All things Dundee FC

17 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Which begs the question, what are we doing loaning him? 

It was maybe set up to help all parties, Celtic didn't want him, Griffiths maybe wanted out from the stress of Glasgow for a while, gets to be close to his kids, play football again regularly, McPake gets a 'goal scorer'. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

😂😂😂 

You should’ve just stopped before you had a thought 😂😂😂

You're right. The statement cleared it up, he only intended to put it safely out of harm's way. 

As I've said, interested to see what action's taken if any. Nobody comes out of this looking good and I do hope they young lads don't bring the pyros to Hampden. 

4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

You're right. The statement cleared it up, he only intended to put it safely out of harm's way. 

As I've said, interested to see what action's taken if any. Nobody comes out of this looking good and I do hope they young lads don't bring the pyros to Hampden. 

I’m glad he booted it in the away end. If only he could’ve kicked the other 2 flares as far back as well that would’ve been braw. 

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It was maybe set up to help all parties, Celtic didn't want him, Griffiths maybe wanted out from the stress of Glasgow for a while, gets to be close to his kids, play football again regularly, McPake gets a 'goal scorer'. 

In his post match last night he said 'Leigh's a proven goal scorer' as part of his 'it will all come good' routine, suggesting he's no thoughts of dropping him. 

He also talked about the Championship. A lot. Stuff like 'you can get away with that in the championship', 'it's a different level from the championship'. It was every other sentence. Sounded like his head's still a division below where the team's playing, was a bit odd. 

3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

In his post match last night he said 'Leigh's a proven goal scorer' as part of his 'it will all come good' routine, suggesting he's no thoughts of dropping him. 

He also talked about the Championship. A lot. Stuff like 'you can get away with that in the championship', 'it's a different level from the championship'. It was every other sentence. Sounded like his head's still a division below where the team's playing, was a bit odd. 

Nothing wrong with preparing for next season

47 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I know and I think this is what's making it worse for him.

His head seems to be elsewhere altogether, getting the abuse constantly in the last 2 games with the worst game yet to come, this latest incident, along with the clear downward spiral of fitness and performance, throw in the previous mental health issues.

I think his mental health is in real danger.

Surely he won’t be involved on Saturday? I think the club have a responsibility to protect LG and I honestly don’t think Saturday would be a safe environment for him. Rangers fans can’t be trusted to ask semi responsibly or with a single ounce of dignity.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

His head seems to be elsewhere altogether, getting the abuse constantly in the last 2 games with the worst game yet to come, this latest incident, along with the clear downward spiral of fitness and performance, throw in the previous mental health issues.

Totally agree with this. I don't like Leigh Griffiths and obviously what he does off the pitch is his concern and his actions to own, but I think it is clear he is needing some help. Kicking the flare is not something that would on its own suggest a problem, but on top of other things, it's maybe an indicator. 

If the people closest to him or who have a vested interest in his wellbeing wanted to get him better, they need to step up.

Clearly different circumstances and people, but kind of has shades of Gascoigne. Folk loved the stupid stuff and the character until it became really obvious there was serious problems. I think the same might be true here.

I wonder whether McPake is the right kind of manager for him. Maybe he needs more of a mentor/father figure than a mate. 

On the pitch, while I don't think he played well, there is flashes there of the player he can be. His movement is still good, so if Dundee can get him sorted off the pitch, there is huge potential rewards in it.

With my Saints hat on, loved to see him spiral.

Away from football, a shame to see his decline and struggles. 

21 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Surely he won’t be involved on Saturday? I think the club have a responsibility to protect LG and I honestly don’t think Saturday would be a safe environment for him. Rangers fans can’t be trusted to ask semi responsibly or with a single ounce of dignity.

What are you expecting to be chanted at him vs Rangers that hasn't already been in his previous matches?

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

He's fucked.

You could see he was gone in the warm up and nothing during the match changed. Just someone who doesn't want to be a on a football pitch or in that environment at all.

Absolutely no idea why Dundee bothered loaning him when anyone with a brain could predict what was coming his way and how he'd react.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Something sectarian 

So you mean to tell me your comment was not to do with his off-field issues? And that if he hadn't gotten himself in bother a few weeks ago you'd still be advocating that he was "protected" and not included vs Rangers? Aye, ok.