All things Dundee FC

29 minutes ago, derrybiy said:

The ticket situation appears to be more of a shambles now. If they had no intention of sticking to handing them out in order of season ticket purchase date why not just wait for councils decision on capacity?

I've waited just short of 2 hours (and probably about another hour) to get a ticket for a game I've technically already got a ticket for 🙃

You've got to appreciate there's no easy answer but there's no danger the club haven't made an arse of it. 

I seem to remember the season where we gave the Bigot Brothers the Derry, our season ticket had an alternative seat for the Main Stand on it for those matches. Not sure why they couldn't have done that - whatever the capacity for the BC stand is, the first X season ticket holders get one of those seats allocated to them if it's needed, the next X get an allocated seat in the Shankly etc.

So is there a point in going down today? f**k waiting 2 hours for a ticket I already have.

Ivano Bonetti in that BBC article saying that we could have had Esteban Cambiasso for £1m, Diego Forlan for £1.5m and a 16 year old Maxi Lopez on a free but was told no by our board. Also says we slapped a £7m price tag on Caballero. Celtic were sniffing about and willing to offer about £3m.

As usual with Bonetti, a lot of pinches of salt need to be taken but imagine we had Cambiasso strutting his stuff at Dens. Oft.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

So is there a point in going down today? f**k waiting 2 hours for a ticket I already have.

Ivano Bonetti in that BBC article saying that we could have had Esteban Cambiasso for £1m, Diego Forlan for £1.5m and a 16 year old Maxi Lopez on a free but was told no by our board. Also says we slapped a £7m price tag on Caballero. Celtic were sniffing about and willing to offer about £3m.

As usual with Bonetti, a lot of pinches of salt need to be taken but imagine we had Cambiasso strutting his stuff at Dens. Oft.

My thoughts too 😂

I take it we can just collect one anytime between now and kick off then, without some mad rush?
No doubt there will be a mad rush Saturday before the game as people queue to uplift tickets. If there's a way of making an arse of it, we'll find it.

Just drove past Dens. Queue is the biggest I've seen it. Just going to chance it on Thursday after work and hope there'll be tickets left and a lot less busy.

Absolute shambles considering I technically already have my ticket.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Out of towers guaranteed a ticket if they email in. Fucks that ah aboot. 

I think it's about season ticket holders who live hundreds of miles from Dens and can't drive or walk to Dens to stand in a queue.  I for one am fed up of folk who live in and around Dundee getting preferential treatment just because they can make it to the ticket shop more easily.  I'm not a season ticket holder any more but can understand out of towners complaining about the way this was set up.  I stopped purchasing a season ticket because of it and I would imagine others have been contacting the club threatening to do the same.

Edited by mev

Well now that there are more seats avaliable than ST holders, I suddenly don't feel so pressured to get in that massive line today.

Saw the pictures from Cran, went down the length of the Cox, wrapped around all the way up the wall and around, down the Provie road.

Anyone confirm what’s happening with streaming league games for Season ticket holders? I’m assuming it’s continuing like last season but don’t think the club have said anything about it.

Waiting for clarification but think I’m going to have to isolate until next week so can’t make the game now. Thankfully hadn’t been up today yet.

7 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Anyone confirm what’s happening with streaming league games for Season ticket holders? I’m assuming it’s continuing like last season but don’t think the club have said anything about it.

Waiting for clarification but think I’m going to have to isolate until next week so can’t make the game now. Thankfully hadn’t been up today yet.

I'm certain it'll definitely be continuing, especially with no away fans allowed.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Has this been said somewhere? 

I know someone who hasn't got a ST yet got tickets for Saturday today.. 

The Dundee announcement said that they would get the same level of occupation in the Shankly as they will in the Cox, which is around 2,000. Roughly 4,000 space for 3,000 ST holders going by that logic.

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The Dundee announcement said that they would get the same level of occupation in the Shankly as they will in the Cox, which is around 2,000. Roughly 4,000 space for 3,000 ST holders going by that logic.

Ah, apologies. I was under the impression there was more ST's sold than that. 

Cheers.