All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Then the following league game we spanked Dunfermline 3-0 at Dens and could have scored quite a few more, we then believed the league was ours, lol. 

Always remember after the Motherwell game the bus back to The Fort seemed to take no time, mucho enjoyable journey!

Regards

Probably on the same bus m8.😎

There was some completely random and pointless stat that said if you made games 80 minutes long by chopping off the first 5 and last 5 minutes of a game, we'd have won the league that season. Our concentration levels and professionalism under the Bonetti's was utter shite. If we were to relive that era, appointing Bonetti as our scouts and appointing a real talented manager could have seen a completely different history for ourselves.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He did say in the pre-match interview for Montrose words to the effect of "If we see quality we will take a look". If we do make any more signings (I doubt it) they'll be blockbuster imo.

1 hour ago, The Derry said:

I'm willing to riot if we don't sign Greg Stewart.  I will tear the Shankly down with my bare hands.

Must admit, I'd be extremely pissed-off in fairness if Greg Stewart and/or Graham Dorrans were wheeled out at, for example Tannadice in direct opposition.

These are guys (if Dorrans brings the keys to his tool-box this time) who can fill an important role and do a job right now.

Mind you, with all due respect to both, neither are Charlie Adam class, however not many in Scotland are.

Merely an opinion.

So since this statement has came out how does everyone feel about the squad and where do you feel we will finish in the league? 
Get the predictions in their [emoji3]

Like TCM pissed off there’s no GGS. I’m optimistic, although I always am at this point in the season. Slight concern is at centre half but hopefully 1 of Sweeney and Panter will come good. We’ve signed 2 CH’s (can’t be worse than that cunt Forster), a big striker (who maybe shit but it’s hard to imagine he can worse than the Mouse), a new keeper (where we here hideously short this time last year) and a left sided wide man. That all positive and we have a really tight knit group from last season. Optimistic tinged with realism - 7th for me.

Guest Wieghortsnut
2 hours ago, The Derry said:

I'm willing to riot if we don't sign Greg Stewart.  I will tear the Shankly down with my bare hands.

I'll get in on that action aswell

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
Paul Hartley's Cove only able to name 3 subs on the bench and pumping Billy Dodd's Inverness side by 2 goals before HT.
200.gif&key=15f275629be611fc797890579086514e9a0b0af69689851026703771f1d1c498

Dodds won't last the season.

As soon as he gets punted he'll be right back on OTB so I'm unsure what I want.

It's lose-lose :(

6 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

So since this statement has came out how does everyone feel about the squad and where do you feel we will finish in the league? 

Get the predictions in their 😀

Kind of a shrug of the shoulders from me.  Sheridan wasn't quite what I'd hoped for but I don't think he was signed explicitly to score goals, so eager to see what he can bring to the team. 
I think defensively is where we are weakest and would like to have seen an upgrade at RB. Uncertain how whoever Ashcroft's partner is will fare over the piece.

Otherwise though, I think we're right to have virtually the same starters as last season, with the obvious upgrade of a natural left winger in McCowan coming in, seems to enjoy a shot too. Also happy to have McGowan who has played arguably some of his best football for us there. I like him as a kind of inside playmaker there as again it's something different.

McGhee, Byrne and Adam I really love as a midfield 3 and it'll be interesting to see our development plans for Robertson and Anderson and whether they can make an impact in the first team. 

I think 433 suits us and hopefully unlike other seasons where he's had to change it midway through, we can start with some familiarity and carry some (positive!) momentum forth from the previous. 

Reckon we'll have a decent-ish season and finish 8th-10th. But tbh I just canna wait to see Adam shooting from 50yds in the first derby :wub:

Am I correct in that thinking we’ve broke ground on the start of the new stadium?

Has any form of plan been put out ie capacity, how its built or if it’s gonna be proper grass/3G/grass master hybrid?

Edited by D TOTAL

14 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Get the predictions in their 😀

Some half decent looking signings. Not getting carried away though. I'd still bite your arm off for 10th place right now.

Anyone got the new home/away shirt? 

I know it's Macron...what's the size like? 

I'm large usually so wondering if L or XL is best for a man with my 'curvy' figure. 

Edited by Girth

Guest Wieghortsnut

Heard from a friend of a friend there's another two incoming this week. Dorrans is one of them player/coach deal apparently. Dont know how true it is but thought I'd share anyway