All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Wieghortsnut said:

Cant wait for the sevco fans saying how shocking it is we have banned him from Dens.........did they not ban an entire television station?

If you mean the BBC, not quite. We banned Chris McLaughlin and the BBC in turn now boycott Ibrox.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58734157

Dundee striker Leigh Griffiths has been charged with excessive misconduct by the Scottish FA after apparently kicking a flare into a stand of fans.

The on-loan Celtic striker has also been charged with bringing the game into disrepute and not acting in the best interests of the game.

42 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You seem a bit obsessed.

That's not him 'done' in any shape or form. He'll pay his fine, serve a ban if he gets one and be back in our squad.

Imagine talking about breaking Scottish football news in a forum for discussing Scottish football.

He won't be fit again until next August at the earliest. He's out of contract. Who's signing him? 

49 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You seem a bit obsessed.

That's not him 'done' in any shape or form. He'll pay his fine, serve a ban if he gets one and be back in our squad.

A top lawyer Should  get this thrown out

Edited by Vicdfc

52 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Imagine talking about breaking Scottish football news in a forum for discussing Scottish football.

He won't be fit again until next August at the earliest. He's out of contract. Who's signing him? 

That's all you seem to talk about though.

Your second line is absolute rubbish, but even if that were to be the case, which it's abundantly clear it's not, then if no-one bigger is taking him on, we'd still be signing him. 100%.

2 hours ago, Orbix said:

That's him done then

Rubbish he will only be done if he's done or does anything else questionable away from the pitch that damages his reputation further.

As others have said above, if found guilty he will serve the ban then then be back in the squad.

18 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Its great in that it has some character

Have any indications on capacity been made, in my head i am assuming 15K would seem a good number.

If the stadium does go ahead, my only fear is that it becomes a soulless bowl with zero atmosphere, like many of these new stadiums can be.

Just now, johnnydun said:

If the stadium does go ahead, my only fear is that it becomes a soulless bowl with zero atmosphere, like many of these new stadiums can be.

Is the talk of the new stadium still on?

Hadn't heard it mentioned for ages, but thought the pre Covid hold up was something to do with a slip road onto the kingsway?

I hear your point on soulless bowls, but it's kind of up to the fans to make that not happen. If you go too big a capacity and barely fill it, then yeah,not great, but if you get it right, would be cracking.

The old stadiums have a character you cannot replicate, but I suppose Dens as you know it is unsustainable, especially the derry. If you had build a stand along there the same as behind the goals, it would have been brilliant.