro on them that they'd be banned? I mean, it's an illegal offense to use one in a public place and has been for many years.

I've seen flares go off at Dens and away grounds since at least the mid-00s.

It is a criminal offence, but clearly some aren’t aware of that as they continue to do it so the club have put out a warning.

I saw at least 2 thrown on the pitch on Saturday, both failed to light. Both fans were chucked out immediately so I’m guessing that’s why a statement has been put out today.

No idea why this is winding people up as unless you’re the one taking pyros it should really bother you?

Edited by RossDee01

Just now, RossDee01 said:

It is a criminal offence, but clearly some aren’t aware of that as they continue to do it.

I saw at least 2 thrown on the pitch on Saturday, both failed to light. Both fans were chucked out immediately so I’m guessing that’s why a statement has been put out today.

No idea why this is winding people up as unless you’re the one taking pyros it should really bother you?

We're clearly not gonna agree on this so may as well leave it there. I've said why it's 'winding' me up yet you still have no idea. Fair enough.

13 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

No statement after a 5 nil pumping from bottom of the league and winless County but don’t dare take a flare to an away game 3 days later after still showing your backing/loyalty to the club. Yeah it’s wrong but ffs there’s a time and place to start pissing off the fanbase again. 

What would you like to have seen in a statement after a league defeat?

Anyone pissed off at being reminded to do something they already know not to do is a dafty.

Edited by RawB93

38 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I agree with the sentiment on pyro but Jim Thompson doesn't half come across as a moany b*****d. Pretty sure he was the only one getting Cummings told off in the chandelier video.

Is Mr Thompson a full time employee at the club? Pisses me off the state the place is left in at times and the hassle to get in to home games. He should maybe concentrate on cleaning the place up like the unused Derry steps, solving the problem with turnstiles not opened on matchdays like at the County game with people missing the kick off, hospitality suites not tidy after the previous game and haul the club into the 21st century by actually getting e-tickets up and running and not turning people off going because it’s such a hassle to get into the ground on matchdays. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 minute ago, RawB93 said:

What would you have liked to see in a statement after a defeat?

'Dundee Football Club can confirm today that it has parted company with manager, James McPake.'

2 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

What would you have liked to see in a statement after a defeat?

Anyone pissed off at being reminded to do something they already know not to do is a dafty.

A statement that read ‘we’d like to thank James for his efforts since joining the club but after yet another unacceptable heavy defeat with the same reoccurring errors the club have decided we will be moving in another direction and looking for a new manager.’ 

How’s that?

I’m more bothered about the knick of our stadium than a flare at the ground tbh. If it’s Mr Thompson who issued that statement then I admire his ‘hardneckedness’. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

A statement that read ‘we’d like to thank James for his efforts since joining the club but after yet another unacceptable heavy defeat with the same reoccurring errors the club have decided we will be moving in another direction and looking for a new manager.’ 

How’s that?

I’m more bothered about the knick of our stadium than a flare at the ground tbh. If it’s Mr Thompson who issued that statement then I admire his ‘hardneckedness’. 

Given he wasn't sacked it would be quite odd to release a statement saying he had been.

I'd rather not invest in our current ground if we have plans to move in the near future.*

*Allegedly

11 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Given he wasn't sacked it would be quite odd to release a statement saying he had been.

I'd rather not invest in our current ground if we have plans to move in the near future.*

*Allegedly

You asked me what I would’ve liked in a statement 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

The only investment would be for e-tickets which 100% should be in place by now.

You wouldn’t like the knick of the Derry steps tidied up, hospitality suites cleaned, graffiti moved from stadium walls, PA systems working properly in a stand,  beds not on top of pie stalls, stand prepared properly for reopening after covid, the eco friendly bog at the back of the Derry fixed all  just because a stadium was proposed about 3 years ago. 🤦🏻‍♂️ but everything that’s wrong with the club we get a statement ticking off some dafty for taking a flare to a game.

Really can’t be difficult to identify the individual in a crowd of about 500 with e-tickets and paper tickets. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 wrongs don’t make a right. Bits of the stadium are an embarrassment, the manager is not up to the job but I’ve no problem with the statement. They’ve probably got a legal duty of care to issue the warning. Like most away supports we’ve got lads barely able to walk going into the ground, then they’re fannying about with flares, f**k that.

4 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Is Mr Thompson a full time employee at the club? Pisses me off the state the place is left in at times and the hassle to get in to home games. He should maybe concentrate on cleaning the place up like the unused Derry steps, solving the problem with turnstiles not opened on matchdays like at the County game with people missing the kick off, hospitality suites not tidy after the previous game and haul the club into the 21st century by actually getting e-tickets up and running and not turning people off going because it’s such a hassle to get into the ground on matchdays. 

When I went to the away end at the Dundee v Aberdeen game a couple of weeks ago and went for my usual pie and bovril pre match, my tea, I was told it was cash only. Cash? What’s f*ck*ng cash?

4 hours ago, Yenitit said:

The queues at the County game were a fucking joke. 

Considering there's no cash gate couldn't believe how slow it was. Get more people on the fucking gate. To top it off entry through the gate was postponed during the one minutes silence as people stood in the pissing rain. 

Thank you.