All things Dundee FC

24 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Disappointing but this gives us a chance to go 4 4 2 against Livi. If Adam is fit he must start IMO - but now there's scope to go to a midfield two.

McGhee and Byrne central with Cummings and Griffiths upfront. Add on McCowan and McMullen out wide and you're looking at a team who can create chances.

Thank you.

This I believe would be our best starting line up. Quite exciting n hopefully happens 

58 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Charlie Adam out for 8 weeks FFS. 

42 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Where the f**k did you read this? I’m depressed now.

What's the word @Dee Man regarding Charlie Adam being out for 8 weeks?

Don't see 'owt on the line other than his ramblings about certain Scottish west coast clubs.

Cheers.   

Watched the PLZ show last night that Charlie was on, and as they finished talking about Dundee after discussing Leigh Griffiths, the host said "Hope to see you back on the pitch soon Charlie." Sounded ominous, feared a length on the sidelines would be the case.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Disappointing but this gives us a chance to go 4 4 2 against Livi. If Adam is fit he must start IMO - but now there's scope to go to a midfield two.

McGhee and Byrne central with Cummings and Griffiths upfront. Add on McCowan and McMullen out wide and you're looking at a team who can create chances.

Thank you.

Max Anderson has to play for me

41 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

What's the word @Dee Man regarding Charlie Adam being out for 8 weeks?

Don't see 'owt on the line other than his ramblings about certain Scottish west coast clubs.

Cheers.   

22 minutes ago, K.T said:

I hope you’re joking

A friend of a friend heard it from the man himself. Hopefully he had developed a temporary speech impediment at the time and 'two' sounded like 'eight'. 

Edited by Dee Man

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

A friend of a friend heard it from the man himself. Hopefully he had developed a temporary speech impediment at the time and 'two' sounded like 'eight'. 

Or maybe he said 'two weeks', but for some reason it was misheard as 'two months'...

Lol, I wish.

20 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Max Anderson has to play for me

Can't disagree too much if that happened. McGhee into right back would sort that problem area aswell. 

Add in Marshall at left back and it's a really strong starting 11 (Marshall has been a standout in the St Mirren and Motherwell Cup game surprisingly)

Thank you.

Can't disagree too much if that happened. McGhee into right back would sort that problem area aswell. 
Add in Marshall at left back and it's a really strong starting 11 (Marshall has been a standout in the St Mirren and Motherwell Cup game surprisingly)
Thank you.

I’d rather drop Byrne, who I love, than willingly take McGhee out of midfield. Young Max, who has been really good, can come off the bench IMO. The rest of your team I agree with, although MaCowan hasn’t blown me away yet.

Last time Adam was out the first team, we were finding success with a 4-4-2 with a midfield 2 of Anderson and Gowser. McGhee was also out injured at this point, but just noting this to remind myself how we dealt with it at the time. Still managed to play well, and now we have even more options with McGhee, Byrne and Robertson, as well as the fact that a 4-4-2 allows us to see how Griffiths plays up front beside Cummings as well.

if adam is indeed out for a couple of months i'd be lining up 442
legzdins
kerr ashcroft fontaine marshall
mcmullan byrne mcghee mccowan
griffiths cummings.
when looking at that line up its basically a 4 1 5 [emoji1787]

Thinking of the way McPake thinks I reckon he’ll drop McCowan for Gowser.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Or play Gowser in Adam’s place and only start with 1 striker. Probably LtD.

i can understand playing 1 striker against teams who we are gonna be under a lot of pressure ie celtic/rangers but for the rest i'd be going with 2 upfront and outscore the fuckers.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Maybe you friend misheard, the conversation was actually....

'Hey Charlie, what happened to you on Saturday?'

'Well Dave, I went out for a meal with the physio and we ate wheats'.

Easy to miss hear I guess.

Six weeks is better than eight, I suppose. Still misses the derby and the League Cup QF though, massive blows there.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-dealt-huge-blow-as-skipper-charlie-adam-ruled-out-for-extended-period/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social