All things Dundee FC

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

If it was inappropriate he would have been charged.

Not one of us know the true details of any of it, it's all speculation, no facts were read out in any court. 

I can't see how any of us on here can judge either way.

:lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

With respect [mention=46733]johnnydun[/mention] I have to agree on a technical level. However the feller Mason's offence, however odious was involving another adult to which he admitted to, pleaded guilty, so there he is for all to see on the register, rightly so. 
Leigh Griffiths has made inappropriate contact with two schoolgirls, as per newspaper reports, however keep in mind the 15 year old is a female youth player with a Scottish Premiership club. I'm assuming it's not difficult to ascertain the young persons actual age in that case. 
The moral high-ground is not dependent upon the players' ability and skill level. Therefore again I ask, where is Niall Christie's petition to sign?  I'll have a look again tomorrow. 
C'mon guys on P&B, where are your opinions on this subject?
Yes or No to Leigh Griffiths?
Regards   
The police clearly stated that "no criminality" was found at all with Griffiths and these apparently inappropriate texts to young girls he was accused of. If they had done he would be in big trouble. You should maybe base the argument on actual police findings rather than what newspapers churn for a headline.

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'll join the fucking LOLz at Celtic fans taking any sort of moral high ground here emoji23.png Daft c***s.

Anyway, Griffith's is a no for me. Even if we disregard the off pitch nonsense, he's probably out of condition and overweight. Bin.

Leigh Griffiths should sign for County.  He’s the type of player our manager deserves.   Unfortunately, it looks like you guys are taking a little of our “banter club” prize money.

Leigh Griffiths has not been convicted of an offence.  An allegation was made and it was all stirred up by the newspapers.  In this country we used to operate under a principle called innocent until proven guilty.  Social media and the press seem to operate under a different principle of guilty until proven innocent.  An allegation is not evidence of anything. 

It's a risky signing in terms of the likelihood of similar allegations appearing in newspapers but then they are hardly paragons of virtue themselves.  If McPake wants Leigh and he is fit to play then I am happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Innocent until proven guilty after all.  

1 minute ago, mev said:

Leigh Griffiths has not been convicted of an offence.  An allegation was made and it was all stirred up by the newspapers.  In this country we used to operate under a principle called innocent until proven guilty.  Social media and the press seem to operate under a different principle of guilty until proven innocent.  An allegation is not evidence of anything. 

It's a risky signing in terms of the likelihood of similar allegations appearing in newspapers but then they are hardly paragons of virtue themselves.  If McPake wants Leigh and he is fit to play then I am happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Innocent until proven guilty after all.  

This isn’t a court of law, though. 

Griffiths also told an Edinburgh lad to “go back to your own country”, lest we forget.  

He’s also incapable of keeping himself in shape.  

There’s any number of reasons to go absolutely nowhere near him - the lack of prosecution is a red herring.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

This isn’t a court of law, though. 

Griffiths also told an Edinburgh lad to “go back to your own country”, lest we forget.  

He’s also incapable of keeping himself in shape.  

There’s any number of reasons to go absolutely nowhere near him - the lack of prosecution is a red herring.

Cannigia turned out okay and he was a convicted drug user.  I think McPake will know the situation and Leigh's fitness levels better than us.  The police decided there was no criminality.  Man United have just signed Christiano Ronaldo who was accused of far more serious offences than Leigh and he is in the papers far more often.  It's footballers we are trying to sign, not police officers or teachers.

9 minutes ago, mev said:

It's footballers we are trying to sign, not police officers or teachers.

And so it finally gets said.

Doesn't matter if you're a rapist or a beast, if you score goals for a football club you get a free pass and we'll get your name printed on our child's shirt.

Mental how willing folk are to ignore some serious offences simply because someone is good at kicking a ball for an hour every 7 days.

23 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:
10 hours ago, This Charming Man said:
With respect [mention=46733]johnnydun[/mention] I have to agree on a technical level. However the feller Mason's offence, however odious was involving another adult to which he admitted to, pleaded guilty, so there he is for all to see on the register, rightly so. 
Leigh Griffiths has made inappropriate contact with two schoolgirls, as per newspaper reports, however keep in mind the 15 year old is a female youth player with a Scottish Premiership club. I'm assuming it's not difficult to ascertain the young persons actual age in that case. 
The moral high-ground is not dependent upon the players' ability and skill level. Therefore again I ask, where is Niall Christie's petition to sign?  I'll have a look again tomorrow. 
C'mon guys on P&B, where are your opinions on this subject?
Yes or No to Leigh Griffiths?
Regards   

The police clearly stated that "no criminality" was found at all with Griffiths and these apparently inappropriate texts to young girls he was accused of. If they had done he would be in big trouble. You should maybe base the argument on actual police findings rather than what newspapers churn for a headline.

No criminality established as his intent was hidden by using emojis instead or writing it explicitly so he can argue he meant something else but we all know what he was asking for.

He’s a scumbag 

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

You’re fucking weird.

Pal some of you here are fawning over the possibility of signing a guy who recently was messaging schoolgirls asking for naked pictures. 

So if being a weirdo means thinking that’s completely unacceptable behaviour and not wanting him anywhere near my club or scottish football i’ll take it. I’d much rather be a weirdo than an apologist for Leigh Griffiths behaviour 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

And so it finally gets said.

Doesn't matter if you're a rapist or a beast, if you score goals for a football club you get a free pass and we'll get your name printed on our child's shirt.

Mental how willing folk are to ignore some serious offences simply because someone is good at kicking a ball for an hour every 7 days.

What serious offence has Leigh Griffiths committed exactly?  He's now a rapist or a beast because someone alleged he sent an inappropriate text?  This is getting ridiculous.  I wouldn't want us to sign a rapist or a beast just because they are good at football and never suggested so.  

Just now, mev said:

What serious offence has Leigh Griffiths committed exactly?  He's now a rapist or a beast because someone alleged he sent an inappropriate text? 

LG1.thumb.png.1fe8ba84c778333dfc17de73ef91e93c.png

He sent these messages to a 15yo girl after she'd spent all day posting photos of herself clothed. 

You tell me what you think he was wanting?

None of it is alleged, he admitted to sending the messages above, but just claimed he was asking for more photos (despite the fact she seemingly put a photo of herself up almost daily), and there was no way to prove he actually wanted nudes.

Griffiths is obviously the back up option after we failed to get Greg Stewart.

Speaking purely about Griffiths on the pitch - he's scored everywhere he's been. Get him on the field, give him some love from the crowd and he will hopefully piece together his career again.

He's certainly not finished. He's always had a horrific attitude and he's always been thick as f**k. Do I think he's a malicious, nasty beast? No, I think he's a fucking moron whose 2 braincells have always let him down over the course of his life.

Still has the possibility to be the best Scottish striker around though.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

LG1.thumb.png.1fe8ba84c778333dfc17de73ef91e93c.png

He sent these messages to a 15yo girl after she'd spent all day posting photos of herself clothed. 

You tell me what you think he was wanting?

None of it is alleged, he admitted to sending the messages above, but just claimed he was asking for more photos (despite the fact she seemingly put a photo of herself up almost daily), and there was no way to prove he actually wanted nudes.

Do you know for certain he knew her age?  As Mr Ali said, he stopped texting when he found out how old she was.  Innocent until proven guilty.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

@RandomGuy., he also stopped messaging her after she told him her age - which kind of negates your theory he's a beast. Or bizarrely, a rapist. 

She never at any point told him her age or did he ask. He stopped when it was leaked online and what he was doing became known that’s very different imo

Edited by Jinky67