All things Dundee FC

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

😆 Give the boy a break ffs. Big part of us even being in this league with his play-offs performances.

Can’t forget the games before the playoffs Ross. The chances he was passing up last year were extremely poor. Until his injury I didn’t expect him to still be here in September. 

He was however very good in the playoffs against Kilmarnock. 

Will be in the Highlands with questionable internet access at best next week, my bad as you young guys would say.

Glad I raised the the question regarding Simon Murray as it still appears to be a live alternative it would appear due to the healthy response.

Alex Jakubiak, aka the invisible man, at 24 years of age, come on, produce something, anything, even at last seasons level of football, okay unfortunately injured for the seasons' duration it would appear.  

Cillian Sheridan, merely the invisible man other than sub standard European football for numerous years and we give him a two year contract at age 32, ffs lads!

Simon Murray is Dark Blue and actually produces something, a menace and is already proven at this level, only his fitness is in question.

That's for the experts to decide, imho.

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

😆 Give the boy a break ffs. Big part of us even being in this league with his play-offs performances.

He is shite. 2 games dosnt change this. Kilmarnock were stinking. This is a fact.

Nothing else to add to this. Big few games ahead to decide where we are at and where we need to strengthen. I presume we won't see many if any players coming in.

Panter injured or just not very good? 

Re the strikers debate:

If you had Danny Mullen and a fit Simon Murray on the bench, you need a goal and you've got to bring one of them on, I'd go to Murray. His scoring record is far from brilliant but it's still better than Mullen's. Fair fucks to Mullen for pissing all over Killie, but he was basically shite for almost all of the regular season and missed a ridiculous number of sitters. 

My preference of course would be for us to bring in a better striker than either or them, if such a player is available. 

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Are you taking a week as recovery from multiple bottles of red wine?

If that is the case i fully understand your Simon Murray call. Otherwise it's a confusing one and a big no for me. 

Thank you.

Present a case supporting Alex Jakubiak and Cillian Sheridan up front or even them returning double figures (goals not games) individually this season in all competitions and I'll forward a case of red wine, plus cheese and biscuits.

Alternatively, if like me you prefer a malt, let me know your preference.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really not getting the Jakubiak bashing.

Probably the fact he’s been here so long and contributed so little. Obviously with injuries it’s not his fault but it is frustrating. 
I think Motherwell last week was the first time I’ve actually seen him play for us and liked the look of him. Thought his link up play was good. Falkirk and St Murn fans seemed to really like him. Whether we’ll actually see the best of him for Dundee is another thing though. 

9 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Present a case supporting Alex Jakubiak and Cillian Sheridan up front or even them returning double figures (goals not games) individually this season in all competitions and I'll forward a case of red wine, plus cheese and biscuits.

Alternatively, if like me you prefer a malt, let me know your preference.

Thank you.

It's summed up in the last paragraph of DOTL's post. If we are bringing in a 5th striker to the squad I wouldn't be spending that money to bring in Simon Murray.

We're improving as a unit and there's much more quality out there than Murray who could improve us significantly instead of merely managing to out do the perma-crocked Jakubiak and the as yet untried Sheridan.

It's not a debate of Mullen v Murray as neither are going to improve us as a unit in the long term. I'm personally looking for signings who can move on from the club to a higher level. Murray would score the odd goal and be a menace but in him signing we'd be showing a dramatic lack of ambition to move forward.

Thank you.

Leigh Griffiths was sitting in the BC yesterday. When asked if he was returning, he replied he'd already be back with us if it wasn't for our lack of budget and that it's unlikely that'll change.

Surprised he chose to sit in the Dee end instead of Hibs, or indeed, the Main Stand where players normally go.

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Leigh Griffiths was sitting in the BC yesterday. When asked if he was returning, he replied he'd already be back with us if it wasn't for our lack of budget and that it's unlikely that'll change.

Surprised he chose to sit in the Dee end instead of Hibs, or indeed, the Main Stand where players normally go.

I wouldn't touch him with a 6 foot bargepole after the instagram story a couple of months ago. 

58 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Maybe he chose the Dee end to try and remain coy whilst watching his new team, which is obviously Hibs.

Also, no wonder we don't have the budget, when it's pretty much all going to Greg.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did he cheer the goals? And if so who’s?

im sure his son is in our youth team and is a decent young striker himself