All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

In all seriousness, I do worry about Griffiths's mental health.

Nah. He's got folk wrongly screaming paedo at him, he's entitled to give a bit back. 

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

There was a group of around 50 Dundee fans who tried to get into Tannadice on Sunday with flares

They were the same flares they were wearing when they last won a major trophy 😂😂😂

I'll flare you, yi dick. 

48 minutes ago, Sainteepip said:

The same Dundee fans who lost their minds over a song about pants are defending one of their players booting a bomb aimlessly into hundreds of men, women and children. No self awareness whatsoever.

Again, give a little - don't cry wolf when it's given back. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Nah. He's got folk wrongly screaming paedo at him, he's entitled to give a bit back. 

I know and I think this is what's making it worse for him.

His head seems to be elsewhere altogether, getting the abuse constantly in the last 2 games with the worst game yet to come, this latest incident, along with the clear downward spiral of fitness and performance, throw in the previous mental health issues.

I think his mental health is in real danger.

I’d argue that the club needs to protect him in the same vein that they protected Gowser, but it does work both ways. Gowser, albeit a bit of a dick, has pulled it in off the pitch seemingly. Can you trust Griffiths to do the same?

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I know and I think this is what's making it worse for him.

His head seems to be elsewhere altogether, getting the abuse constantly in the last 2 games with the worst game yet to come, this latest incident, along with the clear downward spiral of fitness and performance, throw in the previous mental health issues.

I think his mental health is in real danger.

Which begs the question, what are we doing loaning him? 

22 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Take it you missed the other video of the 7 year old lassie catching the flare in her teeth, putting it out on her tongue then giving Leigh the finger shouting peado, no? 

😂😂😂

I’m up next month to see mates and for The Dabbadeen game if you’re about for a pint or two?

Edited by Girth

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If a Dundee fan in the Derry had been hit by a flare thrown by the Saints crowd do you think it would be reported to the police? 

Folks double standards when it comes to footballers is wild.

No. Celtic fans fired them into The Derry a few years back, you just man up and get on with it. 

Just now, Sainteepip said:

The mere mention of pants.

It’s a bit of a disgrace that an innocent fan may well have been injured by a smoke bomb smashed into a section housing children.

Smoke bombs smashed into children is ok to joke about but a song about pants is disgraceful apparently. Football fans will perform incredible gymnastics to defend the actions of their own. Even if their own are convicted racists 

It's a bit of a disgrace that children are chanting paedo for an hour, then taking a 'bomb' (as described by others) into a football stand and launching it onto the pitch right by where a group of photographers were. What the f**k is the parenting like in Perth?!

Glad that's the matter closed now though.

3 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

To be fair I've no idea about the fan, but if it's shown that there was intent and he/she just has really bad aim then they deserve the appropriate punishment. 

I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that LG didn't intend to cause injury, or that the action was likely to result in injury.

😂😂😂 

You should’ve just stopped before you had a thought 😂😂😂

50 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Fair play to Dundee for issuing a public statement admitting a Griffiths did indeed undertake a task that wasnt in his job role, for which he wasn't trained and in a manner which recklessly endangered supporters in the ground.

Aye, he may have went undetected otherwise, eh? :blink: