All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, The Derry said:

I have nothing against the big man but Cummings has to be first on and not Sheridan.  

In hindsight I think Sheridan was the right choice, as despite Griffiths' goal he'd barely seen the ball all night, and the choice to bring on the big man who could stick to the ball and distribute play a bit better worked out more imo than continuing on with the same kind of striker. And that's coming from me, and I fucking love Cummings.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I saw that McCowan scored last night against Aberdeen so I thought I’d pop in and ask how he’s doing so far this season? I wasn’t entirely sure how long it would take him to adapt to the top flight but he seems to be doing okay.

I was a bit unsure what to make of him at first, but when he gets an opportunity he's not shy and certainly gives it everything. Seems to lose possession a lot, which was easily my biggest frustration with him, but can find a pass and be a nuisance on the wing, and last night showed his eye for goal with a decent effort to begin with and a quick reaction for the goal, which was taken very well. Boy is passionate and I love that in a player, fits in well with the team, and he certainly didn't look out of place in this league last night. Look forward to seeing more from him.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I saw that McCowan scored last night against Aberdeen so I thought I’d pop in and ask how he’s doing so far this season? I wasn’t entirely sure how long it would take him to adapt to the top flight but he seems to be doing okay.

He's very raw which is a wee bit concerning as he's now mid 20s. Loses possession in daft areas quite a lot due to his belief that he can run at players - which when it works is great, but too often he just gets shrugged off the ball like a wee laddie.

Despite thos negatives, I really like his passion, his willingness to make a nuisance of himself and he certainly stretches the game and takes some pressure off of Mczmullan and Adam to do the real damage.

He should be a starter for us in most games IMO.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I rate him a lot. Aye losses possession but he certainly gives it a good go. He isnt afraid to take anyone on. For me he should be starting every week with McMullan on the other side. Granted if we have to change tactics then aye he hits the bench but for McGowan to be on the wing ahead of him was criminal and hopefully don't see that again.

A good signing 

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's very raw which is a wee bit concerning as he's now mid 20s. 

Despite thos negatives, I really like his passion, his willingness to make a nuisance of himself and he certainly stretches the game and takes some pressure off of Mczmullan and Adam to do the real damage.

He should be a starter for us in most games IMO.

He only 23. Thought was a bit older when you said mid twenties.  Still will do a good job for us. 😀

Just need to get the ball out too the channels more I feel. 

McCowan to me clearly has ability and is improving as each game goes by. Looks to have the potential to be a great bit of business by the club. Hopefully the goal breeds more confidence in front of goal. 

Enjoy watching him and McMullan in the same starting 11. I most confess my 😍 for the wee, nae neck, cannae cross, diving arab b*****d on the other wing tho!

Just now, RawB93 said:

Is he not already training with us?

It's not that unlikely.

He'd gone back down south again but could be a cracking move if it was true.

Obvs hope Byrne isn't that bad but if he is out for a while we'll need someone in. My thoughts were we'd bring Robertson back from Cove myself

8 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Ah, I hadn't realised he'd moved back down south - fair enough.

Also concerned for Byrne, looked to be a bad one. Doubt the club will even tell us anything, we seem to be bad at publicising injury info.

Yeah don't know if it was just while he was up visiting family up here or what the deal was but McPake was in the paper saying he was wanting to try and find something down south closer to where he lives.

+

Yeah no idea if they feel it gives away too much by making stuff public but the 'mind games' about Charlie maybe coming back didn't exactly do us any favours

EXCLUSIVE…
Some stinky bloke in a Lochee United coat told me Charlie will be signing there when he finishes at Dens. 

It was hard to understand a lot of what he said tbf and he did honk. 

Thank you. 

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Any updates on Byrne yet?

No info according to stv news, watched it again, looks a bad one, hopefully he's ok.

eta. taken to Ninewells right after it.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Can I say that I was really impressed with Charlie Adam on Saturday night. He took a corner from right below me and placed the ball right inside the corner quadrant. No f*ck*ng about trying to get the ball sitting right above the last millimetre of white paint on the outside of it, bang inside the quadrant. Total credit to Charlie for that.

On 05/10/2021 at 23:29, Theyellowbox said:

Sorry, but is the general feeling amongst Dundee supporters that the owners have done a good job? Really??

In the 7 years, you have had a couple of relegations, made a loss in just about every season, won nothing and have absolute nothing physical to show for it, in that there is no new stadium and Dens hasn't been touched in all that time.

I appreciate that previous owners have been horrific, but have Dundee really settled that much? Not saying you should be winning loads of trophies, but doesn't feel you have progressed on or off the pitch. 

I agree with this guy. 

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I mean I don't think you've said a single positive thing on here before, so I believe you.

Realist/Pessimist, whatever you want to call it. Thanks, I believed Nelms when he said he was looking for a manager experienced in Scottish football with over 250 games in management prior to appointing McPake. 🤷🏻‍♂️ We've regressed since Hartley and McCann, if you look at how well things were looking at the start of their respective tenures. McIntyre was a disaster, and McPake hasn't improved things. Apart from 6 games in his first season beating a crap Killie team. Saturday was much better, but I still don't think he's the man who will keep us up.