All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

How many clean sheets did he have?  

For what it’s worth our fullbacks defending in our box give me the fear. Both goals on Saturday should’ve been cut out. Elliot has to get himself across the striker to cut the cross out, basic defending at the back post. Can’t remember if the same happened at the 1st goal. 

Against a mediocre Forfar team. Again if we win each game 4-3 then that will do just fine . However has the defence changed much ? My opinion I don't think so at all, but humble pie or whatever I dont mind having later on. 

Biggest part for me this season is just being able to be back at football games regardless and I think that goes for many people. 

12 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

How many clean sheets did he have?  

For what it’s worth our fullbacks defending in our box give me the fear. Both goals on Saturday should’ve been cut out. Elliot has to get himself across the striker to cut the cross out, basic defending at the back post. Can’t remember if the same happened at the 1st goal. 

Gowser got ripped apart tbh, their goalie belted the ball up the park quickly and he was the only one there to stop the Forfar player, but got beaten out. Panter meanwhile made a thorough arse out of the second goal, both goals coming from guys getting free on the wing and creating a tap-in.

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

So much negativity and fear. We'll be absolutely fine this season. 

It's now officially a McPake's Dundee sides to have a shite first half of the season and a great second half I feel. Preparing for a shite time until the New Year, then we'll hump a'c**t.

So much negativity and fear. We'll be absolutely fine this season. 

I agree with you. The defence maybe a bit dodgy but having played together for a season they are much more solid than they were.
I see no reason for pessimism or negativity at this stage but I might be in a different mood come 5pm Saturday.

Our local journo is usually on the ball with these things. 

Ach well, if he's not signing it gives me free reign to call him an absolute minter that in his recent interview he said the thought of denying Celtic 10 in a row gave him sleepless nights when he got 38 minutes of action all season.

Edited by Ludo*1

41 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'd be very surprised if he went to St Johnstone. 

I'll be honest, 99% of me wants to see him.sign just for yer man Cobra to tie himself in knots on your forum trying to explain it.

The other 1% is because I'm a sucker for fat, lazy, maverick number 10s.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'll be honest, 99% of me wants to see him.sign just for yer man Cobra to tie himself in knots on your forum trying to explain it.

The other 1% is because I'm a sucker for fat, lazy, maverick number 10s.

99% of you wants to see you sign what would ultimately be your best player (if he's the player he was at us) to wind up a Dundee fan that sticks to his own club forum?

Man, oh man.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

99% of you wants to see you sign what would ultimately be your best player (if he's the player he was at us) to wind up a Dundee fan that sticks to his own club forum?

Man, oh man.

I'm a very petty, pathetic, little man.

On a serious note, I've no idea what level he'd be at now as I've no idea how well he keeps his fitness when he's not playing. Part of me worries it's a repeat of the mistakes we made with Swanson, MOH and May, where we chucked a hunk of money at someone based on how they played 4/5 years ago.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Gowser got ripped apart tbh, their goalie belted the ball up the park quickly and he was the only one there to stop the Forfar player, but got beaten out. Panter meanwhile made a thorough arse out of the second goal, both goals coming from guys getting free on the wing and creating a tap-in.

I agree but the guy having the tap in wouldn’t have if the fullback was covering across properly. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'm a very petty, pathetic, little man.

On a serious note, I've no idea what level he'd be at now as I've no idea how well he keeps his fitness when he's not playing. Part of me worries it's a repeat of the mistakes we made with Swanson, MOH and May, where we chucked a hunk of money at someone based on how they played 4/5 years ago.

31 isn't the oldest and just because Gerrard wasn't keen on a player of Stewart just having a free role and doing whatever the f**k he wants without the need to track back doesn't mean he's lost anything. He's undoubtedly one of the best players in the league when he's on form. Only thing could go against you is that when with us he had only been at Cowdenbeath and had been working in a bank.

The life changing money that he'd have been on at Rangers could make him half arsed completely.

Interesting that you're apparently offering him a wage that we can't get near and don't even want to entertain competing with(according to the Courier article). Brown loosening the purse strings? 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Interesting that you're apparently offering him a wage that we can't get near and don't even want to entertain competing with(according to the Courier article). Brown loosening the purse strings? 

I was about to go off on my usual regarding wages on Tayside, but a cup double and European football can certainly change the scope on finances in the short term.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

I was about to go off on my usual regarding wages on Tayside, but a cup double and European football can certainly change the scope on finances in the short term.

It can, but it still must be a serious offer considering we can get local businesses (Marrs and co) to pay for Adam and they'd be willing to fund Stewart if asked no doubt AND even above that, our money throwing tendencies.

The fact that Cran is saying we've been put off by it must mean it's serious money IMO.

Fair play to Stewart.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Paying a fee for Vertainen too.

If a manager brings money in, they get money to spend. Two of our biggest earners have taken pay cuts, we've lost Melamed, we earned seven figures more than budgeted for last season, highly likely to sell at least one player for 6 figures in this window, then obviously winning one Euro tie guarantees us £3m+.