All things Dundee FC

Looking past sensational headlines from The Sun since we had our disagreement with Kris Boyd here's what McPake actually said:

It’s not really a distraction. A story came out when there were no games and it was obviously a slow news week but I can say confidently, because I’ve been a captain before, that this has gone on at every club I’ve been at from Coventry to Hibs.

“Look, it will be sorted. This club are very fair. Ideally you want it sorted before the first game of the season but I don’t think I’ve been at a club where it has been sorted and everybody happy with it by then.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

I hope this isn't a direct quote from McPake, that grammar is comical.

It's a direct quote. I've yet to meet anyone that talks perfectly tbf. Maybe it's the people I hang around though. 

36 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's a direct quote. I've yet to meet anyone that talks perfectly tbf. Maybe it's the people I hang around though. 

Probably something I wouldn't catch if I'd heard him say it instead tbf. The written word has a habit of painting intelligence in broad strokes lol

Is this a row about win bonuses or avoiding relegation or something like that then?
If so then the players are maybe at a bit of risk of splitting opinion with the fans because of the start you have had. 
I think it's partly related to relegating your utterly tinpot outfit in hilarious fashion m8.

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:
36 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:
Is this a row about win bonuses or avoiding relegation or something like that then?
If so then the players are maybe at a bit of risk of splitting opinion with the fans because of the start you have had. 

I think it's partly related to relegating your utterly tinpot outfit in hilarious fashion m8.

Would any promotion bonus not have been agreed this time last season?

3 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Both back training along with Mullen too from what was in the courier anyway, unless you've heard hints of something different?

I went looking for the article and found this instead. Jakubiak is likely to be out until the new year after getting surgery on his shoulder https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/2658453/dundees-alex-jakubiak-facing-another-lengthy-spell-on-the-sidelines-after-undergoing-surgery/

Edited by locheedee

Both back training along with Mullen too from what was in the courier anyway, unless you've heard hints of something different?

I don’t read the courier and I’ve heard nowt else.
Can’t see me going to this, what a god awful time for a match. I like getting slowly smashed on a Saturday. Not even sure I can be arsed watching on tv.

6 hours ago, locheedee said:

I went looking for the article and found this instead. Jakubiak is likely to be out until the new year after getting surgery on his shoulder https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/2658453/dundees-alex-jakubiak-facing-another-lengthy-spell-on-the-sidelines-after-undergoing-surgery/

Guessing the DABs never got caught?

21 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It’s not really a distraction. A story came out when there were no games and it was obviously a slow news week but I can say confidently, because I’ve been a captain before, that this has gone on at every club I’ve been at from Coventry to Hibs.

what does him being captain have do with win bonuses ? 

“Look, it will be sorted. This club are very fair. Ideally you want it sorted before the first game of the season but I don’t think I’ve been at a club where it has been sorted and everybody happy with it by then.

Have we had any previous for this ? Mate said we have but havnt read anything about it before. 

Need a win/ or I guess a point tomorrow.  However 3 points from a possible 24 is dire. The timing of the game is shite also. 

Must admit, I'm quite excited for the kick off time but in saying that I don't drink at the football normally whereas this kick off is perfect for me to go on the lash straight after.

Great kick off time imo. 3pm kick off on a Saturday is best but this time is the next best thing. A lunchtime kick off is a big no no for me especially on a Sunday. That Sunday lunchtime kick off needs binned ASAP. 

Edited by Yenitit