All things Dundee FC

Are the club still preventing people from buying season tickets with the increase in capacity?

Don't know why the club couldn't just give us a figure for the capacity aswell, we're always pathetic at releasing information about the club. You could add the isolating players fiasco to that aswell. 

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

24,500 Celtic fans allowed against us the following week, no away fans. Not that I'd be wasting my time going to that game tbh.

You wouldn't be wasting your time Ross - we drew 2-2 with West Ham who then pumped Celtic 6-2. We'd beat Celtic 4-0 but I believe the formula is a 2 goal reduction due to us being away from home, so we're going to beat them 2-0. Ashcroft header and Cummings pen. 

Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

You wouldn't be wasting your time Ross - we drew 2-2 with West Ham who then pumped Celtic 6-2. We'd beat Celtic 4-0 but I believe the formula is a 2 goal reduction due to us being away from home, so we're going to beat them 2-0. Ashcroft header and Cummings pen. 

Thank you. 

I was more meaning the fact they'd still place us behind that bloody pillar, as well as a general disinterest in going to the West coast, but your argument is definitely solid.

Thoughts on Graham Dorrans?

Totally honest IMO he was disappointing for us. Didn’t seem to be up for it. Obviously a cracking player in his day but it was like he couldn’t be arsed at our level. I was against us re-signing him for sure. I hope he’s a success for you guys but brace yourself to be underwhelmed.

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Totally honest IMO he was disappointing for us. Didn’t seem to be up for it. Obviously a cracking player in his day but it was like he couldn’t be arsed at our level. I was against us re-signing him for sure. I hope he’s a success for you guys but brace yourself to be underwhelmed.

Couldn't agree more. Occasional flashes of brilliance and you could see his class at times but should have contributed a whole lot more IMO. 

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Who do we bring in for Byrne? Robertson? Do we have a player that can do what Byrne does at top flight level?

Surprised anyone would go with Robertson over Anderson especially after the brief showing at Montrose and the Forfar match. However, I'd actually go with McGowan central as I love the look of McCowan. Mullen up top for me for his work rate with Cumdog coming on to bag the winner.

For me:

Legzdins

Christie Ashcroft Fontaine Marshall

McGowan Adam McGhee

McMullen Mullen McCowan

Thank you.

I realise we’ve not seen much of him but I still think Sheridan is a mistake , why I will say about the guy is he has kept himself fairly injury free and looks like an experienced professional to have around the squad

what is our average squad age out of curiosity doubt it’s under 26? 

I realise we’ve not seen much of him but I still think Sheridan is a mistake , why I will say about the guy is he has kept himself fairly injury free and looks like an experienced professional to have around the squad
what is our average squad age out of curiosity doubt it’s under 26? 

25.44 if you include Sharp, Wilkie and Murray. Otherwise it’ll be over 26.

Doesn’t include all the youths out on loan though and a fair few of those could be thought of as fringe first team players.

Surprised anyone would go with Robertson over Anderson especially after the brief showing at Montrose and the Forfar match. However, I'd actually go with McGowan central as I love the look of McCowan. Mullen up top for me for his work rate with Cumdog coming on to bag the winner.
For me:
Legzdins
McGowan Adam McGhee
McMullen Mullen McCowan
Thank you.

The only reason I’d chose Robertson would be as the most logical direct replacement for Byrne. Anderson with McGhee dropping deeper, or McGowan with McCowan on the wing would both probably be better options though.

56 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

25.44 if you include Sharp, Wilkie and Murray. Otherwise it’ll be over 26.

Doesn’t include all the youths out on loan though and a fair few of those could be thought of as fringe first team players.

I wouldn’t include them as I doubt they’ll get any game time whatsoever, doubt they got any during friendlies either 

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

For me:

Legzdins

McGowan Adam McGhee

McMullen Mullen McCowan

Thank you.

Cummings instead of Mullen and we’re good to go 👍