All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Hope you paid ya tight so and so.

But of course, I prefer to put money in to Scottish clubs when I can.

I love Scottish fitba and surprisingly, despite its best efforts, my club. I know what it's like to nearly lose my club and how every penny is a prisoner for all clubs, that is why I will never not pay for a clubs stream, if I can't make it to the ground.

Edited by johnnydun

7 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Just shows we all see things differently.  I thought he was slow, lazy, lacked determination and lacked any bravery when any possible tackle was about to be made on him.  Mullen for all his faults, at least makes a real nuisance of himself and helps the team defend from the front.  Just my opinion of course.

I thought I was in the twilight zone when I was reading takes here and elsewhere bigging up his performance. Sheridan, hair bobble incident aside, shirks tackles, lacks the will to get his nose dirty, and has the energy and pace of a three legged turtle. He also can't control or pass a ball in any way shape or form.

I hope his injury isn't too bad for his sake, but as far as my team goes I'd happily see him drop down to emergency striker status.

Edited by CanadianDee

20 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Were you at the game Johnny?

Sheridan never won an aerial duel all game mate. I know that because I was in a state of fury at him playing and watched every one counting how many he'd win for a post match rant. Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised with the performance after the midweek nightmare on the whole though.

He did win a few free kicks and put himself about. Not saying he wasn't okay but he genuinely never won an aerial challenge all game (obviously maybe missed one).

Thank you.

39 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Sheridan never won an aerial duel all game mate. I know that because I was in a state of fury at him playing and watched every one counting how many he'd win for a post match rant. Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised with the performance after the midweek nightmare on the whole though.

He did win a few free kicks and put himself about. Not saying he wasn't okay but he genuinely never won an aerial challenge all game (obviously maybe missed one).

Thank you.

We’ll agree to disagree, winning is all I really care about. Thought the guy was due credit for his performance yesterday and had a big say on getting us up the park. Obviously the headers he won when the defenders back off because they aren’t winning them count as well tho, aye? 

What was your thoughts on Elliot playing right midfield/wing when Gowser went off and McMullan moved inside? It was maybe only 15 minutes but I thought he offered something there and is a decent shout like yesterday to come on for a spell to help us see out the game. Another big unit at attacking and defensive set pieces.

The only thing McPake done that pissed me off during the game was being so negative at our attacking set pieces in the last 15 minutes. Without Sweeney and Ashcroft going forward the ball just comes straight back at us. In the end it obviously worked but like I said it just meant we were giving away possession. Great win though that lifts the spirits a bit. Thankfully Motherwell got pumped today because I still think they might be the club we'll need to catch to stay out of the playoffs and above County. 

Edited by Yenitit

32 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

We’ll agree to disagree, winning is all I really care about. Thought the guy was due credit for his performance yesterday and had a big say on getting us up the park. Obviously the headers he won when the defenders back off because they aren’t winning them count as well tho, aye? 

What was your thoughts on Elliot playing right midfield/wing when Gowser went off and McMullan moved inside? It was maybe only 15 minutes but I thought he offered something there and is a decent shout like yesterday to come on for a spell to help us see out the game. Another big unit at attacking and defensive set pieces.

The only thing McPake done that pissed me off during the game was being so negative at our attacking set pieces in the last 15 minutes. Without Sweeney and Ashcroft going forward the ball just comes straight back at us. In the end it obviously worked but like I said it just meant we were giving away possession. Great win though that lifts the spirits a bit. Thankfully Motherwell got pumped today because I still think they might be the club we'll need to catch to stay out of the playoffs and above County. 

Don't disagree he is due some credit, he held it up well at times and won fouls. As i said before he has some technical ability which isn't usual in his mould of player. On challenging for headers though thought he got smaller. 

Was happy with Elliot coming on there and showed some thought anyway from the coaching staff at him being able to track back. Elliot always impressed me at times with his surges forward so maybe it's a position we could get something out of him as we all know he is too prone to errors when at right back.

