All things Dundee FC

51 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

McGowan is not a winger and shouldn't have started today unless he played in the centre. He is a waste ( I think he I bench at best) out wide.

Rangers at home. United did it so why can't we....... however we do need to start scoring/ picking up points sooner before it is too late.

That’s the problem for me. McGowan’s best used as a sub these days. We should’ve been far more positive than we were today. McCowan or Jakubiak should’ve started. 

Some club for getting zero breaks tho 🤦🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Thankfully I missed this pish as I was on a ferry back from Arran. I'm guessing this was yet another shining example of McPake tactically shiting a big game then being totally clueless as to how to change it.

Yeah bizarrely we sat off Yenited 2nd half when on top in the 1st. He then took off Anderson when the big decision should’ve been to hook Gowser. Tbf 2 goal line clearances and a great last ditch challenge have a major saying on the outcome of the game. Far too negative for me. 

35 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Thankfully I missed this pish as I was on a ferry back from Arran. I'm guessing this was yet another shining example of McPake tactically shiting a big game then being totally clueless as to how to change it.

Yeah pretty much this. 

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Today is 100% on McPake. Yes, on another day United don't make those blocks. The decision to sit off them in the second half is up there with McPake's worst IMO.

I made it 25 (twenty five) minutes before we had a shot on goal in the second half. The three glaring chances we missed isn't on McPake but bringing on Jakubiak, taking off McGowan and not getting them to play the ball on the ground was on him. I don't know what's worse, the fact that McPake may have told them to keep on kicking it long to Griffiths all game when he was never winning against mulgrew and couldn't see it wasn't working, or it was the players idea to keep trying it without thinking for themselves to change it.

We've never been a pro active team, we're barely a reactive team. 

I take back all the bad things I've said about Byrne, he was great today. 

Wednesday. Get the ball on the ground and keep it there. 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I thought Griffiths was poor today. Didn't look interested.

He needs to get fit but I'd play Cummings up front on Wednesday. Mullen isn't the tallest but at least he runs alot near the box and wins headers against players taller than him. McCowan and McMullan wingers (hopefully he gets the ball more in that game), with McGowan Byrne and McGhee in midfield.

5 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

the fact that McPake may have told them to keep on kicking it long to Griffiths all game when he was never winning against mulgrew and couldn't see it wasn't working, 

Our best chance of the game came from Griffiths beating Mulgrew in the air and heading it into the path of Sheridan. 

The dead balls into the box today infuriated me. It didn't work the first time, so why try the same thing another 8 times.
Punt to the back post was just stupid - it needs a good header back and then a decent shit/header for that succeeds.

Why not just put it right in the middle? A slight touch from the striker or even the defender can cause all sorts of trouble.

I made it 25 (twenty five) minutes before we had a shot on goal in the second half. The three glaring chances we missed isn't on McPake but bringing on Jakubiak, taking off McGowan and not getting them to play the ball on the ground was on him. I don't know what's worse, the fact that McPake may have told them to keep on kicking it long to Griffiths all game when he was never winning against mulgrew and couldn't see it wasn't working, or it was the players idea to keep trying it without thinking for themselves to change it.

We've never been a pro active team, we're barely a reactive team. 

I take back all the bad things I've said about Byrne, he was great today. 

Wednesday. Get the ball on the ground and keep it there. 
We must be watching different games - I thought Byrne was dreadful.

He allowed Fuchs the freedom of the park.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

That’s the problem for me. McGowan’s best used as a sub these days. We should’ve been far more positive than we were today. McCowan or Jakubiak should’ve started. 

Some club for getting zero breaks tho 🤦🏻‍♂️

McGowan was our up for everything today,as always and especially on derby day we missed him when he came off 

Tbh it's embarrassing how glaring it is that we are really missing Charlie, United ripped through our midfield at will all game. Cummings needs to start over Griffiths on Wednesday, and just hope there was at least some truth to the Charlie Adam 'fast healer' stuff.

34 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Tbh it's embarrassing how glaring it is that we are really missing Charlie, United ripped through our midfield at will all game. Cummings needs to start over Griffiths on Wednesday, and just hope there was at least some truth to the Charlie Adam 'fast healer' stuff.

But they didn’t 

I like Cummings, don’t think Griffiths looks that fit, but I also don’t think it would make that much difference. I feel we need a presence up front if the keeper is going to constantly hoof it up the park.

Anyone who is singling out Byrne for criticism is clueless.

All the middle three played to their full capabilities; won loads of tackles and ran all day. Unfortunately Byrne and McGhee aren't technical players who can open up opponents or play in triangles. Probably why we attempted to bypass them and kept hoofing it. 

Add to that Anderson shouldn't be starting games like this yet and that's the reason we were beaten. Anderson has shown loads of promise since breaking through but he should be nowhere near being our 4th choice central midfield player.

Levitt who came on was very good on the ball, Fuchs and Harkes are both technically better than we have. That won them the game.

We should match up against St Johnstone with a back five (dropping McGhee back) and allow Cummings to play alongside Griffiths or Sheridan with McMullen in a free role behind them. 

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Anyone who is singling out Byrne for criticism is clueless.
All the middle three played to their full capabilities; won loads of tackles and ran all day. Unfortunately Byrne and McGhee aren't technical players who can open up opponents or play in triangles. Probably why we attempted to bypass them and kept hoofing it. 
Add to that Anderson shouldn't be starting games like this yet and that's the reason we were beaten. Anderson has shown loads of promise since breaking through but he should be nowhere near being our 4th choice central midfield player.
Levitt who came on was very good on the ball, Fuchs and Harkes are both technically better than we have. That won them the game.
We should match up against St Johnstone with a back five (dropping McGhee back) and allow Cummings to play alongside Griffiths or Sheridan with McMullen in a free role behind them. 
Thank you.

I agree with you on a lot of this FC-92.

8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I agree with you on a lot of this FC-92.

I disagree , midfield did their job well held the ball got it out wide and athe LB,RBLwRW cross was w**k, Griffith had no service anything that was in box was way over or way behind 

the set piece was telegraphed as feck chip to the outside Fontaine/Ashcroft or for some reason McMullan to not across goal for nothinghh no to happen at least 5 times