All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

That’s Stewart signed with some team in India, such a fucking waste

Personally, I don’t think his performances since leaving Dens have been anything to write home about.  Looks like he realises he’s not going to recapture his form and is just chasing the money.  Not a criticism of the lad, just my interpretation of the circumstances.

FBAD38E7-E0E2-4E4E-8334-1231EBF67379.jpeg

13 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Out of interest Ross and with all due respect, I revisited the match thread for the Alloa 3-3 game last November and you like many others, myself included may I add, were ripping James McPake up for shite-paper, rightly so at the time imho.

Regards

PS, also agree 3-0 The Dees next Sunday.

In the interest of accuracy it wasn’t just the Alloa v Dundee thread that @RossDee01 wanted McPake gone.  I assume he was just being sarcastic?  

20 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

In the interest of accuracy it wasn’t just the Alloa v Dundee thread that @RossDee01 wanted McPake gone.  I assume he was just being sarcastic?  

Yes from around February 20 until January 21 I was probably in most threads wanting him gone. However it looked like he was finally beginning to learn from his mistakes and I could see in the second half of last season that we were moving in the right direction hence why I spent the majority of the second half of last season on here defending him. I also put up a post after the playoff win saying that I was wrong to be calling for him to be sacked for those 10/11 months.

I think most are beginning to start to warm to him. I hope so anyway as think he’s now doing a good job. 

I probably shouldn’t have used the word “always” last night as that wasn’t accurate.

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Good Afternoon Dundee fans, 

Through work I'm moving to Dundee, what's the best takeaways within walking distance of Baxter Park? Also pubs which show sky sports. 

f**k Peter Grant, thank you. 

Not many decent takeaways in Stobbie. PizzaNY does cracking pizzas but the Indians thereabouts are shite. Lucky house is a decent Chinese. 

Pubs, pretty shite too. Ferraris is a tip but it's a good laugh. Stobbie Bar is alright. The likes of Balmore, Windsor, Albert should all be avoided. Smugglers is decent. Plenty cougars in there. 

Enjoy Baxter Park. 

Shahi do some cracking Indian meal deals but it's pretty average fare.

There's a new place called Buono Chilli which does Indian and Italian food. Not been disappointed yet. Really good wee place.

Not a fan of Lucky House' curry sauce - I find it very sickly sweet.

Pubs are fairly shite as Alli says. Plenty of 'auld man' pubs if that's your thing, but there's much better than the selection of shite Stobbie has to offer.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Going to be frequenting Baxter Park? Dirty b*****d.

Baxter Park is that sort of place? 

Happy The Rock GIF

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Not many decent takeaways in Stobbie. PizzaNY does cracking pizzas but the Indians thereabouts are shite. Lucky house is a decent Chinese. 

Pubs, pretty shite too. Ferraris is a tip but it's a good laugh. Stobbie Bar is alright. The likes of Balmore, Windsor, Albert should all be avoided. Smugglers is decent. Plenty cougars in there. 

Enjoy Baxter Park. 

Gutted about the Indians, a decent Indian is worth travelling for though, any tips? 

41 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Shahi do some cracking Indian meal deals but it's pretty average fare.

There's a new place called Buono Chilli which does Indian and Italian food. Not been disappointed yet. Really good wee place.

Not a fan of Lucky House' curry sauce - I find it very sickly sweet.

Pubs are fairly shite as Alli says. Plenty of 'auld man' pubs if that's your thing, but there's much better than the selection of shite Stobbie has to offer.

Many thanks Ludio.

I am partial to an auld man pub, was thinking more for just a local pub to catch football if its on, better pubs in the centre I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Good Afternoon Dundee fans, 

Through work I'm moving to Dundee, what's the best takeaways within walking distance of Baxter Park? Also pubs which show sky sports. 

f**k Peter Grant, thank you. 

Lucky house is a very good Chinese, the salt n pepper wings are the bollocks  Hollywood in mains loan used to be okay as well , Sunnys and tayview for decent indian , unfortunately no decent pubs in the area though 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Baxter Park is that sort of place? 

Happy The Rock GIF

Gutted about the Indians, a decent Indian is worth travelling for though, any tips? 

Many thanks Ludio.

I am partial to an auld man pub, was thinking more for just a local pub to catch football if its on, better pubs in the centre I'm sure. 

Pity the Cutty Sark is closed, great pub that would have left you in stitches.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Enjoy Baxter Park. 

What pub in the Stobbie would you recommend for watching the derby? Don't want surrounded by DAB's. Stobbie born and bred, but not lived there for about 30 years.

Thanks in advance.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Not many in Stobbie with Sky @Bigmouth Strikes Again, best bet is either the Stobbie Bar (which will more than likely be overly lively) or Ross's.

Cheers, used to frequent the Stobbie bar, when big Joyce was in charge, don't know about 'overly lively' though.😒

37 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

unless you want to be offered coke every 10 minutes

Is there hookers as well?

Thank you.

eta Asking for a friend.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Cinammon is on the Hilltown. Can sit in or get a delivery. Closest braw Indian to Stobbie. 

Last time I was in there we hired out the full place and had to wait fucking donkeys for our food. Some main courses came out after about 90 minutes by which time others had finished theres. The food was fantastic though. I'm choking for a curry now.