All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

State of it:

Recommend actually watching the Smegheads, sorry Shedheds on the video coverage posted.

Overall actual average age of 27+, intellectual average age of 13+ at best.

Classy as always in bright colours, whilst filming their own coupons for their own very personal enjoyment, oh my dear indeed.

Seriously counting the sleeps now to the first derby of the season.

Another more than competent performance today against opposition of a similar level, job well done. Forget Celtic Park, we certainly have.

Regards

Edited by This Charming Man

3 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

In my opinion that was our strongest starting line up. We won and through to the next round. A few more players to strengthen and I will be even more happier. Getting into the quarter final is a brilliant result 

All in all hopefully lessons learnt from Mcpake and please keep playing 2 actual wingers. 

Kerr in place of Elliott and I'd agree. 

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Kerr in place of Elliott and I'd agree. 

If anything this position I'd love a new signing ( ken won't happen) but yeah fair enough.

See me positive today ( some c***s winna ken what to say). Just aye got to keep plodding up. Injuries and suspensions though is the worrying thing however nae need to worry about it this weekend. 

I don't know, I think Kerr has the right amount of pace against a winger and has a great last ditch challenge in him, he just can't cross going forward.

When Cammy gets fit you’d expect he’ll get a wee chance. I’ve never thought he’s as bad as he’s made out to be and as you say he has pace and a great engine. Time will tell.

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

When Cammy gets fit you’d expect he’ll get a wee chance. I’ve never thought he’s as bad as he’s made out to be and as you say he has pace and a great engine. Time will tell.

Have said time and time again that Cammy gets unfair criticism from a section of the support. We know he isn't a great crosser of the ball but tbf neither is Elliot. He's certainly the best RB on our books and the sooner he is back the better. Doesn't mean we shouldn't look to strengthen in that area but I'd be much happier with him in the team.

Cammy should be first choice RB but I might be in a minority but I don't think Marshall is good enough 

Marshall gets a free ride because of his forays forward which to be fair are quite exciting, but he’s limited defensively.
But f**k, most of our squad are. We are a recently promoted team, hopefully slowly building within our means. Let’s enjoy being in the big league and in the 1/4 final of the first cup. Fookin love to get the Dayglos next.

I really like Marshall. I know he has his limitations but really enjoy watching him play. One of my favourite Dundee players at present. 

I don't think McPake would have kept Elliott but for the clause on his contract that gave him an automatic extension.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Marshall gets a free ride because of his forays forward which to be fair are quite exciting, but he’s limited defensively.
But f**k, most of our squad are. We are a recently promoted team, hopefully slowly building within our means. Let’s enjoy being in the big league and in the 1/4 final of the first cup. Fookin love to get the Dayglos next.

We're playing in a derby 3 days before that Cup QF at Tannadice, so it'd be something else if we drew them at Dens for that QF. Not sure I need all that worry tbh!

I'd have that Grimshaw that played yesterday at RB. Motherwell fans not exactly raving about his performance yesterday and it's clear he nor their team played anywhere near half decent but thought he was one of the few that was 'ok' for them. Certainly better than Elliott.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd have that Grimshaw that played yesterday at RB. Motherwell fans not exactly raving about his performance yesterday and it's clear he nor their team played anywhere near half decent but thought he was one of the few that was 'ok' for them. Certainly better than Elliott.

Boy must be at least a wee bit frustrated, was their regular RB for ages before O'Donnell showed up basically on a whim and became Scotland's no. 1 in that position.

I'd have him too, though I doubt that'll be happening.

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

State of it:

They were up against a Championship side who haven't won a game in their league this season who were reduced to 10 men. Ffs.

Not sure I understand invading the pitch against a team it would have been embarrassing to lose to?

One kick goes the other way and those same fans are likely giving Courts hell.

I'd take O'Hara as a starting right back if he's not a regular starter.

11 minutes ago, harry94 said:
9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd take O'Hara as a starting right back if he's not a regular starter.

@capt_oats Fancy giving us O'Hara and Grisham? We will give you Elliott as back-up in return.