All things Dundee FC

51 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The players all took big pay cuts during the lockdown. They are well within their rights to be a bit peeved that bonus payments haven't been agreed (if true). The squad of players are probably the closest bunch I've seen at Dens in about 15 years. 

I've absolutely no fears of civil unrest nor any regarding money at the club. 

I think in that case, the players are well within their rights to ask for better bonuses that would be otherwise. In a way, maybe if players are a bit pissed off that could help unity?

I would have though that not only is Dundee probably better than most in terms of cash flow, but you also have one or two sellable assets. Certainly I'd have though Anderson will have a bit of value. Cannot imagine that Cummings, McGowan, (share of Griffiths wages) and maybe Sherridan aside the basic wage bill would be that high? 

I see Charlie Adam being injured is apparently one of the things holding up talks - which is worrying. I thought it was his groin, it appears he's gone mute. 
He's probably negotiated the bonuses to be paid to the Old Firm.

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I could tell you countless stories of Celtic training sessions under Lennon.  If you appoint him you can look forward to Arbroath again next season.

It's a slow day at my work today so the floor is yours amigo.

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I could tell you countless stories of Celtic training sessions under Lennon.  If you appoint him you can look forward to Arbroath again next season.

I doubt it. Arbroath are going up.

Bottom of the league and winless in eight games, players booting live explosives into a crowd of innocent children, players getting injured in nightclub brawls, and now players in financial dispute with their own club.
It’s been two months. Never change, Dundee.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Tell Oh My GIF by Robert E Blackmon

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee don't have any debts…… 

Your last few sets of accounts would suggest you spend way more than you earn. 

You should try and learn from better run clubs like St Johnstone and St Mirren. Teams that actually win major honours whilst living within their means.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/club/accounts/

Year end May 20 loss of £800,000

Year end May 19 loss of £1,800,000

Year end May 18 loss of £425,000

Year end May 17 loss of £350,000

Time is ticking on another administration. That will be a hat trick won’t it?

04FBA926-0AFC-4392-B433-2341CA7DEC30.jpeg.353975b0a150c3598cbd5d622a760c02.jpeg

Did Lennon not chuck a chair at one of the players at Hibs, then chuck some homophobic abuse at Leanne Dempster, at the end of his time at Hibs?

A large chunk of players at Celtic had to hire personal trainers to maintain their fitness while Lennon was there too. 

8 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Your last few sets of accounts would suggest you spend way more than you earn. 

You should try and learn from better run clubs like St Johnstone and St Mirren. Teams that actually win major honours whilst living within their means.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/club/accounts/

Year end May 20 loss of £800,000

Year end May 19 loss of £1,800,000

Year end May 18 loss of £425,000

Year end May 17 loss of £350,000

Time is ticking on another administration. That will be a hat trick won’t it?

04FBA926-0AFC-4392-B433-2341CA7DEC30.jpeg.353975b0a150c3598cbd5d622a760c02.jpeg

Always find it really funny when fans of other clubs try and have a go at Dundee fans about this stuff. What do you want us to do about it? 

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Always find it really funny when fans of other clubs try and have a go at Dundee fans about this stuff. What do you want us to do about it? 

Well you could follow some of our simple ideas.

Set a budget and stick to it.

Create a Youth academy and promote from within.

Launch a fans group and buy your club.

Just now, Yflab said:

Well you could follow some of our simple ideas.

Set a budget and stick to it.

Create a Youth academy and promote from within.

Launch a fans group and buy your club.

I don’t set the budgets.

I don’t have a say on what happens with the youth setup.

I have a job of my own and amen’t really interested in buying a football club. I’m a fan ffs.

If you’re really that upset about it all maybe try and get in contact with John Nelms.

Did Lennon not chuck a chair at one of the players at Hibs, then chuck some homophobic abuse at Leanne Dempster, at the end of his time at Hibs?
A large chunk of players at Celtic had to hire personal trainers to maintain their fitness while Lennon was there too. 

The chair story is almost definitely true, though I’m sure the homophobic abuse one is more a rumour.

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I don’t set the budgets.

I don’t have a say on what happens with the youth setup.

I have a job of my own and amen’t really interested in buying a football club. I’m a fan ffs.

If you’re really that upset about it all maybe try and get in contact with John Nelms.

I’m not upset. It’s fcuking hilarious when Dundee fans suggest there are financially sound. You’d think you’d have learned from two previous administrations. 

It’s about time Financial Fair Play regulations were deployed within Scottish Football to stop such blatant financial cheating. 😂