On the subject of right back, Kerr was tremendous yesterday, but he sometimes has games like that. I'm not going to change my opinion on us needing a much better right back in order to take us where we want.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Don't disagree he is due some credit, he held it up well at times and won fouls. As i said before he has some technical ability which isn't usual in his mould of player. On challenging for headers though thought he got smaller. 

Was happy with Elliot coming on there and showed some thought anyway from the coaching staff at him being able to track back. Elliot always impressed me at times with his surges forward so maybe it's a position we could get something out of him as we all know he is too prone to errors when at right back.

On the subject of right back, Kerr was tremendous yesterday, but he sometimes has games like that. I'm not going to change my opinion on us needing a much better right back in order to take us where we want.

Thank you.

Kerr’s use of the ball let him done at times but he had a very good game defensively. If we happen to stay up I’d keep Cammy as cover for both fullback positions, move Marshall and Elliot on (unless Marshall can do a job further up the park) and sign a new 1st choice right and left back. Probably finding out what the Ross County right back’s situation with Arsenal is.

Big Sweeney was the the pick of the bunch for me yesterday at the back. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

Kerr’s use of the ball let him done at times but he had a very good game defensively. If we happen to stay up I’d keep Cammy as cover for both fullback positions, move Marshall and Elliot on (unless Marshall can do a job further up the park) and sign a new 1st choice right and left back. Probably finding out what the Ross County right back’s situation with Arsenal is.

Big Sweeney was the the pick of the bunch for me yesterday at the back. 

Yeah but Kerr has no footballing ability so kind of take that as a given- you're right . Defensively very good yesterday, didn't give Tanser a sniff.

I've seen a few performances where I've really liked Sweeney this season. Was a colossus against The Rangers. I think we have a good player there. 

Thank you.

Following on from the post just earlier from thommohawk , I have this in my house.

Passed down from the grandfather (something no DAB could say). Think it's from the 60s although maybe any older heads in here could clarify that.

Few marks on it, pulled it out there and it had gathered more dust than Granny Dangers salad box. Still in decent nick though.

It runs in the blood.

Thank you.

20211031_185607.thumb.jpg.289552bb4769a8e4cb92bbeb76850cf6.jpg

On the radio yesterday after about 20 minutes Rory Loy said Sheridan had been absolutely excellent and that the St Mirren CH’s hadn’t one a single ball in the air against him and that he was getting us up the park. I was expecting folk who watched the game to be talking him up.
I wasn’t watching so can’t comment.

3 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Following on from the post just earlier from thommohawk , I have this in my house.

Passed down from the grandfather (something no DAB could say). Think it's from the 60s although maybe any older heads in here could clarify that.

Few marks on it, pulled it out there and it had gathered more dust than Granny Dangers salad box. Still in decent nick though.

It runs in the blood.

Thank you.

Your grandfather likely carried his lunch in that.  Such a great gift to keep.  Priceless.

Even if a United fan got the United equivalent from their grandfather they probably wouldn’t want to keep it because unless they saw the original purchase it doesn’t count.

11 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

It runs in the blood.

Thank you.

Looks like we've started something. Hopefully see some more of what everyone else has 

37 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

On the radio yesterday after about 20 minutes Rory Loy said Sheridan had been absolutely excellent and that the St Mirren CH’s hadn’t one a single ball in the air against him and that he was getting us up the park. I was expecting folk who watched the game to be talking him up.
I wasn’t watching so can’t comment.

Me and Rory were obviously watching the same game 😂

14 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Pretty poor that Max Anderson isn’t in the Scotland under 21 squad again. Plays week in, week out in the Premier League but can’t get picked for guy’s playing in the English lower leagues and their Premiership Under  23 league. 

Agreed. The lack of ball winning midfield players, Max or Byrne, was one of te reasons for Wednesday’s pre Halloween horror. 
That the young Scotland team has strong skilful ball winners in midfield is good news if Max isn’t good enough to be picked. 
But……