All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, kristov said:

Yup. Fully expect Dundee to fully reciprocate for the Dens derby.

What can you do? Personally, I'd fling them in the corner of the main stand. Money will be lost, but so f**k. We all know, that when the chips are down, they're nowhere to be fucking seen. This 30 quid is a piss taking pile of shite, the young lads going because he loves the Dee, but not me, I'm too old and cynical.

Thank you.

21 hours ago, Dee Man said:

On the subject of the derby, how many potentially career ending/life threatening challenges are we guessing Callum Butcher gets away with before getting a booking? I'll go for eight. 

He'll probably get dumped on his arse by Shaun Byrne in the first minute and get carried off injured with the tango brigade going nuts because Byrne got away with a yellow card.

Saturday's a strange one - the potential to give us a positive start to the season filled with good displays or seem as though we're one derby defeat away from misery.

As it stands i'm happy with each and every performance i've seen minus the Celtic clusterfuck; even then though they were genuinely good on the day.

Both times we played Motherwell it was tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm and minor moments won the game. We'll pick up points if we compete like that throughout the season. 

For me Griffiths starts with Cummings, however think we'll see McGowan in behind Cummings with Griffiths coming on in the second half which could work as the Livi tire. 

It is essential we don't lose; no doubt we're all looking for a win but a draw wouldn't be horrendous. These Livi diddies are in for a terrible season and we can't be losing full points to them in head to heads.

Confident of the win right now though, taking us nicely into the match against East Angus select. I should state though, since we're a proper club with tradition, passion and a community spirit unlike your Livis, Dabs, Accies, Mortens etc just remember if defeats come in the next few weeks how lucky you are not to be supporting such wishy washy, non entities.

Away the fucking Dee.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Saturday's a strange one - the potential to give us a positive start to the season filled with good displays or seem as though we're one derby defeat away from misery.

As it stands i'm happy with each and every performance i've seen minus the Celtic clusterfuck; even then though they were genuinely good on the day.

Both times we played Motherwell it was tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm and minor moments won the game. We'll pick up points if we compete like that throughout the season. 

For me Griffiths starts with Cummings, however think we'll see McGowan in behind Cummings with Griffiths coming on in the second half which could work as the Livi tire. 

It is essential we don't lose; no doubt we're all looking for a win but a draw wouldn't be horrendous. These Livi diddies are in for a terrible season and we can't be losing full points to them in head to heads.

Confident of the win right now though, taking us nicely into the match against East Angus select. I should state though, since we're a proper club with tradition, passion and a community spirit unlike your Livis, Dabs, Accies, Mortens etc just remember if defeats come in the next few weeks how lucky you are not to be supporting such wishy washy, non entities.

Away the fucking Dee.

Thank you.

Agree with pretty much all of that except the last para. I think you're being harsh including the Arabs in that list.

Harsh on Livi, Accies, Morton etc that is.

McPake saying Charlie Adam is progressing much quicker than expected and that he should be back on the pitch sometime this month.

McPake also says that Fisher is out long term and Christie Elliott will probably not make tomorrow but will have a late fitness test.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake also says that Fisher is out long term and Christie Elliott will probably not make tomorrow but will have a late fitness test.

At another club I hope

Edited by RawB93

5 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Does Anderson getting called up(&playing) for the under 21 side mean whatever Strachan is doing is working with many more hopefully to come or just down to Anderson himself?

It's probably due to Scotland not being able to call up players in England last time around, tbh. Same reason our keeper started.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's probably due to Scotland not being able to call up players in England last time around, tbh. Same reason our keeper started.

That is why he got in the squad but he's definitely more than capable of being a Scotland u-21 regular IMO 

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

Does Anderson getting called up(&playing) for the under 21 side mean whatever Strachan is doing is working with many more hopefully to come or just down to Anderson himself?

I've mumped and moaned about this before. Anderson is pretty much already proven that he's better than most of the midfielders in the U21 squad because he is getting regular football at a higher level than pretty much most of the others but like others before him, gets overlooked in favour of English youth team players or OF youth team players. It happens quite a lot.

As far as Strachan is concerned, Anderson is a by-product of the McPake/Gerry Creaney era of development. Strachan can't be credited for any of the youth players coming through quite yet. Strachan has only really fully implemented his idea on kids that are now in S1 at school because that's the first batch that will be purely down to his methods and no-one elses.

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Great bit of positive news, young lad from the youths gets a Scotland cap. Boredom comes on and tries to piss all over it. Says it all really.

Thank you.

Pisses on his own team's prospects just to do it too. Sad, really.

For reasons beyond my immediate comprehension I'm aware of a degree of antipathy from certain quarters towards Billy Dodds but setting that aside, is it not time to let bygones be bygones and wish Billy well?

E-6GGijWQAAdv4z.jpeg

Edited by sophia
typo