All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

Can we sign someone please?

Even a non-lrague no-mark with a YouTube highlights reel bedecked in sparkle text for us to get unreasonably excited about would be teckle.

Basically I'm bored.

Did that last season, I’m sure he’s back in Canada now scoring for fun or something 

2 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

I put this somewhere where I wouldn’t lose it when I got home from the game cue 11/12 years later found it in an old set of shoes I was throwing out

image.jpg

Back when the competition was a decent outlet for teams in the lower leagues. Afraid it has now been turned into a complete farce (done to force the Old Firm Colt team agenda). Have always said i would not attend these type matches, it is a bit harder given the loan players between the sides. Have decided on principle will give the game a miss & only hope nobody picks up any injury does not help with it being moved from the Tuesday to Wednesday which probably means no actual training for us this week & onto the plastic pitch at Forfar. If they want to get some credibility they need to get back clubs from the Championship down only to be involved with any extra spaces taken by other Pyramid clubs from the HFL.LL

Guest Wieghortsnut
40 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Rangers are willing to let us take Patterson on loan until January at least, as they see Tavernier as their main right back this season. Overheard some journalists talking about this in the pub last night.

Will that do?

And I'm spent

6 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Back when the competition was a decent outlet for teams in the lower leagues. Afraid it has now been turned into a complete farce (done to force the Old Firm Colt team agenda). Have always said i would not attend these type matches, it is a bit harder given the loan players between the sides. Have decided on principle will give the game a miss & only hope nobody picks up any injury does not help with it being moved from the Tuesday to Wednesday which probably means no actual training for us this week & onto the plastic pitch at Forfar. If they want to get some credibility they need to get back clubs from the Championship down only to be involved with any extra spaces taken by other Pyramid clubs from the HFL.LL

I'd honestly cut out the Championship completely, it's just a distraction for a lot of teams who couldn't care. Imo, the Challenge Cup should be all teams from League One, League Two, Highland League and Lowland League. Of course, that'll never happen, but at least almost every team involved would have a genuine interest in winning it I would feel.

3 hours ago, Wieghortsnut said:

Can somebody even make up a rumour

Nathan Ralph's twin brother, Norman, is signing for us on a season long loan from Accrington Stanley. Unusually for a twin, his predominantly stronger foot is opposite from his twin brother and he will be signed as an attacking right back. He would have been first choice right back for Accrington but for the excellent performances of Stephen McKimmie, nephew of ex-Aberdeen ace, Stewart. 

Source: Aberdeen Press & Journal Bag of Pish. 

2 hours ago, Vernon gilmore said:

That’s just no right , and if we get beat , then they will be cup tied 

The whole thing is a farce, we are there under protest. I never miss a Peterhead game but made an exception for this one, the tie & venue being moved around. The game has not got a mention on our site this week, not by accident either.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Liam Manning has got the MK Dons job. 

Just looked him up; considering it's a leftfield appointment of a 35 year old who was managing a Belgian lower league side, it makes you think there might have been some substance to the McPake rumour. 

Cammy Kerr not requiring surgery, will be back in around 2-3 weeks, so McPake feels comfortable not signing a new full back, so at least 2-3 weeks of Elliott getting ripped apart. FFS.

Mullen will however require surgery, and faces 12 weeks out. Similar to Robertson's injury last season apparently.

Fontaine and Jakubiak have trained this week, might be available for Saturday.