All things Dundee FC

16 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

McGhee slots in where Byrne plays and Max takes over McGhee’s role. Nothing to see here. 

This is the answer for now 

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You reckon Gowser could fill that hole?

This isn't 

Playing wingers in wing roles was good.... 

Hopefully Mccowan keeps getting game time.

I've criticised McPake in the past and I'll sure as shit criticise him in the future. I absolutely love his passion though and the amount of players he has in his team throwing themselves into danger to stop the ball from heading goalward is exactly the way he was as a player.

I don't think he's the greatest manager in the world and I've no doubts I'll call for his head again at some point in the future but that doesn't diminish just how much I love I have for his love of the club.

I've criticised McPake in the past and I'll sure as shit criticise him in the future. I absolutely love his passion though and the amount of players he has in his team throwing themselves into danger to stop the ball from heading goalward is exactly the way he was as a player.
I don't think he's the greatest manager in the world and I've no doubts I'll call for his head again at some point in the future but that doesn't diminish just how much I love I have for his love of the club.

You might find posts by me to the contrary but I honestly don’t think he deserves to be punted. It was always going to be tough this season and chopping and changing hasn’t served us well in my 40 years of watching this mob. Whilst the players continue to play for him I’m for letting it run. Perth was a shit show, hopefully we’ve bottomed out.
Good to see Mullen back, although I’ve criticised him more than most, his work rate is immense. I think Sheridan offers something different, a genuine aerial threat and target man. Where does this leave Cummings?

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You might find posts by me to the contrary but I honestly don’t think he deserves to be punted. It was always going to be tough this season and chopping and changing hasn’t served us well in my 40 years of watching this mob. Whilst the players continue to play for him I’m for letting it run. Perth was a shit show, hopefully we’ve bottomed out.
Good to see Mullen back, although I’ve criticised him more than most, his work rate is immense. I think Sheridan offers something different, a genuine aerial threat and target man. Where does this leave Cummings?

No idea how I managed to notice it but I was watching Mullen & Cummings warm up when Mullen got the call to get ready. Cummings wasn't happy and Mullen had a wee gloating/humourous smile on his puss as he ran past him up the touchline.

18 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Starting when Griffiths is injured/suspended, which will be about half the season.

Charlie Adam makes his long awaited return, 3 points are secured, against in fairness an apparently rudderless opposition. This is not an entirely unexpected  coincidence, imho.

Regarding the strikers currently available, class finish from Leigh Griffiths as expected, superb to see Danny Mullen and his work-rate return earlier than expected and also Cillian Sheridan made a nuisance of himself up front when he came on this evening. 

However, knowing James McPake has virtually pinned his future management career at Dens on Leigh Griffiths' being a success this season I would be very pissed off if I were the natural goalscorer also known as Jason Cummings.

Reminds me of a certain Iain Ferguson whilst at Dens, whose talent did not lie in backtracking or making any notable contribution outwith the final third, however give him service in the business area of the park and this would result in an attempt on goal! 

More game time please for Jason Cummings, do your homework James McPake and utilise him to his strengths or he'll be gone.

Thank you.

I suppose we all know this, but it's quite a stark reality when you look at it regarding Charlie Adam and his impact. I didn't get into minutes played exactly, but a rough basic estimate of our season so far (including the 2 cup games) with and without Adam:

5 and a half games played with Adam starting, W 2   D 2   L 2*                GF 7   GA 11**

5 and a half games played w/o Adam starting,  W 0   D 1   L 4*                GF 1    GA 8

* note that Adam left the 'Well league game about halfway through when the game was still at 0-0, of course we would go on to lose 1-0. Basically if Charlie stays on the pitch I think we'll do enough to stay up, if he misses any more significant time we're up shite creek.

** Celtic game responsible for 6 of these

Edited by CanadianDee

11 hours ago, Fifespud said:

This is what I love, actually love. Every man and there dog was wanting Mcpake gone after last game. 6 points from 27 for me dosnt change that. We played an Aberdeen team which i feel is the worst I've seen in a very long time. 

Our defence is brutal . Having Adam back is good. Feel sorry for Cummings as dont think he has did anything wrong. I hope McGowan doant come back into the Dundee team as in my opinion he is not needed. 

Last night was a huge/ needed result and we certainly dug in deep.... sadly this was against a brutal Aberdeen team. 2 weeks time against County is huge already. We need defenders... he already brought in a few but we need an overhaul. 

Mullen just runs about. I've nothing more to say on him. 

Both McMullan and Mccowan I enjoy watching. Byrne i quite like also but hoping just a wee tweak in midfield with Anderson coming in and Mcghee taking his place and we be fine. Adam back is huge and well we need to work around him. 

Edited by Robin.Hood

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The ideal replacement for him was Finlay Robertson.

Hoping he gets more game time. Played 3 games and has started one. Ironically the game He started they won. Was on bench yesterday against bottom of the league East Fife where they lost 4-2. This season should be a good one for him. Cove fans will be able to say how he is getting on during the season as quote rightly majority of dundee fans believe he will piss all over that league.

Didn't realise Mcintosh played for them. Knew about Gourlay. 

I saw that McCowan scored last night against Aberdeen so I thought I’d pop in and ask how he’s doing so far this season? I wasn’t entirely sure how long it would take him to adapt to the top flight but he seems to be doing okay.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I saw that McCowan scored last night against Aberdeen so I thought I’d pop in and ask how he’s doing so far this season? I wasn’t entirely sure how long it would take him to adapt to the top flight but he seems to be doing okay.

I like him, quick, good turn on him and good cross. Everything you want in a winger.