All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bolton refused to even take Jagielka on trial, btw. Have fun with that one.

In saying that he reeks of the experienced defender everyone says is done, only to spend a season cruising it.

Yeah, the reasoning was absolutely bizarre.

They offered him a trial, his name leaked out and then they pulled the trial due to his name bringing too much publicity.

Checked the Bolton forum and they were quite excited at the prospect with some having reservations about his age - but the thought was he could also play CDM.

A big League 1 team pulling a trial offer isn't anywhere near as bad as you've tried to make it out there tbh.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, the reasoning was absolutely bizarre.

They offered him a trial, his name leaked out and then they pulled the trial due to his name bringing too much publicity.

Checked the Bolton forum and they were quite excited at the prospect with some having reservations about his age - but the thought was he could also play CDM.

A big League 1 team pulling a trial offer isn't anywhere near as bad as you've tried to make it out there tbh.

I like twisting things to get a reaction, tbh.

Sounds like the manager has promised someone above him he'll play youth, then got it in the neck when it's come out he's offered Jagielka something, so plucked some excuse out his arse.

Signing feels like when we signed Duberry. Everyone will say he's done and expect to exploit him with pace, but high level experience means he'll always be a step ahead regardless. 

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Anyone heard about the ex-Coventry and internationalist that's been linked or is that shite? 

Some coup if true.

Can't be. We are too shite and too poor, according to certain Fermers, to sign any big names.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Can't be. We are too shite and too poor, according to certain Fermers, to sign any big names.

Its incredible you're still in a huff because I didn't think you'll be signing guy in their 20s who were earning over £20k a week last season.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Its incredible you're still in a huff because I didn't think you'll be signing guy in their 20s who were earning over £20k a week last season.

Not at all. I didn't think we would either.

Still nice of you to be instantly on this thread without even mentioning you.

Well, that confirms he's mates with McPake from their Coventry days at least and it's a bit of a random rumour to start. 

There's at least more in it than most others.

Would it be a coup? Abso-bloody-lutely.

Do I believe it? No.

Decent rumour anyway, at least this one as merit as opposed to Ledley, so fair play messaging men. If there is truth to the messages, it'll be a meetup amongst friends I'm sure.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee