All things Dundee FC

Was clear to see within 5 minutes how much we miss McMullan. Our only quick player. Jakubiak did absolutely nothing, same with mcdaid and Cummings when he was on. McGowan has to start next Sunday, and hopefully McMullan is back. Can't see us getting a result without him. Poor today with Ashcroft rightfully getting MOTM. No urgency at all. 

Just now, LM_0803 said:

Was clear to see within 5 minutes how much we miss McMullan. Our only quick player. Jakubiak did absolutely nothing, same with mcdaid and Cummings when he was on. McGowan has to start next Sunday, and hopefully McMullan is back. Can't see us getting a result without him. Poor today with Ashcroft rightfully getting MOTM. No urgency at all. 

Oh and McGhee had a rare off day today, although Cammy was good. Anderson played well too. 

Can't agree with Jakubiak doing nothing. Thought he was one of our few bright spots.

Didn't think Ashcroft had much to do over the piece but what he did do, he did well. Was surprised he got MotM. Would have given it to Cammy or Byrne personally.

That's a couple of coulda, woulda, shoulda games now. At the end of the day, those are the games we need to win if we have any ambition of staying up at all. Poor result today even if plenty of effort.

51 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Think I was at a different game today. Ach well all about opinions. 

Had to watch the game online and was met by an ' alot of fucking shite' yell when the Livi players took the knee, which i agree with, so that was a positive start (it's alot of gesture politics bollocks).

The facts are we had to be leading in the first half; Anderson simply has to score, McGhee ballooning it over the bar when there were options each side and Sweeneys decent effort.

The only threat the Livi had in the first half was the shot from outside the box bob on half time. Utter long ball merchants and wouldn't stand out in league one. 

Thought we'd push on in the second half but the game died a death - spearheaded by Griffiths hitting a free kick from about 50 yards and trickling along the floor at the speed of Granny Danger getting up the hulltoon. 

Saying that though, we still had the best chance of the second half with Griffiths then McCowan getting a weak header in which could've been alot better. 

Unfortunately McDaid was fucking pathetic today and contributed nothing. Griffiths should've remained on corners until the end whether we were searching for a goal or not. Irrititating as f**k.

My MOTM would be between Sweeney, Kerr and Jakubiak. I actually thought Jakubiak showed alot of composure in not trying to lump it up when winning it further back on the pitch and started a few good attacks. 

McCowan needs a rest next week i'd like us to go: Legzdins, Kerr, Sweeney, Ashroft, Marshall, Byrne, McGhee. McGowan, Jakubiak, McMullen(hopefully), Griffiths. 

We've been in much worse positions than this in recent years, we've not found the winning touch yet but are competing well in almost every game in the top league and we have every chance of picking up at least a point at the dump next week. 

Bring on these fucking animals next week, but for now i'll enjoy the rest of the weekend before the nerves of derby week begin to send me into a frothing mess.

Thank you.

ETA - fucking hell i've just rattled off a boredomguy like spiel and i'm not reading it back to check if it makes sense so take it as it is. 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

15 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Too many key players missing, need to be patient with Griffiths as well, as he gets to match sharpness.

Agreed. It looked to me like Griffiths timing was out today, which isn’t the worst as with game time this will come good again. Even during the game you could see this improve. The header 1st half, the chance before that on the angle of the box where he would normally cut inside and get a shot away, the volley 2nd half plus the 1 blocked 2nd half that the keeper gets backed to just before it crosses the line. This will all improve as the games go on. It’s not like his fitness level wasn’t good enough or he’s lost a yard of pace, it was purely match sharpness for me. 

5 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Had to watch the game online and was met by an ' alot of fucking shite' yell when the Livi players took the knee, which i agree with, so that was good. 

The facts are we had to be leading in the first half; Anderson simply has to score, McGhee ballooning it over the bar when there were options each side and Sweeneys decent effort.

The only threat the Livi had in the first half was the shot from outside the box bob on half time. Utter long ball merchants and wouldn't stand out in league one. 

Thought we'd push on in the second half but the game died a death - spearheaded by Griffiths hitting a free kick from about 50 yards and trickling along the floor at the speed of Granny Danger getting up the hulltoon. 

Saying that though, we still had the best chance of the second half with Griffiths then McCowan getting a weak header in which could've been alot better. 

Unfortunately McDaid was fucking pathetic today and contributed nothing. Griffiths should've remained on corners until the end whether we were searching for a goal or not. Irrititating as f**k.

My MOTM would be between Sweeney, Kerr and Jakubiak. I actually thought Jakubiak showed alot of composure in not trying to lump it up when winning it further back on the pitch and started a few good attacks. 

McCowan needs a rest next week i'd like us to go: Legzdins, Kerr, Sweeney, Ashroft, Marshall, Byrne, McGhee. McGowan, Jakubiak, McMullen(hopefully), Griffiths. 

We've been in much worse positions than this in recent years, we've not found the winning touch yet but are competing well in almost every game in the top league and we have every chance of picking up at least a point at the dump next week. 

Bring on these fucking animals next week, but for now i'll enjoy the rest of the weekend before the nerves of derby week begin to send me into a frothing mess.

Thank you.

ETA - fucking hell i've just rattled off a boredomguy like spiel and i'm not reading it back to check if it makes sense so take it as it is. 

It’s looks fine to me, dinnae read it back!

Pretty sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know how to buy for multiple season ticket holders online? When I log in to my account, can only purchase 1 ticket linked to my account, but surely there's a way for me to use another persons ticket to get seats together, or is that wishful thinking for Dundee?

43 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sorry to call you out @Fifespud, but were you not advocating Peter Grant to replace McPake last season? He's having a horror show at Dunfermline ooft.

In fairness, I recall the Friday evening live TV 3-3 draw at Alloa last season whereby the Alloa defensive collective showed more composure in possession of the ball than Dundee did in general terms overall.

A point only secured that evening due to the goals and mere presence of one Sir Charles of Adam.

James McPake did not know whether it was New York or New Year that evening, imho. Absolutely clueless he was, no mistake.

29 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

In fairness, I recall the Friday evening live TV 3-3 draw at Alloa last season whereby the Alloa defensive collective showed more composure in possession of the ball than Dundee did in general terms overall.

A point only secured that evening due to the goals and mere presence of one Sir Charles of Adam.

James McPake did not know whether it was New York or New Year that evening, imho. Absolutely clueless he was, no mistake.

I'm not for a second suggesting it was a terrible shout at the time. He was one of a sparse few at the time that I'd have been 'Meh' about. He neither excited me nor had me fuming if he were to be appointed.

And I wasn't really trying to defend McPake either as I reckon I'll find myself against his frustrating in-game management at some point again!

Just trying to point out that more generally, our shouts are usually much more horrific than just sticking with the current ineptitude over change, change, change at times!

31 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I’ll happily say I always backed McPake and took some stick on here from most for doing so

Thank You

Out of interest Ross and with all due respect, I revisited the match thread for the Alloa 3-3 game last November and you like many others, myself included may I add, were ripping James McPake up for shite-paper, rightly so at the time imho.

Regards

PS, also agree 3-0 The Dees next Sunday.

56 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Like that Alloa game, I’m left wondering about those subs he made today. 

McGowan on with ten minutes to go was worse than putting Cummings out on the right, although I have no idea why he subbed mcdaid on at all. One good game after he was recalled from thistle and everyone was saying how much of a mistake it was to loan him out in the first place. I'd start McGowan next Sunday, not sure who in place of though. 

Edited by LM_0803