All things Dundee FC

Not sure where they’re planning on seating everyone. Given it took several days for them to contact the 500 who were successful in the ballot previously, if they have to allocate 3000 people a seat that isn’t their usual I can’t see them managing that in that time. Same goes for if we can’t get more than 2500 at the game for whatever reason.

Hopefully the clean up of the other 2 stands suggests we will all be in our actual seats.

Just me that's worried about the fact McPake says he's finished his business?

Still think we require quality at CH, RB and potentially one more winger.

We've got bodies in those positions but are Elliott, Kerr, Fontaine, Ashcroft and McDaid definitely top flight quality? Have big doubts and even one of them underperforming leaves a big gap in our squad (except McDaid provided McCowan, McGowan and McMullan deliver the goods).

Imperative we get off to a good start against St Mirren as it won't come much tougher with Celtic and Hibs following IMO.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Still think we require quality at CH, RB and potentially one more winger.

Well I'm certain we're not getting another RB in, you'd hope we'd be looking for more than Sweeney at CH and should be the main area still being looked at. As for another winger, believe in GGS. I don't fully believe McPake if he's suggested we're done, he loves trying to be coy about these things.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've got bodies in those positions but are Elliott, Kerr, Fontaine, Ashcroft and McDaid definitely top flight quality?

No, Probably not, Ability is there but body is not, Yes, No. Would still rather have Fontaine starting than Sweeney right now.

33 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think we are weak at the back and this is where I wanted us to strengthen more. 

I noticed not many have predicted where they think we will finish, it's the let's see after first 5 games and call it then I think. 

First game however should be a straight forward 3 points. Shouldn't be dropping points if we are to survive to a team like St.Mirren 

Edited by Robin.Hood

22 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I think we are weak at the back and this is where I wanted us to strengthen more. 

I noticed not many have predicted where they think we will finish, it's the let's see after first 5 games and call it then I think. 

First game however should be a straight forward 3 points. Shouldn't be dropping points if we are to survive to a team like St.Mirren 

Yeah, me too. 

A boy on the other forum said, quite rightly, (Dunno if he posts here, say hi if you do!) our backline conceded 40 goals last season and we are going into this season with the only change being Sweeney who might not be first choice. Panter struggled at CH against Forfar and looks more suited to LB in his wee spell in that position. Granted Legzdins came in half way through last season and we were tighter after that. But I have massive concerns about the defence against top flight opposition on a regular basis.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, me too. 

A boy on the other forum said, quite rightly, (Dunno if he posts here, say hi if you do!) our backline conceded 40 goals last season and we are going into this season with the only change being Sweeney who might not be first choice. Panter struggled at CH against Forfar and looks more suited to LB in his wee spell in that position. Granted Legzdins came in half way through last season and we were tighter after that. But I have massive concerns about the defence against top flight opposition on a regular basis.

Och will probably get shot down here but so f**k but I don't see us finishing any higher than 10th. If we finish 11th and survive play off game then job done. Anything higher is a bonus. Going forward I think we may be okay. Think rather than having 1 good striker we will/ hope have other players chipping in the goals. My worry is just how many we let in the other end.

If I'm wrong and we are doing a lot better and further up in the league then happy days and well done McPake. 

2 home games to start off with, we should be looking for no less than 4 points from that. 

I'd be more than happy with finishing 10th and a decent cup run rather than being binned from the cups early and reaching the heady heights of 7th/8th. It might make for a bleak season but the only aim has to be survival which I think is absolutely achievable. 

39 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, me too. 

How many did we concede with Legzdins in the goal? I’d totally disregard anything with Hamilton between the sticks. 

On 25/07/2021 at 12:03, Girth said:

Anyone thing we look prepared for the big kick off or do we need a couple more bods in? 

I think McPake’s signings have been quite canny but I’m still expecting one or two more. Anyone else? 

Thank you. 

I reckon cause of covid we’d need to have a few more players, regardless if they were needed or not, unlike with most of our managers mcpake has been able to keep his targets out of the media until the last moment so it wouldn’t surprise me 2/3 faces on the horizon 

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

How many did we concede with Legzdins in the goal? I’d totally disregard anything with Hamilton between the sticks. 

10 goals in 11 games. In essence, we conceded a goal a game with our strongest back-line, when we were in top form towards the end of the season at Championship level.

Dunno how I feel about that. Certainly a better statistic than anything prior to that but not sure it's comforting for the step up if we haven't improved.

13 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Can't disregard (well some would be nice to let go) the same defence that we still have. We still leaked goals in however we managed to score at other end which is teckle. Same again this season then happy days.

Edited by Robin.Hood

38 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Can't disregard (well some would be nice to let go) the same defence that we still have. We still leaked goals in however we managed to score at other end which is teckle. Same again this season then happy days.

I most definitely am. No one can legislate for how bad a certain goalkeeper was who had a ridiculously low save percentage. 

10 goals in 11 games. In essence, we conceded a goal a game with our strongest back-line, when we were in top form towards the end of the season at Championship level.
Dunno how I feel about that. Certainly a better statistic than anything prior to that but not sure it's comforting for the step up if we haven't improved.

The Legend made a difference but also we went to 5 in midfield and the likes of McGhee and Byrne give the defence a wee bit of a help out.

One decent signing at CH would be nice but if it was going to be some random donkey maybe we would be better waiting until January to see where the cracks are?

51 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

How many clean sheets did he have?  

For what it’s worth our fullbacks defending in our box give me the fear. Both goals on Saturday should’ve been cut out. Elliot has to get himself across the striker to cut the cross out, basic defending at the back post. Can’t remember if the same happened at the 1st goal. 

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

The Legend made a difference but also we went to 5 in midfield and the likes of McGhee and Byrne give the defence a wee bit of a help out.

One decent signing at CH would be nice but if it was going to be some random donkey maybe we would be better waiting until January to see where the cracks are?

Havnt we just signed some random centre half ? Not saying he is a donkey as far too early to judge him but aye certainly has came from nowhere (signing wise ) . 

My fear with waiting until January, we had a bad start last season in the championship, can we afford to do that in this league ?