All things Dundee FC

15 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

I seem to remember someone advising you that you just took a BIG step up when hen signed him.

The one shining light in a team of no hopers.

Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office

8 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Old dundee tops. I use to have a fair few but gave some away to collectors for f**k all. However have the last few seasons...... where/who can I give them too? 

eBay them or advertise them on twitter. Folk will take them off your hands quickly enough. 

9 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Old dundee tops. I use to have a fair few but gave some away to collectors for f**k all. However have the last few seasons...... where/who can I give them too? 

I would take any off you. But@Mr. Alli is right in saying folk would happily pay you on eBay etc.

His wage is just speculation. St Mirren fans really liked him, Falkirk fans loved him. We signed him as a 22 year old striker with huge promise. He was a bit of a coup at the time and definitely softened the blow of losing Hemmings at the time.
As for Sheridan, I'm surprised more footballers don't take his route. He knew he wouldn't be a massive player at a massive club so has travelled the world and made decent money along the way. That's the ideal career in most other fields!
Decent money for not scoring goals.

27 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 23/08/2021 at 23:58, Ludo*1 said:
His wage is just speculation. St Mirren fans really liked him, Falkirk fans loved him. We signed him as a 22 year old striker with huge promise. He was a bit of a coup at the time and definitely softened the blow of losing Hemmings at the time.
As for Sheridan, I'm surprised more footballers don't take his route. He knew he wouldn't be a massive player at a massive club so has travelled the world and made decent money along the way. That's the ideal career in most other fields!

Decent money for not scoring goals.

Surely you're not trying to be so ridiculous? Not every striker is signed to be a goalscorer.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
33 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
Surely you're not trying to be so ridiculous? Not every striker is signed to be a goalscorer.

If you don't score goals you're not a striker.

That's just nonsense.

Football isn't as simplistic as that. You're telling me if Jakubiak played up top as the sole striker and got 4-5 goals whilst setting up the midfield for 20 more with his link-up play, he's not a striker?

That's just nonsense.
Football isn't as simplistic as that. You're telling me if Jakubiak played up top as the sole striker and got 4-5 goals whilst setting up the midfield for 20 more with his link-up play, he's not a striker?
Someone in that position is not a striker but a hold-up man.

Since Hemmings went our issue has always been putting the ball in the net. It's fine having the holdup man if your midfield are supporting and making the runs to score - but, bar McGhee, ours doesn't do that regularly enough.

We create enough chances but don’t convert as many as we should. Sheridan doesn't solve that problem.

25 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
58 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If you don't score goals you're not a striker.

Not sure if serious

Curtis Main, great hold up player, strong, high work rate but he moved on from both us and Aberdeen because he can’t put the ball in the net. I would expect nothing to change at St Mirren. Of course a good central striker has many attributes but scoring goals is pretty high on that list.