All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

G_Man I would’ve worried about you if you were happy…. with a signing!! 😂

We’ll find out soon enough what type of striker he is. I think going by the Brora game we were screaming out for a big striker to get on the end of the great crosses from Adam, McMullan and McCowan. 

Looking forward to seeing more of McCowan, looks like he has something about his game. 

I agree he will get (hope) he will get the service. Wonder who our main striker will be. Mullen / jakubiak/ Cummings/ Sheridan. 

Tbf keeper I'm happy with. One of our better ones. Sub keeper has some experience also so that is good. 

Edited by Robin.Hood

11 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

G_Man I would’ve worried about you if you were happy…. with a signing!! 😂

We’ll find out soon enough what type of striker he is. I think going by the Brora game we were screaming out for a big striker to get on the end of the great crosses from Adam, McMullan and McCowan. 

Looking forward to seeing more of McCowan, looks like he has something about his game. 

This can't be right.............. 

Mcmullan canna cross apparently 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm assuming we're not signing Danny Rogers, and I don't think Dorrans rejoins. Anywhere else people think we should look to try and fill in the squad?

GGS and Dorrans.

Honestly surprised we've picked Lawlor ahead of Rogers. Happy we have, but surprised.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

GGS and Dorrans.

Honestly surprised we've picked Lawlor ahead of Rogers. Happy we have, but surprised.

Hey, here's hoping and all that, but not holding my breath whatsoever.

I'm glad we're bringing in someone without previous Scottish football baggage in this instance. Bringing in Rogers after relegating his previous team in games he wasn't even picked over Colin Doyle for would look juuuuust a tad tinpot imo. Lawlor is more interesting I think, similar to Legzdins as having kinda run his course down south.

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Can't be doing with the whinging, people moaning about him, and he's not even pulled the shirt on yet. Great signing. IMO.

Aye, because you've never had reservations about a signing before.

To counter balance my worries from earlier, does appear like we are doing something St Johnstone do very successfully in signing a range of boys that were never quite the darling child for their previous clubs and yet are flourishing with us. See McGhee, Byrne, Sow, Fontaine, Ashcroft and McMullan to name but a few. Hope these lads prove to be just as important for us in the coming season!

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To counter balance my worries from earlier, does appear like we are doing something St Johnstone do very successfully in signing a range of boys that were never quite the darling child for their previous clubs and yet are flourishing with us. See McGhee, Byrne, Sow, Fontaine, Ashcroft and McMullan to name but a few. Hope these lads prove to be just as important for us in the coming season!

Yes. We have to say that McPake has had a pretty good signing record. 

3 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Yes. We have to say that McPake has had a pretty good signing record. 

Yeah, that's very true. I'd say out of his list of signings there's only about 4 or 5 that can be defined as total failures for us which is a much higher success rate than any other manager that I can remember.

I'd say Josh McPake, Tom Field, Nicholas Hamilton, Jonathan Afolabi, Jamie Ness and Jordon Forster are the main duds. McPake and Afolabi were signed largely as cover players so can be excused. Field was an emergency LB cover mid way into a season. Hamilton was done above McPake's head and was purely a business deal so that leaves largely just Forster and Ness as a major blight on his signing record. And I reckon most would have swooped for Ness, at the very least at the time.

That's definitely reassuring me!

Screenshot_20210719-154024_Gallery.jpg

20210719_153934.jpg

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is Graham Dorrans still training with you guys?

Aye. You lot needing a CM? We'll sign Dorrans and send Finlay Robertson your way on loan. Has potential to be better than Dorrans IMO.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye. You lot needing a CM? We'll sign Dorrans and send Finlay Robertson your way on loan. Has potential to be better than Dorrans IMO.

Loving the optimism but incredible claim to make on the back of the lad having some technical ability. He has a long way to go before even being first choice at Dens never mind pinging in half volleys at the Etihad. 

After the Haber shout yesterday, clearly your bevie sesh has continued into today, which i'm all for. 

(Big season for Robertson ahead).

Thank you.