All things Dundee FC

14 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Eddie Malone or close the fucking doors. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

If we're getting the gang back together then wee Eric Paton is BAE. 

Are you trying to arouse me at my work?  Jee whizz.

That'll now be 3 RB's at the club where if you combined the talent of all 3, you'd just about have a decent RB for this level.

Feel like a dick writing that but it's underwhelming. From what I've seen of Hodson, I don't think he's that much better than Elliott or Kerr. Hope he shuts my puss though, naturally.

That'll now be 3 RB's at the club where if you combined the talent of all 3, you'd just about have a decent RB for this level.
Feel like a dick writing that but it's underwhelming. From what I've seen of Hodson, I don't think he's that much better than Elliott or Kerr. Hope he shuts my puss though, naturally.

1 left back, and 3 right backs? WTAF??

34 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

1 left back, and 3 right backs? WTAF??

Cammy can play either , in fact some would say he’s actually a better left back than right back , I’m in that boat I think he’s better at left back , I was hoping McPake was gonna play him left back and McGee right back on Saturday , but what do I know ? 

I think you're probably correct that he's better at left back, but only because he doesn't go forward while playing LB and therefore doesn't waste possession as often.

McGhee is completely wasted at FB though. Begs the question why we bothered signing Panter if he isn't capable of playing fullback in the Premiership. Presumably he's here to get peh and bridie experience or something, because the loan doesn't appear to be for footballing purposes.

7 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think you're probably correct that he's better at left back, but only because he doesn't go forward while playing LB and therefore doesn't waste possession as often.

McGhee is completely wasted at FB though. Begs the question why we bothered signing Panter if he isn't capable of playing fullback in the Premiership. Presumably he's here to get peh and bridie experience or something, because the loan doesn't appear to be for footballing purposes.

I disagree. I think Panter is likely to be absolutely free (other than accommodation) and his purpose is to cover extreme emergencies only such as when McGowan and Anderson are out plus there's a problem in the full back area but McGhee needs to play in midfield due to lack of options.

With Covid outbreaks being a regular occurrence having a player that can play in 4 positions (anywhere across the back-line), that is absolutely free to be used in such extreme emergency situations only isn't a bad thing.

That, and I also think over the course of the whole season he might be utilised a little bit more once he's got a deeper understanding of the game. 

I basically see him as fulfilling the same role Tom Field did a couple of seasons ago.

On 29/08/2021 at 11:51, Ludo*1 said:

McPake saying that we will be linked with '3 or 4 players' before the window closes has me, as an impressionable fan, believing that we'll be signing 3-4 players.

Thank you McPake.

The Scottish Herald article yesterday got that exciting number up to 5 or 6.

image.png.c2ec98fb27d2b7a7827ef317312d990a.png

Makes it a little bit disappointing then considering we've not even been rumoured with more than the two we already knew prior to that article being published.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The Scottish Herald article yesterday got that exciting number up to 5 or 6.

image.png.c2ec98fb27d2b7a7827ef317312d990a.png

Makes it a little bit disappointing then considering we've not even been rumoured with more than the two we already knew prior to that article being published.

TBF, McPake and the club are quite good at keeping the signings under wraps until about an hour before the announcement, unless the player has been speculated for a while.

I reckon at this moment; 

In- Griffiths and Hodson

Out- Possibly McDaid, Elliot maybe? One of the centre mids? Maybe Robertson out on loan, he is way down the list now, behind Adam, McGhee, Byrne, Anderson and Gowser.

Edited by johnnydun