All things Dundee FC

33 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This sourceless and quoteless story wouldn't have anything to do with some trouble we had with an employee of The Sun last week, would it?

It's meh. Least be some shite excuse players could use for not performing etc . Is the sun so put it in bin. Awful paper 

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This sourceless and quoteless story wouldn't have anything to do with some trouble we had with an employee of The Sun last week, would it?

Being reported by George Cran now, if that makes any difference? 

1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:

Sounds like a catastrophic financial collapse is afoot imo.

This is how those things usually start. Surely Dundee fans must be able to spot the warning signs by now?

Seems a really strange argument to be having. Surely the difference between what rhe players want and what is being offered cannot be massive? Especially as Dundee are out of one cup and based on current form, probably knocked out in first game of the other.

Feels from.the outside lookimg in, there is something not right behind the scenes at Dundee in terms of personalities and unity etc.

I suspect their saving grace from relegation will be coming from West Lothian and likely not to do with on the pitch.....

9 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

This is how those things usually start. Surely Dundee fans must be able to spot the warning signs by now?

Would you be able to supply any example of this happening elsewhere - just as proof that we should be worried. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Would you be able to supply any example of this happening elsewhere - just as proof that we should be worried. 

Gladly:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/troubled-hearts-face-spl-hearing-within-fortnight-over-bonus-delay-1595947%3famp

Can't mind what happened to Hearts after this though can you? 

Or I quite like this one about non payments:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3247663.stm

Love the line below, which was days before admin 1: 

We are extremely sorry that Dundee United are having such severe financial problems," he said, pointing out that United were a week late in a similar payment to them when the derby was last at Dens Park.

"Desperate people do desperate things, but we hope it does not affect relations between the two sets of directors."

Edited by Theyellowbox

If there’s any truth in it, and that’s a big if, it’s very ooor form from the club. These things have got to be agreed before a ball is kicked. Having said that, as Biggie so succinctly put it ‘win bonus’ - cheeky c***s.

15 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Can't mind what happened to Hearts after this though can you? 

Or I quite like this one about non payments:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3247663.stm

I do remember, yes. Hearts went into administration almost six months later with debts of £25m. Dundee don't have any debts so I fail to see the comparison being made. 

I've no idea why you linked a story about ticket money being late unless you're struggling to actually supply a half decent example? 

Edited by Mr. Alli

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

If there’s any truth in it, and that’s a big if, it’s very ooor form from the club. These things have got to be agreed before a ball is kicked. Having said that, as Biggie so succinctly put it ‘win bonus’ - cheeky c***s.

I mean, I'm being tongue in cheek about admin, but you would imagine all clubs agree these things pre season surely? The amounts being talked about must be pretty low are they not?

He's probably saved the cub bonus payments from the poorer league start than would have been expected. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

I do remember, yes. Hearts went into administration almost six Mo this later with debts of £25m. Dundee don't have any debts so I fail to see the comparison being made. 

I've no idea why you linked a story about ticket money being late unless you're struggling to actually supply a half decent example? 

It's more that usually when disagreements over not paying cash due start, it's a sign of a problem.

I'm only joking about admin tbh, but it's low hanging fruit with you guys. 

For what it is worth, I'd hope there is no lurking issues behind the scenes as its better for us have you guys and Utd in same league as us. I think if you guys had a competent manager, with the players you have and a few defensive upgrades, you'd be doing well. 

Just now, Theyellowbox said:

It's more that usually when disagreements over not paying cash due start, it's a sign of a problem.

The players all took big pay cuts during the lockdown. They are well within their rights to be a bit peeved that bonus payments haven't been agreed (if true). The squad of players are probably the closest bunch I've seen at Dens in about 15 years. 

I've absolutely no fears of civil unrest nor any regarding money at the club.