All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I think his quote on Instagram was two separate sentences that weren't linked but could easily have been construed as him implying he was ready to play. 

Edit: Is this the quote you saw?

Screenshot_20210925-053807_Chrome.jpg

Ah yeah maybe I got too excited

Let’s look for all the positives we can. The other Dees, the Melbourne Daemons, have just won the AFL for the first time since the 60’s. Wierd game - it looked like they would run away with it, then it looked like they would get gubbed and finally they destroyed their opponents. I had no idea their nickname was ‘the dees’ and have been supporting Geelong for the last couple of years as it’s about the same size as Dundee. Seems sacrilegious to change teams, but it’s not real football, so I suppose I can. 

5 minutes ago, mychurch said:

Let’s look for all the positives we can. The other Dees, the Melbourne Daemons, have just won the AFL for the first time since the 60’s. Wierd game - it looked like they would run away with it, then it looked like they would get gubbed and finally they destroyed their opponents. I had no idea their nickname was ‘the dees’ and have been supporting Geelong for the last couple of years as it’s about the same size as Dundee. Seems sacrilegious to change teams, but it’s not real football, so I suppose I can. 

You can always change teams if it’s to support the Dees.

2 minutes ago, mychurch said:

I got briefly excited when I heard 'The Dees' getting mentioned in a sports report on the radio through the week until I quickly realised they were talking about that stupid sport. 

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I got briefly excited when I heard 'The Dees' getting mentioned in a sports report on the radio through the week until I quickly realised they were talking about that stupid sport. 

It’s a weird  sporting culture here. It’s all too nice and family orientated. Great stadiums, some great games, but it’s soulless and there is no idea that it’s more important than life and death. Great athletes  though and it would be great to hire there fitness trainers. 

26 minutes ago, mychurch said:

Mon eh Dees

IMG_20210925_131732.thumb.jpg.4388dc16ddbef3817c9aca9a6ecb6c8a.jpg

20 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Mcpake out had enough of the stupid p***k now.

It's hardly the manager's fault when the team creates a bunch of chances but fails to score any of them, it's not like he can get on the pitch and score them himself.

32 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Mcpake out had enough of the stupid p***k now.

I've lost my shit at McPake multiple times last season but that was another good display. 

Sweeney is a brilliant centre back it looks like. Marshall again quality.

I actually think McPake got everything right today and at the right times.

So frustrating not to get that goal we deserved but there's absolutely no chance I can sit here and criticise the players or management today.

We move onto Perth - fully believe we can go there and win, especially if Adams back.

The tide will turn and results have also went for us today.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I've lost my shit at McPake multiple times last season but that was another good display. 

Sweeney is a brilliant centre back it looks like. Marshall again quality.

I actually think McPake got everything right today and at the right times.

So frustrating not to get that goal we deserved but there's absolutely no chance I can sit here and criticise the players or management today.

We move onto Perth - fully believe we can go there and win, especially if Adams back.

The tide will turn and results have also went for us today.

Thank you.

Agree with you. I’m one of McPake’s biggest critics but today I can’t pick faults with him. If I was being hyper critical maybe he could’ve put McMullan to right wingback and through another striker on but then you lose the threat of McMullan higher up the park. 

Onto next week with hopefully Griffiths and Adam’s fit to play. 

Edited by Yenitit

McPake done exactly what I asked after the St Johnstone defeat. He changed the formation, tweaked things about, and but for a penalty and a few golden chances missed once again we'd have got at least a point (or more) from the team that is currently champions of the league.

I also can't remember Rangers creating much other than their goal and a couple of pot shots so the defence clearly done their job well too.

Zero complaints from me today.

16 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Agree with you. I’m one of McPake’s biggest critics but today I can’t pick faults with him. If I was being hyper critical maybe he could’ve put McMullan to right wingback and through another striker on but then you lose the threat of McMullan higher up the park. 

Onto next week with hopefully Griffiths and Adam’s fit to play. 

We looked more likely to score when Griffiths went off, IMO. 

I think Cummings should start next week. 

Really felt for Griffiths today. 3 kids were in the Bobby Cox.

Kris Boyd's article in The Sun is absolutely abhorrent, made all the worse by the fact that he's an ambassador for a mental health charity and obviously what's went on with his personal circumstances.

Horrific.