All things Dundee FC

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

No mate, they were asking folk in the queue to go together in groups of 15 to fit more in.

I’ll be 1 unhappy man if I don’t get into this game 😡 shat on time and again by the club regarding tickets. I work during office opening hours and have phoned half a dozen times already with no answer. Fucking no happy 

Just now, Yenitit said:

I’ll be 1 unhappy man if I don’t get into this game 😡 shat on time and again by the club regarding tickets. I work during office opening hours and have phoned half a dozen times already with no answer. Fucking no happy 

There was a queue of about 20 after I got my tickets, they said there was only row A left in the Shankly and the Cox was full. They were asking folk to group up with other folk in the queue as 1 single ticket takes up 5 seats.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

There was a queue of about 20 after I got my tickets, they said there was only row A left in the Shankly and the Cox was full. They were asking folk to group up with other folk in the queue as 1 single ticket takes up 5 seats.

We do have 4 stands, don't we?? I know I haven't been in the ground for about 18 months, but still...

Edited by Spikethedee

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Surprised anyone would go with Robertson over Anderson especially after the brief showing at Montrose and the Forfar match. However, I'd actually go with McGowan central as I love the look of McCowan. Mullen up top for me for his work rate with Cumdog coming on to bag the winner.

For me:

Legzdins

Christie Ashcroft Fontaine Marshall

McGowan Adam McGhee

McMullen Mullen McCowan

Thank you.

It's not so much that I'd pick Robertson over Anderson, just don't think Anderson can do Byrne's role of screening the defence. Not sure Robertson can either mind you. McGowan is a good shout.

31 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

We do have 4 stands, don't we?? I know I haven't been in the ground for about 19 months, but still...

Should have just put blocks of 15 seats with green ticks then 2 with red crosses, then 15 green and so on.... and let folk work it out themselves when they get in.

Edited by johnnydun

I'm trying to cheer myself up with what ifs. Reading the Bonetti article again, imagine we had been given the go ahead just for Cambiasso. Don't even need to bring Maxi Lopez or Diego Forlan to the table.

Speroni (Rab if we're specifically going for the 2000 team)

Smith - Zurab - Wilkie - Marrocco

Carranza - Cambiasso - Nemsadze - Artero

Caniggia - Caballero

Subs:

Roccati (He was pish, but his GK coach for Speroni would be needed)
Beghetto
De Marchi
Rae
Bonetti
Sara
Falconer

Manager: Bernd Schuster

Chief Scouts: Bonetti Brothers.

That team pishes all over that Rangers side that won the league just there.

14 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Emailed them yesterday to request tickets.
Still not had a reply.
Will be mega pissed if I miss out.

I’m the same. No reply yet. Not heard of any getting a message back yet, so there’s still Hope. 

'Club feel they've done the best they could' is rage inducing.

Releasing statements saying they confidently expect all ST holders that want a ticket to get in, expecting fans to go in groups of 15, and panicking about out of town fans after they've already started the selling process and releasing a hastily prepared statement to say, 'give us an e-mail and we'll get you sorted' which was published after one of my mates had already started on his 120 mile round trip from Aberdeen to pick up tickets isn't what I'd consider anywhere near decent nevermind the 'best' they could do.

As an a side, they've also got a 'red zone' for media in the Main Stand. Is it a requirement for the media to get a certain number of freebies? I'd have thought that ST holders should get priority in circumstances like this if that were at all possible.

If I miss out on getting a ticket for this game, after missing out on the previous games, because I can't get into the shop in person to get a ticket. Next season will be the first since 1979 I will not purchase a season ticket.
Raging doesn't come close.

Fucking marvellous. If you work during shop opening hours and get away from work or live out of time you just get shat on. The club have fucked up here with the Twitter announcement saying all fans with season tickets should get in. Should’ve just fuckin done a ballot 😡

I know this is really frustrating for everyone but this is not an easy situation for the club to deal with. I have no problem with supporters being angry that they might not get in to the stadium on Saturday but people need to remember there is a pandemic going on at the moment. The club would never intentionally stop supporters from going to the match on Saturday but clearly mistakes have been made but the council have not made this easy for the club at all with such short notice to let us know if we could open another stand etc. Hopefully things will be back to normal for the next home match. 

I understand there’s a pandemic etc., but the reality is that Dundee have made a much bigger arse of this than any club I’ve seen. 

I’m pissed off from a personal point of view. Last 2 seasons I’ve bought season tickets in the first couple of days of them being out and have so far had 0 tickets. I’m also pissed off from the point of view that plenty of things we do as a club are a shambles. We’re operating in the 20th century. The fact you have to queue multiple times for a ticket etc. is a joke. Why in the 21st century can’t you buy a ticket online and have it on your phone?

4 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

I know this is really frustrating for everyone but this is not an easy situation for the club to deal with. I have no problem with supporters being angry that they might not get in to the stadium on Saturday but people need to remember there is a pandemic going on at the moment. The club would never intentionally stop supporters from going to the match on Saturday but clearly mistakes have been made but the council have not made this easy for the club at all with such short notice to let us know if we could open another stand etc. Hopefully things will be back to normal for the next home match. 

It's their naievty, their shocking communication skills and the appalling logic of thinking ST holders will sit in groups of 15 that's pathetic.

We all make mistakes, but I don't think other clubs are making quite as big ones as these for their games on Saturday.