All things Dundee FC

Will be interesting to see how we come out on Saturday and we’ll get an idea then of what this group are made of.

No decision will be made on the manager tonight or anytime soon so no point even speculating. He’ll get the rest of the season unless we get cut adrift.

2 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Our strongest 11 is 

Legends

Kerr Ashcroft Sweeney Marshall

Byrne Adam McGhee

McMullan Cummings McCowan

just fucking play that team at every available opportunity.  In January our new manager can sign a whole new defence.

So your going 4-3-3 Byrne is out who is he replaced with? McGowan ?

Doubt there’ll be any change, Nelms has rarely made a good decision in his time running the club, he’s turning into a hindrance and actually stifling progress with constant poor appointments. Club needs an experienced manager to build a team, been too many  marquee signings of names and connections who lack legs and athleticism for this level and an out of depth manager trying to shoehorn them into the starting 11.  We have a pretty weak squad, probably championship level, with zero game plan or plan b when the inevitable happens. Not looking good 

Forgot about him good shout

He is currently unwell. Sick. I was sitting next to one of our players gf’s tonight who told me.
Don’t really think you can drop Griffiths, his touch is in a different league to Cummings. I’d rather drop Adam. Without 2 hard running defensive type midfielders next to him he’s a liability.
I’d probably go with Mullen and Griffiths - just for his energy. Actually thought he did ok tonight when he came.
The Legend is a very rare goalkeeper. Half decent on cross balls, looks the part, seems confident - shite at saves. Needs dropped and let’s see how whathisname does.
We’ve a very unbalanced squad, again.

Doubt there’ll be any change, Nelms has rarely made a good decision in his time running the club, he’s turning into a hindrance and actually stifling progress with constant poor appointments. Club needs an experienced manager to build a team, been too many  marquee signings of names and connections who lack legs and athleticism for this level and an out of depth manager trying to shoehorn them into the starting 11.  We have a pretty weak squad, probably championship level, with zero game plan or plan b when the inevitable happens. Not looking good 

Totally agree.

That right back for County was really good tonight. When you look at the likes of him compared to Kerr it really hurts me.

Year after year I say the same things. Kerr, McGowan we have to move on. McPake is so keen to trust in this group that he can never take us forward.

If you enter the season with no proper back ups for our fullbacks, goalkeeper or wingers then you're plain stupid.

We're clearly missing another central midfielder too. McPake has assembled a squad with alot of talent but not thought about the formation.

He is out of his depth and it's all becoming very depressing once again.

Fed up of the constant cycle. We need freshness at this club and that starts with a manager who has no connection to this club.

Thank you.

Imagine the discussion between McPake and Nelms after last night. "So James, what were you trying and what do you think now". "Oh, I thought Cummings on the wing was going catch them unawares. I admit I was a bit surprised at the pace in their team as I hadn't got round to looking at them play. Anyway, wasn't going to get suckered into playing their game so I took off our fastest player and replaced his wide midfielder position with another striker. With our vastly experienced, though admittedly ageing and a bit slow central midfield of Adam and McGowan, I'm really surprised we didn't blow them away. Must have been just a glitch tonight, sure we'll be fine on Saturday."   "Alright then, carry on"