All things Dundee FC

18 minutes ago, Girth said:

None of the usual old dinosaur managerial candidates at Dens please. 

Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Only currently available manager I'd even be interested in is McInnes. The rest is just depressing.

I thought he was gone based on these two posts being the top of the thread.

What about John McGlynn? He sits in the 'old dinosaur' mould but has Raith playing above their station and nice football too.

I agree that only McInnes is remotely exciting and he's likely not even slightly interested.

17 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Only currently available manager I'd even be interested in is McInnes. The rest is just depressing.

Think he would do well with us, and that's about his limit. If he was top quality, would've won more cups and the league when Delia was in charge of the Celtic. Don't think he'll get a gig in England, so whats the alternative for him?

eta. it's all pie in the sky hypothetical shite.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I thought he was gone based on these two posts being the top of the thread.

Come on Ludo, we know the real facts about how it works...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

346094103_Dontmakemetapthesign.thumb.png.b71c9d63c0775dfbb58e65aca6468396.png

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

What about John McGlynn? He sits in the 'old dinosaur' mould but has Raith playing above their station and nice football too.

Doesn't fit my 'available' mould but he would be higher up the list than most others posited so far if he was.

My worry after the St Johnstone game is that bad results have finally become bad performances. Dundee have been playing well, sometimes very well, but eight league games without a win has a damaging effect on teams. Players look desperate to score and lack composure, the defenders look panicky and the manager starts tinkering too much and upsets the team. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to reverse.