All things Dundee FC

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really enjoyable Deefiant event last night. One thing that came over loud and clear is just how much Barry Smith loves the club. Even led a rendition of Johnny Scobbie at the end.

There's players like Rab Douglas who have a clear emotional attachment to the club but have love for others like Celtic  whereas Barry is Derry Oot His Nut even motioning to his chest to say he loves the Derry!

O'Donnell has fair put on the beef and Craig McKeown was an underrated CH for us. He's also got tap patter.

Craig Robertson was proper steaming as well.

Great night all round.

Rab may be fond of Celtic, but he grew up a 'Well fan and still supports them I believe. I saw him on some guy's youtube channel a wee while ago, and that was what I got out of it, but I take your point. Good that it was a fun evening though.

Edited by CanadianDee

6 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

Rab may be fond of Celtic, but he grew up a 'Well fan and still supports them I believe. I saw him on some guy's youtube channel a wee while ago, and that was what I got out of it, but I take your point. Good that it was a fun evening though.

I know he's a Motherwell fan. One look at his Twitter and he's mainly chatting about Celtic when it's football related though.

I'm a sucker when a footballer flutters their eyes at us and only us like Smith tbh. (Who was a childhood St Mirren fan)

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know he's a Motherwell fan. One look at his Twitter and he's mainly chatting about Celtic when it's football related though.

I'm a sucker when a footballer flutters their eyes at us and only us like Smith tbh. (Who was a childhood St Mirren fan)

I hear you, but it's hard to shake the in your gut attachment to ones boyhood club. I mean I could've played for some club for 15 years (in an alternate universe) and I'd still be a Dee with a fondness for a club I played for.

I got the feeling that outside of Motherwell that Rab would cheer for us over Celtic in a cup showdown or something. Regardless I do get your point about Barry he seems Dundee from top to bottom. Although he grew up supporting Mirren or Celtic I think.

Anyways it's good to know LG was in good spirits and I really think he would've blasted that penalty into the net yesterday. Looking at the replay the Rangers goalie really made his guess early and Cummings could've rolled that ball into the other corner. Ach well, what can you do?

Edited by CanadianDee

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Alex Jakubiak apparently attacked by a group of 6 on Saturday outside Underground. Has suffered another injury due to it that will keep him out again for a bit.

ffs. He's worse than @Shandon Par for injuries.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Alex Jakubiak apparently attacked by a group of 6 on Saturday outside Underground. Has suffered another injury due to it that will keep him out again for a bit.

Jesus, where are you hearing this? Horrible stuff, hope the c***s get found out and dealt with appropriately.

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just heard this. 

Awful stuff and hope he’s better soon. I also hope they catch the scum that did it. 

6 minutes ago, Girth said:

Just heard this. 

Awful stuff and hope he’s better soon. I also hope they catch the scum that did it. 

Yeah, joking aside, it's a shite state of affairs, no idea what the city centre is like now, probably full of morons. Hopefully Alex is ok.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Hmm the article says he wasn’t allowed in Dens on Saturday but he was in the stadium. 

Dark Blues officials told Sky Sports chiefs that their pundit would not be getting interview access to any of the club’s management team or staff after Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Rangers.

I read that as not banned from the stadium but the club will refuse to cooperate with him in any official capacity

Edit: You can still come into the shop but we won’t be selling you any Monster Munch 

Edited by Clown Job

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Dark Blues officials told Sky Sports chiefs that their pundit would not be getting interview access to any of the club’s management team or staff after Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Rangers.

I read that as not banned from the stadium but the club will refuse to cooperate with him in any official capacity

That’s what I thought but then it also says that he had to watch the game from the sky truck outside the ground which isn’t true as he walked infront of me pitch side around 15 minutes before kick off towards the TV bit.

I hope he is banned mind you.