All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why would I be massively celebrate reaching a Semi Final? 

We barely go 2 years without making one, it's hardly some incredible achievement tbh. Big stuff comes after.

You’re becoming ver old firmy. Yesterday it was “what if it was Morelos” now it’s “we don’t care about semi finals”.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

You’re becoming ver old firmy. Yesterday it was “what if it was Morelos” now it’s “we don’t care about semi finals”.

I care about Semi Finals, but this is our 11th in 14 years. I'm not going to spend days celebrating simply reaching one anymore.

19 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Jesus, what an utterly boring, tedious c**t. 

Says the guy who literally just makes the exact same post every single day.

> didn't follow the cup game
> read about the flare incident hours later
> thought it was just him side footing the thing onto the touchline
> saw the video... :lol: f**k me... that's no accident!

What an absolute fucking mess this is, well done both sides.

Ultimately this should be the result:

Ban for Griffiths.
Ban for St Johnstone fans for throwing flares onto the pitch.

Fin Robertson - assessment of the young midfielder who has joined us on loan until January would be welcome.

I believe he's a centre mid. What are his best attributes, got any creativity, pace and goals in him or his he more defensively minded?

We are currently playing Fyvie and Vigurs in CM and have Scully that can play that position too. Sadly have Draper too but less said about him the better.

Wonder where Fin will fit in.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Fin Robertson - assessment of the young midfielder who has joined us on loan until January would be welcome.

I believe he's a centre mid. What are his best attributes, got any creativity, pace and goals in him or his he more defensively minded?

We are currently playing Fyvie and Vigurs in CM and have Scully that can play that position too. Sadly have Draper too but less said about him the better.

Finiesta adds a calmness and composure to centre midfield that you wouldn't expect from such a young player. His passing and ball control is top notch. He's not a particularly quick or aggressive player and I don't recall him being in among the goals a lot, he's the kind of player you have in your side when you want to dominate possession and control the centre of the pitch. A very Hartley type of player, but a good one.

Glad to hear he's away on loan, needs more game time to progress.

17 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We've got high hopes for him, has played a fair amount of first team games and never looked out of place, defensive midfielder. Made his debut at 16, he'll stroll that league no probs. Good signing.

6 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Finiesta adds a calmness and composure to centre midfield that you wouldn't expect from such a young player. His passing and ball control is top notch. He's not a particularly quick or aggressive player and I don't recall him being in among the goals a lot, he's the kind of player you have in your side when you want to dominate possession and control the centre of the pitch. A very Hartley type of player, but a good one.

Glad to hear he's away on loan, needs more game time to progress.

Finiesta - like that! 

Hartley loves signing very similar players. He sounds like a young Fraser Fyvie to be honest. I don't see us dropping Fyvie but personally would drop/rotate "quarterback" Vigurs to give Fin game time.

Sounds like a good signing to be honest even though a winger or number 10 is more what we really needed.

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

We've got high hopes for him, has played a fair amount of first team games and never looked out of place, defensive midfielder. Made his debut at 16, he'll stroll that league no probs. Good signing.

He'll be competing with Fyvie, Vigurs, Scully and Draper for a CM place. I hope he gets game time as sounds a real talent. Wouldn't want him to come to Cove and sit on the bench for 3 months.

I noticed he's played circa 30 games and not 19 until November. Take it a lot of them will have been as substitute appearances.

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He'll be competing with Fyvie, Vigurs, Scully and Draper for a CM place. I hope he gets game time as sounds a real talent. Wouldn't want him to come to Cove and sit on the bench for 3 months.

I noticed he's played circa 30 games and not 19 until November. Take it a lot of them will have been as substitute appearances.

Mainly starts games, can't remember too many times when he came off the bench.

14 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He’s better than league 1 IMO so very good signing. If we weren’t so strong in the middle of the park he would definitely be capable of playing for us in the premiership. He’s basically a 33 year old in an 18 year olds body. You wouldn’t exactly describe him as a flair (here come the St J fans) player but very intelligent for his age. Not frightened to put a tackle in and good vision on him. Good signing for all parties I thinkz

Edited by RossDee01

10 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Wouldn't want him to come to Cove and sit on the bench for 3 months.

Can't see that happening, must be guaranteed game time or we wouldn't be loaning him.

47 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

My head is gone at the fact he's not went on loan to a Championship team tbh, level was easy street for him. Fully expect him to excel at your level, will personally be upset if he's not your #1 midfielder come January.

Finlay has absolutely no bother taking the ball off centre halfs in tight spaces and moving it on, can play left or right foot and is a wee ankle biter when he needs to be.  Not a scorer of goals, though.  

I think he'll have a bright future at Dens, no bother.

Thank you.