All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Loving the optimism but incredible claim to make on the back of the lad having some technical ability. He has a long way to go before even being first choice at Dens never mind pinging in half volleys at the Etihad. 

After the Haber shout yesterday, clearly your bevie sesh has continued into today, which i'm all for. 

(Big season for Robertson ahead).

Thank you. 

It is a big shout but I've not witnessed many at Dens with that composure at 16 and arguably outperforming the rest of the midfield in that breakout season. Some talent. Long way to go but as you say this season is the crucial one for him as to whether he fulfills his talent or just becomes another of our long line of youths who don't make it.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

It is a big shout but I've not witnessed many at Dens with that composure at 16 and arguably outperforming the rest of the midfield in that breakout season. Some talent. Long way to go but as you say this season is the crucial one for him as to whether he fulfills his talent or just becomes another of our long line of youths who don't make it.

Agreed; his lack of pace and  ball winning worries me but there's no doubt about his ability on the ball. I personally think Anderson will go further - especially in Scotland. Interesting to see the two develop in the top flight this season. Some gym work to be done for Anderson in the coming years aswell no doubt. 

Thank you.

Just now, Dundee-FC92 said:

Agreed; his lack of pace and  ball winning worries me but there's no doubt about his ability on the ball. I personally think Anderson will go further - especially in Scotland. Interesting to see the two develop in the top flight this season. Some gym work to be done for Anderson in the coming years aswell no doubt. 

Thank you.

Robertson's only 18, two years younger than Anderson so loads of time yet for him to get better at tackling.  After he's left Shankland floundering with a superbly timed tackle then nutmegged Clark at Tannadice his confidence will soar and Real Madrid will come in with an offer of £100,000,000 which Dundee will reject because it's not enough. 

These purple tablets the doctor gave me don't half make you more positive about things.  🤪

Fair enough if we were seeing him week in week out in Scotland, but i suspect nobody on here could really give a reliable verdict on Sheridan seeing as he's been playing out the country for years.

Think this is a wait and see job. McPake and his staff have seen enough and after the seasons end we owe them some belief in their coaching abilities. 

Very confident of a good season right now. 

Thank you. 

Did any of you buy your season ticket online? Has it been delivered yet? I'm wondering when I'll get mine but everyone I've spoken to bought in the shop and got it that day. I'll give it another week and then phone up.

1 minute ago, derrybiy said:

Did any of you buy your season ticket online? Has it been delivered yet? I'm wondering when I'll get mine but everyone I've spoken to bought in the shop and got it that day. I'll give it another week and then phone up.

I bought mine online and picked it up a couple of days later.

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon he'll do better than myself or others have suggested I just can't see him delivering more than what Sow would have delivered which is the disappointing thing.

For what little its worth, this is how Sheridan "profiled" in Poland last season. Its a mix of performance and profile stuff, the likes of "shooter" are just how many shots a player takes compared to touches around the box. 

Sheridan.thumb.png.4655d3fcd1444b6beddea3dc9aac4e65.png

Then Sow for you lot last season.

.Sow.thumb.png.8e524b03d1e7b94ed4e5a9dfba9a6565.png

Sheridan looks like he'll be harder working, especially in terms of defending from the front, and will also help you keep possession better. Unlikely to score many goals though, but probably a good fit to play beside Cummings in a two.

Edited by RandomGuy.

23 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thing is though his last four years could be summed up in a 30 second clip, we are his 13th club,what does mcpake see that others don’t?