All things Dundee FC

25 minutes ago, sophia said:

For reasons beyond my immediate comprehension I'm aware of a degree of antipathy from certain quarters towards Billy Dodds but setting that aside, is it not time to let bygones be bygones and wish Billy well?

E-6GGijWQAAdv4z.jpeg

It’s easy to understand. He voted, which was his absolute right, to put Dundee into liquidation and it’s quite normal for people to hold that him against him, since liquidation would certainly have meant Dundee FC disappearing. I won’t forget and any success he has is great for him, but don’t ask for my endorsement of the man.  

3 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

It’s easy to understand. He voted, which was his absolute right, to put Dundee into liquidation and it’s quite normal for people to hold that him against him, since liquidation would certainly have meant Dundee FC disappearing. I won’t forget and any success he has is great for him, but don’t ask for my endorsement of the man.  

Again, I'm not at all acquainted with the detail but I hardly think Mr Dodds is responsible for the disgrace of that time and nor should not be a lighting rod for the memory.

I'm not asking for an endorsement, rather that the hurt that is clearly on display be allowed to fall away. We're all too short on this earth to carry this negativity.

5 minutes ago, sophia said:

Again, I'm not at all acquainted with the detail but I hardly think Mr Dodds is responsible for the disgrace of that time and nor should not be a lighting rod for the memory.

I'm not asking for an endorsement, rather that the hurt that is clearly on display be allowed to fall away. We're all too short on this earth to carry this negativity.

Of course Dodds was not responsible for the business mismanagement and disgrace, a word I share with you,  that occurred. 
Dodds, as I said was entitled to vote to put Dundee into liquidation, but had that happened I wouldn’t have a football team to support. Please don’t ask me to be magnanimous enough to accept that outcome. 
I’ve not heard any regret from him that his actions may have resulted in the demise of my team. The man is effusive in his defence of dubious payment systems when he was at Ibrox and has not understood that in his professional life of many clubs and no loyalty other than to himself - which he’s entitled to do - a supporter is loyal to one club and he voted to liquidate Dundee. 
I wish him no Ill will. I just don’t want him any where near DFC. Should he show some contrition regarding his actions in voting to liquidate Dundee, I’ll happily let bygones be bygones- but alas he won’t, his limitless sense of entitlement spews from his being.  

Regarding Billy Dodds, good luck to him as a former, very popular Dundee FC 100% committed/performance player. Always appeared to also stand his round in The Breadalbane Arms in Constitution Road back in the day with Alan Dinnie as his company in fairness.  

However having personally over my own career worked for two companies which went bump, you wipe yourself down and grow a pair, thank your lucky stars you've developed more professional skills and move on, looking ahead and certainly not behind.

Superior very popular Dundee FC players than him, namely Ian Redford, Iain Ferguson, Gordon Wallace, Kenny Cameron and Iain Phillip went on to represent our main rivals at Tannadice, even this was never an issue. However taking a financial stance these years later whilst starting out in his fledgling coaching career which may have resulted in us doing a Glasgow Rangers and ceasing to exist is, even to this day, very much an issue I'm afraid. 

Merely my opinion and until he admits his error as an adult, bollocks to him. 

5126bfc487addd6f3267a1c12bf45971.thumb.jpg.7a4fc71e03a28844b9e49631986c1eb0.jpg 

Edited by This Charming Man

Birthday caird pish.

2 hours ago, sophia said:

He wasn't responsible for the disgrace at the time but he was responsible for his own actions which would have killed the club the fans were trying to save.

He's a cùnt.

Joel Sked seems to believe Leigh Griffiths will score 10 league goals between now and December. I'm excited about the goals he could bring, but not even I'm that optimistic. Fair play Joel.

image.png.219c8d0641724c9a4436d8ae5acea2eb.png

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-v-hibs-drama-leigh-griffiths-100-goal-record-eating-confidence-5-things-to-look-out-for-in-the-spfl-this-weekend-3379473