All things Dundee FC

On 18/10/2021 at 18:25, LM_0803 said:

St Johnstone were the better team in both games, but they weren't that good, because we made it too easy for them. All three goals in game two coming down our left hand side, where Marshall plays, if I remember correctly 🤔. We were good on Saturday, but that Aberdeen team is terrible. We can win and I can still think there's better, more organised and charismatic coaches out there for us. 

Props on responding to your own post.

Don't forget at the height of McPake's madness last season he put Cammy Kerr on in central midfield at Arbroath away. Needless to say it was one of the worst displays i've ever seen. He continually ran away from getting the ball and literally looked like an amateur. 

Thank you 

51 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I don't see what the issue is, just have McGhee the sitting midfielder and bring in Anderson to play alongside Adam.

I don't think McGhee is suited to the role. He's a box to box midfielder with great legs. We are needing a sitting midfielder that needs to be the most disciplined player on the park.

He or McGowan are probably the two best shouts though.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Cammy played there before, under Hartley. We went through a phase of attempting everybody there. Konrad was okay. Gadzhalov was the worst fucking thing I've ever seen in a Dundee strip and I'm sure he was hooked after 45mins it was that bad. 

Konrad should be signed on again. Cracking undervalued CH IMO.

Gents travelling at the weekend.

An old football buddy of mine was taken well before his time by cancer a couple of weeks back. He was in his 30s and leaves a bereft family and girlfriend behind.

For his sins sadly he was a massive jambo and was well known at the club.

Some of their support are organising a clap for him and the family in the 15th minute on Saturday and I think there might be a bucket thing for Macmillan or similar.

No obligation obviously but if Dees did choose to join in I'm sure that would be appreciated.

Edited by The Algebraist

Don't forget at the height of McPake's madness last season he put Cammy Kerr on in central midfield at Arbroath away. Needless to say it was one of the worst displays i've ever seen. He continually ran away from getting the ball and literally looked like an amateur. 
Thank you 

I sincerely hope I never have torture my eyes with this again. Horrific.

8 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

Gents travelling at the weekend.

An old football buddy of mine was taken well before his time by cancer a couple of weeks back. He was in his 30s and leaves a bereft family and young lady behind.

For his sins sadly he was a massive jambo and was well known at the club.

Some of their support are organising a clap for him and the family in the 15th minute on Saturday and I think there might be a bucket thing for Macmillan or similar.

No obligation obviously but if Dees did choose to join in I'm sure that would be appreciated.

Is there a PayPal or anything please mate? 

52 minutes ago, Girth said:

Is there a PayPal or anything please mate? 

Thanks for the thought. Not that I'm aware of although I will let you know. To be very clear it isn't a case of the family needing money, if there is a collection (not 100% sure) it would be for charity. 

I know that after his diagnosis Macmillan supported the family and his brother ran to raise money for them earlier in the year so if you felt like making a donation that is where I would put it.

Edited by The Algebraist

16 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

Thanks for the thought. Not that I'm aware of although I will let you know. To be very clear it isn't a case of the family needing money, if there is a collection it would be for charity. 

I know that after his diagnosis Macmillan supported the family and his brother ran to raise money for them earlier in the year so if you felt like making a donation that is where I would put it.

Will do. 

Sure there will be a good sum Sat. 

❤️❤️❤️

22 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

McIntyre was destroying the club. I would probably have given up on football if he had stayed. He was forcing out people who loved the club and bringing in people who couldn't care less.

Thanks for this info Jim.  The question then is why did it take so long for him to be punted? 

57 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Thanks for this info Jim.  The question then is why did it take so long for him to be punted? 

It's hard to sack two managers in a season. I reckon the only thing that might have saved him was staying up. Aside from his non-existent man-mangement skills this was a guy who couldn't see that Glen Kamara was his best player. I couldn't believe it when I had to type these words at Pittodrie just before Christmas that season.

"The Dee made two changes from Saturday’s defeat at Kilmarnock. Nathan Ralph and Lewis Spence came in for Andy Boyle and Glen Kamara, who were both on the bench."

I mean, how is anyone supposed to write that without several expletives or at least a "FFS!!!"? Kamara only got on the pitch that night when the match was dead and he replaced the injured Spence.

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

13 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

It's hard to sack two managers in a season. I reckon the only thing that might have saved him was staying up. Aside from his non-existent man-mangement skills this was a guy who couldn't see that Glen Kamara was his best player. I couldn't believe it when I had to type these words at Pittodrie just before Christmas that season.

"The Dee made two changes from Saturday’s defeat at Kilmarnock. Nathan Ralph and Lewis Spence came in for Andy Boyle and Glen Kamara, who were both on the bench."

I mean, how is anyone supposed to write that without several expletives or at least a "FFS!!!"? Kamara only got on the pitch that night when the match was dead and he replaced the injured Spence.

That explains a lot. I sincerely hope he, I refuse to say his name, never works in football again. 

19 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

4 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

That explains a lot. I sincerely hope he, I refuse to say his name, never works in football again. 

I can't type or say Martin fucking Woods without putting 'fucking' in the middle!

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Interesting reading, one positive thing to come out the shambles is, the clown will never manage again.

Thank you.

He'll probably take over at County and help relegate you again, tbf.