All things Dundee FC

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, I've never disagreed with this. My disagreement was with your bizarre defence that it's fine for Griffith to kick a flare into a crowd because someone else brought it to the ground.

What?

I've said Saints fans should be punished for bringing it to the ground. I'm also saying Griffiths should be punished for kicking it into the crowd.

Care to tell me where you disagree?

Griffiths took it upon himself to kick flares off the pitch towards a crowd. It's neither his job to do that, nor is kicking them the way to deal with it.

A completely moronic act no matter how you look at it. Just weird to defend it.

I'm just not buying your Helen Lovejoy pish as opposed to defending Griffiths.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I'm just not buying your Helen Lovejoy pish as opposed to defending Griffiths.

My point about him kicking the flare into a crowd of kids was in response to someone talking about whether the police will look into it. I'd imagine they'll at least discuss it because of the situation.

A ban might be good for him, he shouldn't even be at the ground against Rangers.

Bringing the flare into the ground and throwing it on the pitch - Stupid.

Kicking said flare into a stand where it may hit an innocent spectator or explode and injure multiple - equally stupid.

Police might have identified the person who threw it and chucked them out, or they might sort all that out later. However, the SFA I’d imagine will rap Griffiths knuckles for this. I do not think he should be staying in Scotland and would be best going down south as soon as possible for his own sake.

1 minute ago, Meeniedee said:

can you imagine the fucking carnage if some daft c**t brought one of those into the main stand and made an arse of throwing it onto the pitch.

I can especially if it’s derby day(the proper one) and aw c***nt has just come out of frews minced

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've said Saints fans should be punished for bringing it to the ground. I'm also saying Griffiths should be punished for kicking it into the crowd.

Care to tell me where you disagree?

You gave the impression that it was ok because your fan threw it toward an empty area. Pretty obvious I would have thought.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My point about him kicking the flare into a crowd of kids was in response to someone talking about whether the police will look into it. I'd imagine they'll at least discuss it because of the situation.

A ban might be good for him, he shouldn't even be at the ground against Rangers.

Then you developed your point (much like your point that because a guy is 6ft and has a big head means he's hard) absolutely abysmally.

I've no doubt you've had a good night. Have you been drinking by any chance?

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You gave the impression that it was ok because your fan threw it toward an empty area. Pretty obvious I would have thought.

Well not really, as that wasn't my point at all. Both the Saints fan who brought it into the ground, and Griffiths endangered Saints fans, with Griffiths the one purposely putting a live flare into the crowd, but I guess the club you supports means you'll defend Griffiths' actions as much as you possibly can, so this is all a bit pointless.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aside from his free kick attempt which Clark saved really well, the booting of the flare was the best thing Griffiths did all game tbh.

i feel sorry for the laddie(football wise) we just shell high balls up to him and let him get on with it with no support...he'll score us goal IF we use him correctly...there was an incident in the 2nd half when we had a throw in about the halfway line and he was the only player who looked for the ball on the half way fucking line..i'd be telling him to stay up the park and get 2 wide boys to start fucking throwing decent balls into the box for him to thrive on.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well not really, as that wasn't my point at all. Both the Saints fan who brought it into the ground, and Griffiths endangered Saints fans, with Griffiths the one purposely putting a live flare into the crowd, but I guess the club you supports means you'll defend Griffiths' actions as much as you possibly can, so this is all a bit pointless.

You mean like in my post above where I say he is a tit? That kind of "defending him as much as I can"?

You have out spooned yourself tonight, which - given some of your recent drivel - is remarkable.

13 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You mean like in my post above where I say he is a tit? That kind of "defending him as much as I can"?

You have out spooned yourself tonight, which - given some of your recent drivel - is remarkable.

I'm just having a real hard time understanding how anyone can defend this? Folk claiming he was just trying to kick if off the park FFS 😂

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm just having a real hard time understanding how anyone can defend this? Folk claiming he was just trying to kick if off the park FFS 😂

the boy with the friar tuck hairdo sure looks like a bairn..which you claimed that section was just u18 

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't want McPake sacked because he deserves at least the first round of fixtures after getting us up but here's a rant:

It's absolutely dreadful management to have scored none in 3 games, been beaten by a terrible United team and drawn against Livi side that had 1 point in 4 up until us to think, 'Aye, that's working, just need to give it another wee while. Let's not change anything.'

Absolutely insipid management.

It's horrific management to drop a striker that had been scoring to put a clearly unfit striker in that's not played 90 minutes in 18 month.

It's horrific management to give Fontaine a new deal and think he's a capable first choice for the top flight at 35 (no idea if he was culpable for any goals tonight - think it was Kerr but I mean in general).

Finally, utterly piss poor management to think Cammy Kerr or Christie Elliott is anywhere near good enough at RB for us when they were both miles off it at Championship level.

Furthermore, McPake has tried to say he doesn't play his mates for the sake of it, then why the f**k is an ageing CM being shoehorned in at LW? McGowan makes it work as best he can but he should either be at CM or on the bench.

The 3 man midfield is absolutely brutal at this higher level without Adam but does McPake have a plan B?

Fed up of hard luck stories. 7 games in total without a win, 4 without a goal, Rangers on Saturday and we have a Leigh Griffiths and Jason Cummings strike force that McPake hasn't a clue how to get working.

Dreadful

To be fair, you were our first point actually I'm sure :D We had lost everything up until then, but then again we're kicking into gear now. 

7 hours ago, Netan Sansara said:

McPake has 0 Idea how to change a game during it. It’s embarrassingly obvious

Guy on radio 

"Substitutions and tactical changes win games. Davidson is proactive, MaPake reactive". 

McPake has to take the blame, he come into this season saying this squad was better than the 2014 lot despite it being glaringly obvious that the defence is nowhere near good enough for the Championship. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shaun Rooney was goading opposition fans before he joined us, sure there's a fairly iconic photo of him

"Iconic" picture of a boy celebrating in front of Ross County fans. 

:lol:

McPake seems to consistently manage to piss off strikers. Danny Johnson was a bit of a dick, but he scored goals, despite being frequently benched because McPake was utterly clueless as to how to set us up. Kane Hemmings was played in a totally unsuitable role, and now Cummings is being frequently benched despite scoring more than anyone else. Mental. 
It's his obsession with playing one up front.

i feel sorry for the laddie(football wise) we just shell high balls up to him and let him get on with it with no support...he'll score us goal IF we use him correctly...there was an incident in the 2nd half when we had a throw in about the halfway line and he was the only player who looked for the ball on the half way fucking line..i'd be telling him to stay up the park and get 2 wide boys to start fucking throwing decent balls into the box for him to thrive on.

The boo boys seem to be blaming Griffiths when clearly it isn't him that is the issue.

His ball into McGhee was sublime and should have been buried - it's not Griffiths fault that the service to him was non-existent. Swapping Cummings in doesn’t solve the fundamental issue that without Adam our midfield are just not creative.

The person who needs removed from the team isn't Griffiths but McGowan - his constant slowing down and pirouetting is absolutely draining.

Ultimately though it isn't one player but the manager who just doesn't have a fucking clue.