All things Dundee FC

Just now, RossDee01 said:

What the f**k does Strachan even do? Seems like he just shows up when he feels like it.

He basically oversees the youth project that he's put in place and is available for all coaches as a sounding board.

He's done the hard work now he's just in place to make sure it doesn't go wrong and advise McPake when he wants advice.

He's not even an official employee on our payroll hence how when we furloughed everyone he was the one checking in with parents etc.

Basically, less than a part time role at this point.

Other than conflict of interests, he certainly has the time to be taking on another job.

3 month consultancy role at Celtic, while continuing his work at Dundee from the sounds of it 

From the Celtic website..

“I also look forward to continuing my work at Dundee FC where I have established a great working relationship and close bond with the Manager, Managing Director, staff and coaches.”

17 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

3 month consultancy role at Celtic, while continuing his work at Dundee from the sounds of it 

From the Celtic website..

“I also look forward to continuing my work at Dundee FC where I have established a great working relationship and close bond with the Manager, Managing Director, staff and coaches.”

Words "conflict of interest" come to mind.

11 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I’m sure he’s just going there to pick the best players he can to join us on loan. We’ve still only really had Afolabi in return for our vote last year…

He also likes to white knight a predator.

Welcome back Leigh Griffiths.

On 07/08/2021 at 09:22, RandomGuy. said:

No idea why, but Liam Fontaine gives me real "future manager" vibes. Has he done anything with your youths or that?

Coaching the B team against Peterhead in the Challenge Cup, with Cammy Kerr as assistant. Don't know if it's more promising or scary for me to think that could viably be our coaching setup in a decade's time.

Meh, depends on how the game goes I guess.

29 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Absolutely bonkers that Strachan is working for Celtic but keeping his role at Dundee.

He’s clearly a major player at Dens if he can afford to go work somewhere else without it even slightly affecting the running of the club.

Don't worry mate; on the back of getting punted out the play-offs to your biggest rivals you've started this season with a draw against a pitiful Morten and losers in a three goal rout at the hands of Partick Thistle. 

I wouldn't be worrying about Gordon Strachan if i was you.

Thank you, 

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He’s clearly a major player at Dens if he can afford to go work somewhere else without it even slightly affecting the running of the club.

The tray bakes will need someone else to go around doors selling. 

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Absolutely bonkers that Strachan is working for Celtic but keeping his role at Dundee.

Who has ever said he was a 'major player' at Dens?

On 10/08/2021 at 12:23, Mr. Alli said:

I get them after a donner kebab. 

This reminds me of when I met a young guy eating a donner kebab about 3.00am one Sunday morning when I was on night shift and we got chatting.  He told me he was on his way to a lecture.  I asked him who on earth would be giving lectures at that time on a Sunday morning? 

He replied, 'My mum'.

53 minutes ago, Wieghortsnut said:

Can somebody even make up a rumour

Rangers are willing to let us take Patterson on loan until January at least, as they see Tavernier as their main right back this season. Overheard some journalists talking about this in the pub last night.

Will that do?

2 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Rangers are willing to let us take Patterson on loan until January at least, as they see Tavernier as their main right back this season. Overheard some journalists talking about this in the pub last night.

Will that do?

Inject this complete guff into my veins.

2 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

Can we sign someone please?

Even a non-lrague no-mark with a YouTube highlights reel bedecked in sparkle text for us to get unreasonably excited would be teckle.

Basically I'm bored.

Even one of those Nigerian boys that tweets under club accounts begging to be signed and showing grainy 240p footage of them nutmegging some rando way far off during a game on some street to impress.

James McPake, PLEASE!