All things Dundee FC

Waddell’s had a shocker with that tackle and he knows it with the way he bolted off the pitch at full time. Lucky McMullan hasn’t broken his ankle. 😡

Apart from that tackle that was a really good workout for the players because of the tempo Montrose played at and they were flying into tackles. Hit the frame of the goal 3 times, missed numerous chances but won by 2 in the end 👍

Forfar need to avoid defeat to guarantee qualification the next round. Us likewise.

James McPake just so happens to be best mates with Gary Irvine to the point that Irvine lay the nut on a DAB for McPake. Scott Robertson, our youth coach, just so happens to be Forfar's assistant manager. We have multiple loanees at Forfar.

I wonder what the score will be...

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

James McPake just so happens to be best mates with Gary Irvine to the point that Irvine lay the nut on a DAB for McPake. Scott Robertson, our youth coach, just so happens to be Forfar's assistant manager. We have multiple loanees at Forfar.

Gary Harkins too, don't dare forget GGH.

3-0 the Dee, I want us seeded.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

46 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Eh love Cumdog.

Genuinely didnt realise until tonight you signed him on a permanent basis last year, just assumed he was on loan.

If he produces anywhere near what he is capable of he could be the difference in trying to stay up this season.

Edited by Jacky1990

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Forfar need to avoid defeat to guarantee qualification the next round. Us likewise.

I wonder what the score will be...

only 3 group winners get seeded a win and get 12 points will do me...if we hearts and st mirren win the dabs will finish 4th in the goup winners league and will get a seeded team in the next round....be more pleasing since we got handed a 3-0 win 🤣

17 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Genuinely didnt realise until tonight you signed him on a permanent basis last year, just assumed he was on loan.

If he produces anywhere near what he is capable of he could be the difference in trying to stay up this season.

We're not "trying to stay up" this season - we're aiming for Europe at the very least. 

On 20/07/2021 at 10:58, Jimi Shandrix said:

The first of many magnificent memories that season. Our first look at Fab Cab and he was simply breathtaking in the early part of that season. The travelling support that day was mighty impressive. Two great goals especially the run from the half way line in the last minute by Artero. Ah f**k it, I'll shut up now. Take 6 minutes out of your day and watch it for yourself.

Few things that struck me about this match...

1. The incredible number of times that the posts were hit by both teams. 

2. Artero in his prime was some boy. When he got going down the wing he was almost unstoppable. I remember one match against the DABs in particular when he was making runs in front of the Derry for fun. 

3. I'd forgotten how fiery De Marchi was. Almost constantly looking for a scrap and occasionally remembering that was a central defender. 

4. Fab Cab. So good. 

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

My grandpa died last week. If you are a regular on this thread, you’ll know that my dad (also a United fan) has struck up a random friendship with Adam Legzdins. I saw my dad yesterday and he told me that Legzdins had found out about my grandpa’s passing, and that he had turned up at my parent’s house, unannounced, with a condolences card and had a chat with them. I think it meant quite a lot to my dad.

So, Adam Legzdins = Good guy.

Sorry for your loss Stu.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

My grandpa died last week. If you are a regular on this thread, you’ll know that my dad (also a United fan) has struck up a random friendship with Adam Legzdins. I saw my dad yesterday and he told me that Legzdins had found out about my grandpa’s passing, and that he had turned up at my parent’s house, unannounced, with a condolences card and had a chat with them. I think it meant quite a lot to my dad.

So, Adam Legzdins = Good guy.

Sorry to hear mate.