All things Dundee FC

While I have sympathy with the club having to deal with covid restrictions, I have no sympathy with the outdated, unfit ticketing process.
I bought an electronic ticket for the Montrose game, delivered straight to my phone, with no requirement for a round trip to Montrose, in advance, to pick up a bit of fucking paper. If Montrose can do it, why can't we?
I had to go to Dens twice to pick up orient and Brora tickets, back at work now so no chance for st mirren.
It's scandalous we don't have electronic tickets. Not only is it inconveniencing fans, it's costing the club by limiting easy access. Electronic tickets could also be traded on secondary markets like StubHub, which would encourage more season ticket sales, and have more bums on seats on match day. Win win.
This is so frustrating.

While I have sympathy with the club having to deal with covid restrictions, I have no sympathy with the outdated, unfit ticketing process.
I bought an electronic ticket for the Montrose game, delivered straight to my phone, with no requirement for a round trip to Montrose, in advance, to pick up a bit of fucking paper. If Montrose can do it, why can't we?
I had to go to Dens twice to pick up orient and Brora tickets, back at work now so no chance for st mirren.
It's scandalous we don't have electronic tickets. Not only is it inconveniencing fans, it's costing the club by limiting easy access. Electronic tickets could also be traded on secondary markets like StubHub, which would encourage more season ticket sales, and have more bums on seats on match day. Win win.
This is so frustrating.
The commercial side of the club has been shite for years.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Dark Blue Dick said:
This is so frustrating.

The commercial side of the club has been shite for years.

As has the media side.

Did they have the decency to contact you to inform you?
I still have had no response to my email.

I popped past the shop. I’m able to pop past when I’m working as I’m out and about most days. What I’m not able to do is stand in a queue for about an hour which would have been the scenario on Wednesday!

3 hours ago, Daydream said:

I popped past the shop. I’m able to pop past when I’m working as I’m out and about most days. What I’m not able to do is stand in a queue for about an hour which would have been the scenario on Wednesday!

Try closer to 3hrs 😐

17 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I have no ST ans have my eye on 14th against Motherwell, will ST holders get preferential treatment for that too?

Probably, well those who can manage to queue will anyway.  Those who can't have to make do with watching it on TV if that will still be allowed.

23 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I have no ST ans have my eye on 14th against Motherwell, will ST holders get preferential treatment for that too?

I think the hope is that most restrictions are lifted on the 9th, which means the capacity would revert to normal and we can just have PATG. The issue is that there's not a lot of time from the 9th to the 14th to get tickets sold in case things don't change. 

However, I don't see why ST holders shouldn't get priority if needed. It's how things have worked for limited-supply tickets for decades. 

13 minutes ago, The Master said:

I think the hope is that most restrictions are lifted on the 9th, which means the capacity would revert to normal and we can just have PATG. The issue is that there's not a lot of time from the 9th to the 14th to get tickets sold in case things don't change. 

However, I don't see why ST holders shouldn't get priority if needed. It's how things have worked for limited-supply tickets for decades. 

Season ticket holders should get priority.  The problem is that out of town ticket holders and those who can't wait in a queue for tickets are being treated really unfairly through no fault of their own.  If this carries on, such people should be offered rebates because they clearly aren't getting what they paid for. 

5 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I don’t see why ST holders get priority over cup games, when the season tickets can’t be used for it or am I wrong?

St Mirren give priority to season tickets for cup games also. Is it right I think so cash has been out up front for all league games. This allows the club to forecast a realistic budget to income.  So season ticket works for both club and supporters. I don't get to all games but I'm happy with helping the club think most season ticket holders see it no matter the club. 

I don’t see why ST holders get priority over cup games, when the season tickets can’t be used for it or am I wrong?
They should as a one off for this game, especially those unable to gain access to a game they have already paid for.
A decent gesture by the club would be to exchange voucher 1 for the cup game.
Going by how they have treated season ticket holders recently, I'm not holding my breath.