All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Are Dundee fans relatively happy/confident with McPake now based on your eventual success last season? Do you think he’ll be in charge 12 months from now?

1. As ever, not really but he certainly deserves the chance since he did what he set out to do last season.

2. Yes, regardless of what happens during the season.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

18 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Great picture that as well, looks like Cammys just loudly declared himself the most skilfull and best player at the club.

'Eh'll set you up all season long Jason with meh wicked crossing ability"

5 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Are Dundee fans relatively happy/confident with McPake now based on your eventual success last season? Do you think he’ll be in charge 12 months from now?

I think he completely turned it around. 

I think so as I think we’ll stay up. 

McPake definitely showed some promise as a manager against all the odds towards the end of the season.

I think even if he does turn out to be at least your average middling Scottish Prem manager, he seems to have a bit of the David Moyes at Everton about him in that he can only get a tune out of the team in the second half of a season as proved in both of his seasons in charge.

He's not got a keeper as bad as Jack Hamilton holding the club back so that's a massive bonus for him.

I don't think he'd be punted even if we finished in the play-offs and went down. 

Big season for him in the eyes of the fans. Truly sink or swim time.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Calum Ferrie signs a 2 year deal with Queens Park.

Good for the guy. He can’t have many complaints about the club, he got his chances and blew them. Hope him and Moore go on and make good careers for themselves. 

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Calum Ferrie signs a 2 year deal with Queens Park.

A good move for him, here's hoping it works out for him

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Callum Moore has rejected a new deal with us. We apparently wanted to give him a contract and put him out on loan, but he has now left the club.

I feel both surprised and not surprised at all that we offered him a new deal, but I think even he knew how pointless that would've been for him. All the best to Callum, I'm sure he's got something lined up.

8 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Random question: How do fans from Dundee and the area decide who to root for between FC and United? Is it basically who your dad/mum roots for, or is there a geographical boundary as I'm under the impression with Hearts/Hibs?

It’s a barrier of whether you’re a fanny or not. The dayglos are fannies. Hope that helps 👍