All things Dundee FC

McPake confirmed that neither McGhee or Marshall had trained all week. Top performance from Marshall all things considered. 

Maybe that played a part in his decision to not put McGhee in his normal box to box role.

7 hours ago, Unconscious Objector said:

I agree with comments that McMullen didn’t have a great game going forward. But out of possession he worked his socks off closing down attacks on both wings and had a fantastic last ditch interception on a St Mirren breakaway

I'm sure it was him that originally lost it about 3/4 of the way up the pitch so he's done some job tracking all that way back to make the block. 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake confirmed that neither McGhee or Marshall had trained all week. Top performance from Marshall all things considered. 

Maybe that played a part in his decision to not put McGhee in his normal box to box role.

As well as one of the subs that came on not having trained either, that's a decent point to get.

51 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Had a little look at the DAB's today, oh dearie me. Nothing to fear there.

Thank you.

Utterly pathetic, reminded me of our team in the recent relegation season mid game.

Utterly bereft of any hope and the Clogger Butcher resorted to hacking everything in sight.

Sure Tam Courts will have a plan up his sleeve though; just the sort of man you want to take your club forward.

ETA - Aberdeen looked a decent outfit.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Had a little look at the DAB's today, oh dearie me. Nothing to fear there.

Thank you.

They were different level shite today.  Just unbelievably awful. Bring on the first derby. I've always thought that with the possible exception of Siegrist, the only player worthy of the name over there is Appere. Poor lad didn't even make the bench today. I've never been a big fan of signing dabs, but I would love to see him on the bright side of the street. 

49 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Utterly bereft of any hope and the Clogger Butcher resorted to hacking everything in sight.

An absolute fucking donkey, paid to wander around the pitch, booting people. Needs someone to sort the bully boy out. IMO.

Spoiler

Dundee Football Club on Twitter: "Paul McGowan has won the Andrew De Vries  Player of the Year award for 2019/20 #thedee ➡️ https://t.co/FUJP7rRsf3… "

Thank you.

53 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Wonder if Tam Courts will go down as the greatest ever DAB manager, as he will never lose a derby, being punted before the end of August ????

The dabs thread is a marvellous read right now, go and enjoy it lads and lasses!

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

An absolute fucking donkey, paid to wander around the pitch, booting people. Needs someone to sort the bully boy out. IMO.

Reveal hidden contents

Dundee Football Club on Twitter: "Paul McGowan has won the Andrew De Vries  Player of the Year award for 2019/20 #thedee ➡️ https://t.co/FUJP7rRsf3… "

Thank you.

I saw that ‘c**t’ in the Ferry about 2 months ago and was embarrassed for our players that he kicked us off the park at times when I saw the size of him. 20 years ago he’d have been kicked from pillar to post. I’ll be raging if he’s left to dish it out in the derby’s this season. 

Weekend of positives for me:

1. Great to get off the mark early against a decent side who are mid table at worst based on last year.

2. Looks like we'll score goals. This is very good. A dodgy defence is a lot easier to fix than an inability to score.

3. Lol forever at United

Hope the injuries clear up quickly and the yound lad has learned an important life lesson. Stick your house on BTTS against Hibs!

Thank you.

Edited by The Algebraist

18 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Wonder if Tam Courts will go down as the greatest ever DAB manager, as he will never lose a derby, being punted before the end of August ????

Do you think he'll stay that long?  He's already a United legend in his own imagination and it seems the United board have bought into it.  Their patience won't last long if they continue to submit to defeat as tamely as they did on Sunday.  I'm not convinced they'll appoint a good replacement even if Courts does leave, as being able to quote loads of stats and haver absolute drivel seems to be the main qualities they look for in a manager. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Thoughts on Afolabi lads?

Looked like he had potential but very rarely delivered on it.

Ended up behind Mullen, Cummings, Sow and even Jakubiak when he recovered from his season long injury. Made 4 league starts for us (with 15 sub appearances) and scored 3 goals so potential is there. Just looked like he couldn't be bothered quite a lot of the time and let the game completely pass him by.

Weird one as he looked like he could be an explosive player.

Looked like he had potential but very rarely delivered on it.
Ended up behind Mullen, Cummings, Sow and even Jakubiak when he recovered from his season long injury. Made 4 league starts for us (with 15 sub appearances) and scored 3 goals so potential is there. Just looked like he couldn't be bothered quite a lot of the time and let the game completely pass him by.
Weird one as he looked like he could be an explosive player.

I’m expecting he’ll be our first choice this season so won’t have to compete with other strikers with the quality of Cummings or Mullen.

Cheers though.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Thoughts on Afolabi lads?

Didn't feature enough to form any sort of opinions. Any made will be based on one off games or substitute appearences. I for one wanted him in the starting line up more often. 

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m expecting he’ll be our first choice this season so won’t have to compete with other strikers with the quality of Cummings or Mullen.

Cheers though.

We basically signed Cummings because our strike force wasn't really delivering goals. Don't think Afolabi ended up being trusted much by McPake as he didn't really get given a massive chance. No idea why. Any chance we'll see him feature tonight?

Edited by Ludo*1

We basically signed Cummings because our strike force wasn't really delivering goals. Don't think Afolabi ended up being trusted much by McPake as he didn't really get given a massive chance. No idea why. Any chance we'll see him feature tonight?

He’s in the squad so there’s a good chance he’ll be on the pitch at some point. Only done one training session with the team so might not start the game.